Overclock.net banner

[GB] Crysis 2 Removed from Steam NOT because of 'Origin'

14K views 235 replies 112 participants last post by  hjjfffaa 
#1 ·
Quote:

"It’s unfortunate that Steam has removed Crysis 2 from their service. This was not an EA decision or the result of any action by EA.

Steam has imposed a set of business terms for developers hoping to sell content on that service â€" many of which are not imposed by other online game services. Unfortunately, Crytek has an agreement with another download service which violates the new rules from Steam and resulted in its expulsion of Crysis 2 from Steam.

Crysis 2 continues to be available on several other download services including GameStop, Amazon, Origin.com and more."

source

#2 ·
LOL. That's it. Just LOL.

Yes, it was ALLL EA's fault. PFFFT.

#3 ·
still could hurt them though...

#5 ·
Internet: The fault really isn't EA's at all...
***MASK IS REMOVED***
Internet: It was good ole' Steam the whole time!
Steam: And I would have gotten away with it too, if it hadn't been for you stinkin' KIDS!

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by -iceblade^
View Post

still could hurt them though...

could hurt them..
but it still isn't their choice. it was all Steam's

#9 ·
I guess Steam requires being the sole Digital Distributor now?

EA I still <3 you.

Darn you Steam, now I can't get Crysis 2 for $20, I bought Crysis and Crysis Warhead in combo for $15.

#11 ·
See, BF3 and other games may still end up Origin exclusives because of this. Albeit not being EA's fault.

It's steams fault for trying to create a monopoly.

#13 ·
Meh, I was debating buying Crysis 2 but I may very well give it a miss. The DRM on Crysis Warhead was bad enough.

#14 ·
idc i'll by my ea games of origin the rest off steam i'm happy stop complaining too picky man

#15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven Dizzle
View Post

See, BF3 and other games may still end up Origin exclusives because of this. Albeit not being EA's fault.

It's steams fault for trying to create a monopoly.

No, actually it says,

Quote:

Steam has imposed a set of business terms for developers hoping to sell content on that service - many of which are not imposed by other online game services. Unfortunately, Crytek has an agreement with another download service which violates the new rules from Steam and resulted in its expulsion of Crysis 2 from Steam.

Since BF3 is not associated with Crytek, it won't be a problem.

#16 ·
Warhead has a DRM, I've never even noticed!

#17 ·
hahahahaha. hahahahahaha. hahahahahaha. hahahahhahaha. hahhahahaa.hahahahahhaa .

Hahahahahah. hahahahahaha. hahahahah. hahahahaha.

ok, im bett......hahahahah ahahahahahaha.

I love it. So much for steams PC gaming savior status, wait crytek is gonna be blamed now. There is no way that the valve fanbois are gonna admit their silliness, and admit it was steams fault.

#19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taylorsci
View Post

No, actually it says,

Since BF3 is not associated with Crytek, it won't be a problem.

but if DICE has an agreement with another download service... will they be given the same treatment?

the "another download service" is Origin. so yeah I bet it will be a problem.

#20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vhati
View Post

hahahahaha. hahahahahaha. hahahahahaha. hahahahhahaha. hahhahahaa.hahahahahhaa .

Hahahahahah. hahahahahaha. hahahahah. hahahahaha.

ok, im bett......hahahahah ahahahahahaha.

I love it. So much for steams PC gaming savior status, wait crytek is gonna blamed now. There is no way that the valve fanbois are gonna admit their silliness.

I think you're over doing it a bit. I know I wasn't too happy with how it appeared that we'd be stuck between two distributors but it seems that's the census for most. I personally enjoy using Steam but I'm also happy hearing that this wasn't on EA as it originally appeared.

#23 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taylorsci
View Post

Does anyone know what these new terms are?

my bet would be it would fall under an NDA. which is why EA did not just simply state the policy in the article.

#26 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven Dizzle
View Post

Internet: The fault really isn't EA's at all...
***MASK IS REMOVED***
Internet: It was good ole' Steam the whole time!
Steam: And I would have gotten away with it too, if it hadn't been for you stinkin' KIDS!

LOL

well played

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.