Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Petition: Don't make BF3 an Origin Exclusive
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Petition: Don't make BF3 an Origin Exclusive - Page 21

post #201 of 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneerisloud View Post
Yes, you are correct that Steam has exclusive games as well. But guess what? 99% of us already HAVE a Steam account, because Steam just works.

Do I agree that Steam exclusives shouldn't be allowed too? Yes, absolutely! Am I going to complain about it though? No, because Steam is a great service.

The reason behind this petition, is because its unnecessary bloatware, that we shouldn't NEED to have installed. Retail or digital, we don't know how tied into Origin BF3 will be. That's why we're making this petition.

Again, I do agree that Steam exclusives are just as bad. However, as a PC Gamer, I love Steam for what they do, so I don't mind. EA has been horrible for years. They're just as bad as Activision. So I do not support them making an exclusive on their bloatware crap, especially considering that they have LOST my bought and paid for games.
You shouldn't NEED to have steam installed, I'm sure it was the same when steam was first released. The only reason you accept it is because it has been around so long and your friends have and guess what it's not REQUIRED.

Give origin a chance, if it picks off then you will love it just like Steam. Steam needs the competition, and making their largest game release of the year require their new program is a great way to gain new supporters and users...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marafice Eye View Post
And you're blatantly avoiding the point. On one side is the dev making the free choice to use one. On the other side is the dev being forced to use one. So again, no, not the same.
No I understand and to some extent agree with your point. But, it's not going to change what ever happens and I don't see why EA shouldn't do this...
Edited by Hy3RiD - 6/15/11 at 4:25pm
Helios One
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel [i5 2500k] Gigabyte [P67A-B3] MSI [N560GTX-Ti TWIN FROZR II] Corsair [VENGEANCE DDR3 1333MHZ l 2x4GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
OCZ [Vertex 2E l 60GB] WD Western Digital [Cavair Blue l 640GB] Sony x22 DVD Re Writer LG x10 BD-ROM 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair [H100] Windows [7 I HP 64 Bit] Viewsonic [22" l 1920x1080] Generic 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ [Z Series l 650W] CM [HAF 922 I Window] Logitech [MX 518] The Desk 
Audio
Corsair [HS-1] 
  hide details  
Reply
Helios One
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel [i5 2500k] Gigabyte [P67A-B3] MSI [N560GTX-Ti TWIN FROZR II] Corsair [VENGEANCE DDR3 1333MHZ l 2x4GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
OCZ [Vertex 2E l 60GB] WD Western Digital [Cavair Blue l 640GB] Sony x22 DVD Re Writer LG x10 BD-ROM 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair [H100] Windows [7 I HP 64 Bit] Viewsonic [22" l 1920x1080] Generic 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ [Z Series l 650W] CM [HAF 922 I Window] Logitech [MX 518] The Desk 
Audio
Corsair [HS-1] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #202 of 362
What part about Origin cant compete with steam do you not understand.
They never will have access or the rights to sell even 1/2 the games steam has available...
Steam is too big to be beaten.
post #203 of 362
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zcypot View Post
I like how people assume because it is the "best" fps to come out in a while think everyone will spend money it just because.

Things about steam is, If you already have a large friends list with people you actually play with and have a huge libary of games; its a BIG deal. Here in OCN a lot of us are min maxing out computers to perform at their best. We like to keep our PC clean and clear of clutter and bloatware. Having to install 1 more program with who knows what it will run in the background is not an easy thing to do for most. I HATE having programs installed that I have to use to play a game or use software with.

Now if you dont have many games on steam, not many or any friends on your friends list then it is a little harder to understand, but by all means you can stop using steam. Just dont try to act like you understand how other avid steam users feel.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hy3RiD View Post
You shouldn't NEED to have steam installed, I'm sure it was the same when steam was first released. The only reason you accept it is because it has been around so long and your friends have and guess what it's not REQUIRED.

Give origin a chance, if it picks off then you will love it just like Steam. Steam needs the competition, and making their largest game release of the year require their new program is a great way to gain new supporters and users...



No I understand and to some extent agree with your point. But, it's not going to change what ever happens and I don't see why EA shouldn't do this...
No, I am not giving EA a chance at jack and squat. They LOST my Metro 2033 and BFBC2 licenses. They are no longer registered to my EA account, because EA screwed up. Why would I trust them with even MORE of my money? Why would I trust their crap bloatware?

