Originally Posted by Strider_2001
1. Since this is the 4 gig model is there a way to upgrade the storage similar to the way that you can with the PS3?
2. Besides the obvious Halo and Gears series. What other Xbox exclusives do you recommend. The reason that I say exclusives is because I prefer the PS3 controller over the Xbox one. (and if its on the PC well then duh...I am going to get it for PC)
3. Is Kinect worth getting? I have the PS Move and really enjoy it, however I am noticing some of the games are limited.
4. How much room is needed for the Kinect. Seems like you would need more room than the PS Move or Wii.
5. Any other accessories that will make me get the most out of my new Xbox 360?
Thanks in advance.
1) Like everyone else said, yes, you can buy aftermarket 250GB units or put in your own, google's a great friend.
2&3)I think Kinect is a lot of fun, and after this year's E3 microsoft seems to be going all-out. Just picked up Child of Eden which uses it, haven't gotten a chance to play it but it looks like a ton of fun. The game Kinect ships with, Kinect Adventures, is a great party game. If you liked Move I think you'll find Kinect similar, but the voice adds a great tool.
As for exclusives...if you like Gran Turismo and the like definitely check out Forza 2 and/or 3, with 4 on the way this fall. Flight sims has Ace Combat 6 which I heard was good. One of the best mech sims I have ever played was the older Chromehounds, but its cheap and worth checking out if you like that stuff. There's also some XBL arcade stuff you need to check out, like Castle Crashers, Braid, and Bionic Commando: Rearmed. Remember they have demos for just about every game you can download for free, so try before you buy!
4) Kinect needs A LOT of room. I think about 6-7 feet back from the TV MINIMUM and about 8 feet across, 10 if you're using multiple people. If you watch the ads for Kinect you'll notice how much room there is between the TV and the carpet. This is because it needs to see all of you, head to toe, so if you're only 3-4 feet tall you could stand closer than a fully grown person. But laterally you use ALL the space. Seriously, Kinect gets you moving.
5) Intercoolers are a waste of time. Battery packs for controllers are a good idea (I just have some rechargeable AAs). You may want to invest in a wireless headset, or aftermarket setup (Turtle Beach has some great stuff, I love my X11s). Otherwise I think the rest is your call, kinda gimmicky if you ask me. Enjoy the new sexy-box! Edited by darthjoe229 - 6/15/11 at 5:26am