Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The Official Xigmatek Elysium Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Xigmatek Elysium Club - Page 87

post #861 of 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanoverfist View Post

I ordered a braided 8pin extension. so i will shave that down to fit. If you look at the pic this is when i started swearing..I had already ordered the rad by the time i fitted the board into the case.. The case showed up a couple days ahead of everything.

you could also try a little bit of panel beating and knock the top grill up a little, you would have to shave a little of the grill cover to let it sit flat again. just a thought.. nice build btw.
MONSTA GHOST
(2 items)
 
 
THE DUAL
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k msi z77 mpower evga 690 g skill ripjaws z  
CoolingCase
aquacomputer airplex 840mm rad xigmatek elysium 
  hide details  
Reply
MONSTA GHOST
(2 items)
 
 
THE DUAL
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k msi z77 mpower evga 690 g skill ripjaws z  
CoolingCase
aquacomputer airplex 840mm rad xigmatek elysium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #862 of 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchris View Post

you could also try a little bit of panel beating and knock the top grill up a little, you would have to shave a little of the grill cover to let it sit flat again. just a thought.. nice build btw.
I'm thinking about just getting 3 fans that move a little more air than what I've got and just use a push. I get a ton of room if I do that. The reason I bought this board is for the way it looked and to sacrifice that for a 10 to 15 percent gain probably isn't worth it:).
Edited by Hanoverfist - 7/31/12 at 6:55am
post #863 of 1907
My two Bitfenix 230mm and two 140mm Pro fans have arrived. I ordered some wire fan grills/guards for the 230s and Its noisier with the grill installed confused.gif. These fans will be hooked up to the fan controller so I can vary the noise but I'm not happy about the added noise. I'll try raising the grills a bit to see if the noise subsides smile.gif
post #864 of 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad View Post

My two Bitfenix 230mm and two 140mm Pro fans have arrived. I ordered some wire fan grills/guards for the 230s and Its noisier with the grill installed confused.gif. These fans will be hooked up to the fan controller so I can vary the noise but I'm not happy about the added noise. I'll try raising the grills a bit to see if the noise subsides smile.gif
At least when you go air, you go BIG AIR.tongue.gif
post #865 of 1907
Ok so I can live with this setup.


post #866 of 1907
^^^Kewl thumb.gif








I'm planning to paint my cpu cooler's fan. I really don't like the beige color (well, its a lot better than the Noctua fan colors, eew). I'm going to test mount my Bitfenix and I realized that the fan grill/guard I tested on the intake side. Since they will be on the exhaust side, I havent tested them there, so there maybe be a chance they will go in if they don't affect the noise level too much.

edit: actually, the design of the rear support vanes of the Bitfenix fans are good enough to make them guards thinking.gif. So I might not even use them smile.gif
Edited by wermad - 7/31/12 at 8:39pm
post #867 of 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanoverfist View Post

Ok so I can live with this setup.


looks good thumb.gif
MONSTA GHOST
(2 items)
 
 
THE DUAL
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k msi z77 mpower evga 690 g skill ripjaws z  
CoolingCase
aquacomputer airplex 840mm rad xigmatek elysium 
  hide details  
Reply
MONSTA GHOST
(2 items)
 
 
THE DUAL
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k msi z77 mpower evga 690 g skill ripjaws z  
CoolingCase
aquacomputer airplex 840mm rad xigmatek elysium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #868 of 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanoverfist View Post

Ok so I can live with this setup.



Looks great I like the stealth look you have going,pick up some 3 pin extension cables so you can get them behind mobo tray and then run them threw drive bay holes.

post #869 of 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorse27 View Post

Looks great I like the stealth look you have going,pick up some 3 pin extension cables so you can get them behind mobo tray and then run them threw drive bay holes.
Extensions are on the way.. Shipped on Monday..thumb.gif
post #870 of 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanoverfist View Post

Extensions are on the way.. Shipped on Monday..thumb.gif


Nice
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The Official Xigmatek Elysium Club