No thanks. I'll pass. Not giving Origin even 1/2 of a chance. Period.

Again, if BF3 doesn't REQUIRE Origin to run, I'll buy it and enjoy it.
Junkyard
(18 items)
 
NAStradamous
(12 items)
 
HTPC01
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2320 @ 3.1GHz MSI B75MA-E33 HIS HD7970 3GB @ 1050 / 1700, 1.17v Patriot 2x4GB DDR3-1066 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial MX100 256GB WD Green 2TB DVDRW Corsair H50 Push / Pull 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
NZXT 120mm fans strapped to stock 7970 cooler Windows 10 Pro Dell 3007WFP Dell 2007FP 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 2007FP Cheap Toshiba (R.I.P. Ducky) PC Power & Cooling Silencer MKIII 950w Cheap Garbage (free) 
MouseAudio
Logitech G602 Yardsale Special 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3330 Asus H61 MSI GTX 750Ti Low Profile 2x4GB Hynix DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
60GB Kingston SSD 1TB Seagate Samsung DVDRW CoolerMaster Gemin II 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 + Steam Big Picture / Plex HT 50" Insignia LED 1080p Logitech Rosewill Green 530w 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Silverstone HTPC Logitech Pioneer 2.0 tower speakers + 135w RMS Rosewill MCE Remote 
  hide details  
Reply
Junkyard
(18 items)
 
NAStradamous
(12 items)
 
HTPC01
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2320 @ 3.1GHz MSI B75MA-E33 HIS HD7970 3GB @ 1050 / 1700, 1.17v Patriot 2x4GB DDR3-1066 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial MX100 256GB WD Green 2TB DVDRW Corsair H50 Push / Pull 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
NZXT 120mm fans strapped to stock 7970 cooler Windows 10 Pro Dell 3007WFP Dell 2007FP 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 2007FP Cheap Toshiba (R.I.P. Ducky) PC Power & Cooling Silencer MKIII 950w Cheap Garbage (free) 
MouseAudio
Logitech G602 Yardsale Special 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3330 Asus H61 MSI GTX 750Ti Low Profile 2x4GB Hynix DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
60GB Kingston SSD 1TB Seagate Samsung DVDRW CoolerMaster Gemin II 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 + Steam Big Picture / Plex HT 50" Insignia LED 1080p Logitech Rosewill Green 530w 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Silverstone HTPC Logitech Pioneer 2.0 tower speakers + 135w RMS Rosewill MCE Remote 
  hide details  
Reply
post #204 of 362
So why can't EA attempt to match steam? Oh i forgot one bad thing can't be said here against steam. All hail steam... blah blah blah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneerisloud View Post
No, I am not giving EA a chance at jack and squat. They LOST my Metro 2033 and BFBC2 licenses. They are no longer registered to my EA account, because EA screwed up. Why would I trust them with even MORE of my money? Why would I trust their crap bloatware?

No thanks. I'll pass. Not giving Origin even 1/2 of a chance. Period.

Again, if BF3 doesn't REQUIRE Origin to run, I'll buy it and enjoy it.
Bad luck there, chap
Helios One
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel [i5 2500k] Gigabyte [P67A-B3] MSI [N560GTX-Ti TWIN FROZR II] Corsair [VENGEANCE DDR3 1333MHZ l 2x4GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
OCZ [Vertex 2E l 60GB] WD Western Digital [Cavair Blue l 640GB] Sony x22 DVD Re Writer LG x10 BD-ROM 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair [H100] Windows [7 I HP 64 Bit] Viewsonic [22" l 1920x1080] Generic 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ [Z Series l 650W] CM [HAF 922 I Window] Logitech [MX 518] The Desk 
Audio
Corsair [HS-1] 
  hide details  
Reply
Helios One
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel [i5 2500k] Gigabyte [P67A-B3] MSI [N560GTX-Ti TWIN FROZR II] Corsair [VENGEANCE DDR3 1333MHZ l 2x4GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
OCZ [Vertex 2E l 60GB] WD Western Digital [Cavair Blue l 640GB] Sony x22 DVD Re Writer LG x10 BD-ROM 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair [H100] Windows [7 I HP 64 Bit] Viewsonic [22" l 1920x1080] Generic 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ [Z Series l 650W] CM [HAF 922 I Window] Logitech [MX 518] The Desk 
Audio
Corsair [HS-1] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #205 of 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capwn View Post
What part about Origin cant compete with steam do you not understand.
They never will have access or the rights to sell even 1/2 the games steam has available...
Steam is too big to be beaten.
I understand this part, I also think Origin wont be that great because of that. I enjoy very very few games from the EA library. I highly doubt they will push out more games that will fill it up even close to steam, and if they do they will be really crappy. I cant see them taking other publishers either.
Tardis
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|2500k @ 4.4Ghz vcore 1.40| MSI P67A-GD65 290X G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
C300 64GB SSD - 500GB HDD - 840 250GB SSD Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 3 HP LA2405wg 24'' 1920x1200 @5760x1200 Corsair 850watts 
CaseMouse
NZXT Phantom Black G500 
  hide details  
Reply
Tardis
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|2500k @ 4.4Ghz vcore 1.40| MSI P67A-GD65 290X G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
C300 64GB SSD - 500GB HDD - 840 250GB SSD Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 3 HP LA2405wg 24'' 1920x1200 @5760x1200 Corsair 850watts 
CaseMouse
NZXT Phantom Black G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #206 of 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hy3RiD View Post
You shouldn't NEED to have steam installed, I'm sure it was the same when steam was first released. The only reason you accept it is because it has been around so long and your friends have and guess what it's not REQUIRED.

