Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The Official Xigmatek Elysium Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Xigmatek Elysium Club - Page 85

post #841 of 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanoverfist View Post

I do see a couple of things different from the original release.. Here is my progress so far.




you picked a sweet motherboard love my sabertooth z77,get as many cables behind the mobo tray as possible this will help keep it nice clean. I have every cable stuffed behind mobo tray you can't see any cables at all with exception of 24 pin one.
post #842 of 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorse27 View Post

you picked a sweet motherboard love my sabertooth z77,get as many cables behind the mobo tray as possible this will help keep it nice clean. I have every cable stuffed behind mobo tray you can't see any cables at all with exception of 24 pin one.
Yes the thermal armor is really helping with a stealth black thing that's happening. I am keeping everything as blacked out as possible with the exception of a little red accent lighting. Hope it turns out.thumb.gif I am trying to find something to cover that ugly psu wire now. half-x covers are sold out where i have looked might have to fab something.
Edited by Hanoverfist - 7/28/12 at 9:03am
post #843 of 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanoverfist View Post

Yes the thermal armor is really helping with a stealth black thing that's happening. I am keeping everything as blacked out as possible with the exception of a little red accent lighting. Hope it turns out.thumb.gif I am trying to find something to cover that ugly psu wire now. half-x covers are sold out where i have looked might have to fab something.


This is what I did and it works for me.


Edited by rmorse27 - 7/29/12 at 11:28am
post #844 of 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorse27 View Post

This is what I did and it works for me.
That looks great. so much cleaner.. good job:D
post #845 of 1907
There is no way to keep the armor on and do push/pull with a 60mm. I missed it by 2mm:doh: 8pin eps is going to be creative




post #846 of 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanoverfist View Post

There is no way to keep the armor on and do push/pull with a 60mm. I missed it by 2mm:doh: 8pin eps is going to be creative Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Same thing happened to me. The Monsta rad is huge. but if you have a spare 8-pin extension, shave off the clip and install first before the rad and it should clear. I had an SR1-360 with push/pull so it was super tight Another alternative is to shift the radiator over a bit to the side. Use some of the vented holes to mount or drill some new mounting holes w/ washers for support. When I installed the bottom rad, I pushed it as far back as possible and with some cleaver positioning, i was able to grab about six screws through the vented holes without making new holes.







Here's my wip build. I'm hoping to finish by this weekend smile.gif

post #847 of 1907
Thanks for the heads up. I am brain stormin now. missed having the armor by like 2mm ..so close.. armor is thick and tall at the top and really screws things:mad:
Edited by Hanoverfist - 7/30/12 at 6:52pm
post #848 of 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanoverfist View Post

Thanks for the heads up. I am brain stormin now. missed having the armor by like 2mm ..so close.. armor is thick and tall at the top and really screws things:mad:

Did you get the UT60 or the Monsta?
post #849 of 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMogg View Post

For your interest, mod the far side of the drive-bays column, the HDD fits between the 5.25" column and the back side-panel perfectly.
I will be stealthing my HDD there in the future smile.gif

I shall give this a try! I just ended up changing the tubing biggrin.gif

P1000498.jpg
P1000500.jpg
P1000501.jpg
P1000502.jpg

Just bout done bleeding the air out!
post #850 of 1907
Really loving some of the mods in here, the fill port in the HDD dock and moving the PSU and such. Great ideas, especially when I go full blown liquid later ^_^
XBMC HTPC
(10 items)
 
Echo One
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 925 MSI 890FXA-GD70 EVGA GT 610 2GB CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB WD1002FAEX  Xigmatek Gaia XBMCBuntu 11.04 Generic Dell crap 
PowerCase
Coolmax 700W Apevia X-Jupiter-Jr Midtower 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4670K MSI Z87 AC ITX MSI GTX 760 ITX G.SKILL Sniper Series 2x8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo Western Digital Caviar Black Stock Intel Heatsink Windows 10 Home 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
LG 25UM57 LG IPS226V-PN LG IPS226V-PN Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
EVGA Hadron Hydro Logitech G502 Proteus Core SteelSeries QCK+  Corsair SP2500 
Audio
Corsair Vengeance 2000  
  hide details  
Reply
XBMC HTPC
(10 items)
 
Echo One
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 925 MSI 890FXA-GD70 EVGA GT 610 2GB CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB WD1002FAEX  Xigmatek Gaia XBMCBuntu 11.04 Generic Dell crap 
PowerCase
Coolmax 700W Apevia X-Jupiter-Jr Midtower 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4670K MSI Z87 AC ITX MSI GTX 760 ITX G.SKILL Sniper Series 2x8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo Western Digital Caviar Black Stock Intel Heatsink Windows 10 Home 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
LG 25UM57 LG IPS226V-PN LG IPS226V-PN Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
EVGA Hadron Hydro Logitech G502 Proteus Core SteelSeries QCK+  Corsair SP2500 
Audio
Corsair Vengeance 2000  
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The Official Xigmatek Elysium Club