Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Water everywhere.. :(
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Water everywhere.. :( - Page 18

post #171 of 205
Boil a pot of distilled water and put about 10% by volume distilled white vinegar in it. Then i take like a cup or whatev and put block in it and give it a lil scrub with a soft toothbrush. Then rinse with distilled water and dry. Then i use a turkey baster and fill up the rads and put the lil caps on and shake the hell out of em... drain and repeat do that until you see nothing else coming out, then flush with distilled water a couple times. THEN ur done. ALWAYS CLEAN RADS BEFORE USE!!!!
Edited by motoray - 6/16/11 at 4:10pm
New beginning
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 Msi x370 Titanium  Nano Gskill tridentZ 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD blue m.2 SSD Intel 370 SSD custom loop W10 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
asus 24" Corsair RMx 850 gold Custom Define S cube Razer naga 
Mouse Pad
Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
New beginning
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 Msi x370 Titanium  Nano Gskill tridentZ 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD blue m.2 SSD Intel 370 SSD custom loop W10 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
asus 24" Corsair RMx 850 gold Custom Define S cube Razer naga 
Mouse Pad
Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
post #172 of 205
use lemon juice or ketchup instead ,vinegar is the last resource 1:10 ratio is ok
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4930K Rampage IV Gene SLI Evga GTX 780 Classy 16Gb TeamX2400c9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Pro/ Hitachi Deskstar 1TB  H20 (NexXxoS 420+280) w7x64 VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerMouseAudio
Logitech G110 SuperNOVA 1300 G2 G502 Proteus Core Foobar2K/WASAPI >NuForce Icon HDP >Crack with S... 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4930K Rampage IV Gene SLI Evga GTX 780 Classy 16Gb TeamX2400c9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Pro/ Hitachi Deskstar 1TB  H20 (NexXxoS 420+280) w7x64 VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerMouseAudio
Logitech G110 SuperNOVA 1300 G2 G502 Proteus Core Foobar2K/WASAPI >NuForce Icon HDP >Crack with S... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #173 of 205
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorner View Post
Clamps are not considered extra safety, they are mandatory - whoever told you to not use clamps is an idiot.

You wouldn't plumb a house and not solder the joints, or use compression fittings... why would you throw a water loop inside of an expensive computer without clamps or compression fittings? Shesh - I've never seen a community such as watercooling so full of arrogant know-it-alls spewing out a giant load on everyone.

Clamps or compression fittings -> always use them. Don't mismatch tubing that's not meant for the fittings. Clean your gear and thoroughly inspect it before use - every time. Don't throw in a bunch of **** into your loop. Use a light mixture of pre-mix and distilled (you can use less than you would think, it's a small loop with not much water and the conditions aren't extremely harsh... nowhere near as bad as in your car's loop for instance) even if you think you're "joe superhero, with 0.001celcius better temps because you run just straight distilled 'like a man'". Monitor, and take care of your system and loop like you would take care of everything else you own. Be it the clothing on your back, the car you drive, the house you own... whatever it is if you're a lazy arse, you will pay. Same goes if you're cheap... you're going to be the one whining about issues all the time.

To reiterate: take care with your stuff, take your time, use common sense, don't be cheap when it comes to something that could ruin your components and lastly... don't be lazy and upkeep your system like you should do with everything else.
Not using clamps was nothing to do with me being lazy. It was recommended by reputable member on this forum.

I'd suggest you make your own thread about this because honestly no one is going to read your post. You think you can come in here point fingers and act like just saved the day with your opinion. Please save yourself the typing.

For me to have caught this corrosion I would have to take everything apart... After 3 months that is unnecessary or so I thought.

I cleaned everything to my best ability/knowledge at that time. I did not know I needed to boil everything before use. But seriously I made recovery which points out a lot about what can happen and what are the chances of not damaging anything.
Big Folder
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k @ 4.4 z97-ar MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Kingston HyperX Fury1866Mhz Clk 10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD1000 Green Seagate SSD Hyper 212+ Push/Pull with fan shroud Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer 23  TR2 RX 850W Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
Big Folder
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k @ 4.4 z97-ar MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Kingston HyperX Fury1866Mhz Clk 10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD1000 Green Seagate SSD Hyper 212+ Push/Pull with fan shroud Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer 23  TR2 RX 850W Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
post #174 of 205
Sorry to hear about the water, glad everything worked out in the end. Did you smell something like burning hair at one point? I had a similar issue when trying to bleed my video card and a tube popped off even with my compression barbs and needless to say water went everywhere while it was turned on
I then didn't let it dry out enough and smelled that pulled the plug again, let it dry out more and everything has been fine since, ran some benches and stuff to ensure everything was so far so good, so best of luck with everything!
post #175 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhandluke41 View Post
use lemon juice or ketchup instead ,vinegar is the last resource 1:10 ratio is ok
Your block will only be in the vinegar for maybe.. 2 minutes TOPS. Not nearly long enough to have an effect. It is what most do.
New beginning
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 Msi x370 Titanium  Nano Gskill tridentZ 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD blue m.2 SSD Intel 370 SSD custom loop W10 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
asus 24" Corsair RMx 850 gold Custom Define S cube Razer naga 
Mouse Pad
Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
New beginning
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 Msi x370 Titanium  Nano Gskill tridentZ 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD blue m.2 SSD Intel 370 SSD custom loop W10 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
asus 24" Corsair RMx 850 gold Custom Define S cube Razer naga 
Mouse Pad
Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
post #176 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorner View Post
Clamps are not considered extra safety, they are mandatory - whoever told you to not use clamps is an idiot.