Give origin a chance, if it picks off then you will love it just like Steam. Steam needs the competition, and making their largest game release of the year require their new program is a great way to gain new supporters and users...



No I understand and to some extent agree with your point. But, it's not going to change what ever happens and I don't see why EA shouldn't do this...
I'm not saying EA shouldn't have Origin (I have it installed right now because I used EADM for a couple games I bought before they were on Steam) and I don't like it.

Forcing people is not the way to gain support, EA or Valve. I still have my old HL1 cd's and can play them without Steam if I wanted to play them.

EA doing this (which is still just a rumor at this point.) Is going to hurt their profits. Sure, tons of people will buy the game, but the fact is, a lot won't because they don't want to have to install Origin.
 
HTPC/Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz ASUS Maximus VI GENE Galaxy Geforce GTX 780 Hall of Fame 1188/1652(6... G.Skill Ripjaws X series 16gb ddr3 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Neutron 256gb SSD Seagate Barracude 3tb Seagate Barracuda 3tb LG 12x Blu-Ray Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Crossover Black Tune 2735 AMG 27 inch 2560x1440... LG 22EA53 21.5in 1080p IPS panel 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung Syncmaster 216BW 21.6inch 1680x1050 LCD... Ducky DK 1008-C OCN Edition w/MX Blue Switches Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000w Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula Logitech X-140 2.0 Speakers Logitech G930 Wireless 7.1 Surround Headset 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53Ghz Geforce GTX 260M 1GB 6GB DDR2 500gb and 160gb 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Pro 64bit 17.3" 16:9 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
 
HTPC/Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz ASUS Maximus VI GENE Galaxy Geforce GTX 780 Hall of Fame 1188/1652(6... G.Skill Ripjaws X series 16gb ddr3 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Neutron 256gb SSD Seagate Barracude 3tb Seagate Barracuda 3tb LG 12x Blu-Ray Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Crossover Black Tune 2735 AMG 27 inch 2560x1440... LG 22EA53 21.5in 1080p IPS panel 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung Syncmaster 216BW 21.6inch 1680x1050 LCD... Ducky DK 1008-C OCN Edition w/MX Blue Switches Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000w Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula Logitech X-140 2.0 Speakers Logitech G930 Wireless 7.1 Surround Headset 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53Ghz Geforce GTX 260M 1GB 6GB DDR2 500gb and 160gb 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Pro 64bit 17.3" 16:9 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #207 of 362
If they do, do it how many extra people will they have using Origin, a **** load, that's how many, a **** load. So, they may lose ~300 () sales on it. But a **** load of people will now have their brand new service Origin...

Now when they're new games come around an they require Origin, none of this will happen and those ~300 people will probably cave in because everyone else has it :/
Helios One
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel [i5 2500k] Gigabyte [P67A-B3] MSI [N560GTX-Ti TWIN FROZR II] Corsair [VENGEANCE DDR3 1333MHZ l 2x4GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
OCZ [Vertex 2E l 60GB] WD Western Digital [Cavair Blue l 640GB] Sony x22 DVD Re Writer LG x10 BD-ROM 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair [H100] Windows [7 I HP 64 Bit] Viewsonic [22" l 1920x1080] Generic 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ [Z Series l 650W] CM [HAF 922 I Window] Logitech [MX 518] The Desk 
Audio
Corsair [HS-1] 
  hide details  
Reply
Helios One
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel [i5 2500k] Gigabyte [P67A-B3] MSI [N560GTX-Ti TWIN FROZR II] Corsair [VENGEANCE DDR3 1333MHZ l 2x4GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
OCZ [Vertex 2E l 60GB] WD Western Digital [Cavair Blue l 640GB] Sony x22 DVD Re Writer LG x10 BD-ROM 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair [H100] Windows [7 I HP 64 Bit] Viewsonic [22" l 1920x1080] Generic 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ [Z Series l 650W] CM [HAF 922 I Window] Logitech [MX 518] The Desk 
Audio
Corsair [HS-1] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #208 of 362
Signed!
post #209 of 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hy3RiD View Post
If they do, do it how many extra people will they have using Origin, a **** load, that's how many, a **** load. So, they may lose ~300 () sales on it. But a **** load of people will now have their brand new service Origin...

Now when they're new games come around an they require Origin, none of this will happen and those ~300 people will probably cave in because everyone else has it :/
those ~300~ people that will get later will most likely get it at launch date if they are easily influenced with the crowd. You kind of have to look at the bigger picture beyond the OCN forum and think how many more people are annoyed by this.
Tardis
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|2500k @ 4.4Ghz vcore 1.40| MSI P67A-GD65 290X G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
C300 64GB SSD - 500GB HDD - 840 250GB SSD Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 3 HP LA2405wg 24'' 1920x1200 @5760x1200 Corsair 850watts 
CaseMouse
NZXT Phantom Black G500 
  hide details  
Reply
Tardis
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|2500k @ 4.4Ghz vcore 1.40| MSI P67A-GD65 290X G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
C300 64GB SSD - 500GB HDD - 840 250GB SSD Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 3 HP LA2405wg 24'' 1920x1200 @5760x1200 Corsair 850watts 
CaseMouse
NZXT Phantom Black G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #210 of 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hy3RiD View Post
If they do, do it how many extra people will they have using Origin, a **** load, that's how many, a **** load. So, they may lose ~300 () sales on it. But a **** load of people will now have their brand new service Origin...

Now when they're new games come around an they require Origin, none of this will happen and those ~300 people will probably cave in because everyone else has it :/
Having, and liking are not mutually inclusive. I have Internet Explorer but I don't like it.
 
HTPC/Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz ASUS Maximus VI GENE Galaxy Geforce GTX 780 Hall of Fame 1188/1652(6... G.Skill Ripjaws X series 16gb ddr3 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Neutron 256gb SSD Seagate Barracude 3tb Seagate Barracuda 3tb LG 12x Blu-Ray Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Crossover Black Tune 2735 AMG 27 inch 2560x1440... LG 22EA53 21.5in 1080p IPS panel 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung Syncmaster 216BW 21.6inch 1680x1050 LCD... Ducky DK 1008-C OCN Edition w/MX Blue Switches Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000w Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula Logitech X-140 2.0 Speakers Logitech G930 Wireless 7.1 Surround Headset 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53Ghz Geforce GTX 260M 1GB 6GB DDR2 500gb and 160gb 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Pro 64bit 17.3" 16:9 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
 
HTPC/Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz ASUS Maximus VI GENE Galaxy Geforce GTX 780 Hall of Fame 1188/1652(6... G.Skill Ripjaws X series 16gb ddr3 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Neutron 256gb SSD Seagate Barracude 3tb Seagate Barracuda 3tb LG 12x Blu-Ray Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Crossover Black Tune 2735 AMG 27 inch 2560x1440... LG 22EA53 21.5in 1080p IPS panel 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung Syncmaster 216BW 21.6inch 1680x1050 LCD... Ducky DK 1008-C OCN Edition w/MX Blue Switches Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000w Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula Logitech X-140 2.0 Speakers Logitech G930 Wireless 7.1 Surround Headset 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53Ghz Geforce GTX 260M 1GB 6GB DDR2 500gb and 160gb 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Pro 64bit 17.3" 16:9 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Petition: Don't make BF3 an Origin Exclusive