You wouldn't plumb a house and not solder the joints, or use compression fittings... why would you throw a water loop inside of an expensive computer without clamps or compression fittings? Shesh - I've never seen a community such as watercooling so full of arrogant know-it-alls spewing out a giant load on everyone.

Clamps or compression fittings -> always use them. Don't mismatch tubing that's not meant for the fittings. Clean your gear and thoroughly inspect it before use - every time. Don't throw in a bunch of **** into your loop. Use a light mixture of pre-mix and distilled (you can use less than you would think, it's a small loop with not much water and the conditions aren't extremely harsh... nowhere near as bad as in your car's loop for instance) even if you think you're "joe superhero, with 0.001celcius better temps because you run just straight distilled 'like a man'". Monitor, and take care of your system and loop like you would take care of everything else you own. Be it the clothing on your back, the car you drive, the house you own... whatever it is if you're a lazy arse, you will pay. Same goes if you're cheap... you're going to be the one whining about issues all the time.

To reiterate: take care with your stuff, take your time, use common sense, don't be cheap when it comes to something that could ruin your components and lastly... don't be lazy and upkeep your system like you should do with everything else.

sorry couldn't help it
New beginning
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 Msi x370 Titanium  Nano Gskill tridentZ 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD blue m.2 SSD Intel 370 SSD custom loop W10 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
asus 24" Corsair RMx 850 gold Custom Define S cube Razer naga 
Mouse Pad
Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
New beginning
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 Msi x370 Titanium  Nano Gskill tridentZ 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD blue m.2 SSD Intel 370 SSD custom loop W10 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
asus 24" Corsair RMx 850 gold Custom Define S cube Razer naga 
Mouse Pad
Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
post #177 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by giganews35 View Post
For me to have caught this corrosion I would have to take everything apart... After 3 months that is unnecessary or so I thought.

Interestingly, your inlet barb on xspc was not corroded, only the outlet...wonder if the issue was inside xspc. I assume it has an injection plate, what did it look like?

Regarding the additives, ive been water cooling since we had to mix metals and use pentosin/zerex, etc. But in last many years, I only use distilled and PT nuke. I change fluids when i upgrade, and sometimes that means going a year or more, and I never saw corrosion like that. Barbs lose a little nickel, copper gets little oxide, but that is it.

And maybe I have been lucky with clean rads, but (thermochill rad aside), all others, swiftech, feser, xspc I have used, I wash with distilled couple times and shake and that is it, and draining loop even a year later and fluid is still clear.

I think you just got really unlucky with something screwy.

One other point, reading comprehension in this thread is impressive.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6900K 4.4ghz  MSI X99A Krait Titan XP Gskill 32GB 3200 C14 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Pro 1TB OS Samsung 850 pro 1TB games D5, XT45 280 rad, Nemesis 280 rad,  Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer Predator XB271HU 144hz Seasonic Prime Titanium 850 Fractal Design R5 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6900K 4.4ghz  MSI X99A Krait Titan XP Gskill 32GB 3200 C14 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Pro 1TB OS Samsung 850 pro 1TB games D5, XT45 280 rad, Nemesis 280 rad,  Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer Predator XB271HU 144hz Seasonic Prime Titanium 850 Fractal Design R5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #178 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoray View Post
sorry couldn't help it
NAh, dont be... I LOLed. Very apt
post #179 of 205
Thread Starter 
Well it looks like I lost the pump as well. Probably got stuck with some of that crap from the block.

XSPC hasn't got back to me yet. Hopefully they will tomorrow. It is definitely something defective with their product. I hope there is a warranty on their products.
Big Folder
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k @ 4.4 z97-ar MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Kingston HyperX Fury1866Mhz Clk 10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD1000 Green Seagate SSD Hyper 212+ Push/Pull with fan shroud Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer 23  TR2 RX 850W Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
Big Folder
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k @ 4.4 z97-ar MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Kingston HyperX Fury1866Mhz Clk 10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD1000 Green Seagate SSD Hyper 212+ Push/Pull with fan shroud Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer 23  TR2 RX 850W Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
post #180 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by giganews35 View Post
Well it looks like I lost the pump as well. Probably got stuck with some of that crap from the block.

XSPC hasn't got back to me yet. Hopefully they will tomorrow. It is definitely something defective with their product. I hope there is a warranty on their products.
They are pretty good with that stuff. Hope they hook you up.
New beginning
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 Msi x370 Titanium  Nano Gskill tridentZ 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD blue m.2 SSD Intel 370 SSD custom loop W10 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
asus 24" Corsair RMx 850 gold Custom Define S cube Razer naga 
Mouse Pad
Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
New beginning
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 Msi x370 Titanium  Nano Gskill tridentZ 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD blue m.2 SSD Intel 370 SSD custom loop W10 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
asus 24" Corsair RMx 850 gold Custom Define S cube Razer naga 
Mouse Pad
Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Water everywhere.. :(