Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Operating Systems › Windows › windows product key error/problem
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

windows product key error/problem

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
i just got an SSD drive and redid my windows 7 ultimate. Ive run into problems. First off the windows 7 disk im using is "the get genuine online kit". I had a conterfiet copy and they sent me these new disk, but now when i try to install i dont have a product key! I got my product key through the regestry and it wont verify it saying that :

"the product key you have entered appears to be a defualt product key and cannot be used for activation. Type a different Windows 7 Ultimate product key"

what do i do? this is freakin pissing me off. damn microsoft.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4850HQ Apple Logic Board Nvidia GeForce GT 750M 16GB 1600mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveOS
512 GB Flash-E Storage OSX 10.10 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4850HQ Apple Logic Board Nvidia GeForce GT 750M 16GB 1600mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveOS
512 GB Flash-E Storage OSX 10.10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 13
does it give you the option to validate over the phone?
I had to do this when I changed out mobo and hdd but it worked.
It's all automated and requires alot of numbers over the phone, and when it asks you how many pc's you've installed the os onto make sure you say just 1
MKG-Cosmos II
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 DO oc'd to 4.25Ghz EVGA 3-way Sli Classified 2x480 SLI 3x2g Corsair CMG6GX3M3A2000C7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
80g Intel ssd, 2x300g raptors (0), 2x1 TB RE3 (0 Pioneer Blu-Ray burner, 22x dvd burner custom loop Windows 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG W3000H, dell ultra-sharp 24" Ducky 'OCN' with brown hx1000 Cosmos II 
MouseMouse Pad
mionix naos 5000 steelseries SX 
  hide details  
Reply
MKG-Cosmos II
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 DO oc'd to 4.25Ghz EVGA 3-way Sli Classified 2x480 SLI 3x2g Corsair CMG6GX3M3A2000C7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
80g Intel ssd, 2x300g raptors (0), 2x1 TB RE3 (0 Pioneer Blu-Ray burner, 22x dvd burner custom loop Windows 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG W3000H, dell ultra-sharp 24" Ducky 'OCN' with brown hx1000 Cosmos II 
MouseMouse Pad
mionix naos 5000 steelseries SX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 13
Thread Starter 
no it doesnt say, but should i try?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4850HQ Apple Logic Board Nvidia GeForce GT 750M 16GB 1600mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveOS
512 GB Flash-E Storage OSX 10.10 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4850HQ Apple Logic Board Nvidia GeForce GT 750M 16GB 1600mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveOS
512 GB Flash-E Storage OSX 10.10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 13
cant hurt as long as you have the code you typed in the first time.
MKG-Cosmos II
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 DO oc'd to 4.25Ghz EVGA 3-way Sli Classified 2x480 SLI 3x2g Corsair CMG6GX3M3A2000C7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
80g Intel ssd, 2x300g raptors (0), 2x1 TB RE3 (0 Pioneer Blu-Ray burner, 22x dvd burner custom loop Windows 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG W3000H, dell ultra-sharp 24" Ducky 'OCN' with brown hx1000 Cosmos II 
MouseMouse Pad
mionix naos 5000 steelseries SX 
  hide details  
Reply
MKG-Cosmos II
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 DO oc'd to 4.25Ghz EVGA 3-way Sli Classified 2x480 SLI 3x2g Corsair CMG6GX3M3A2000C7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
80g Intel ssd, 2x300g raptors (0), 2x1 TB RE3 (0 Pioneer Blu-Ray burner, 22x dvd burner custom loop Windows 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG W3000H, dell ultra-sharp 24" Ducky 'OCN' with brown hx1000 Cosmos II 
MouseMouse Pad
mionix naos 5000 steelseries SX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob808 View Post
cant hurt as long as you have the code you typed in the first time.
well the key code i had the first time was a counterfiet so when windows found out they sent me the new cds to replace the old ones, and apparently i cant find the key?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4850HQ Apple Logic Board Nvidia GeForce GT 750M 16GB 1600mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveOS
512 GB Flash-E Storage OSX 10.10 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4850HQ Apple Logic Board Nvidia GeForce GT 750M 16GB 1600mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveOS
512 GB Flash-E Storage OSX 10.10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 13
You need to call Microsoft and have then reactivate your product key. It'll take some time and line redirecting, but you will have it reactivated after all said and done.
BlueRaven
(13 items)
 
Dead BIOS
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 G74Sx NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M  Samsung  
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung  Samsung  Momentus 7200.4 Scorpio Blue 
Mouse
Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
BlueRaven
(13 items)
 
Dead BIOS
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 G74Sx NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M  Samsung  
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung  Samsung  Momentus 7200.4 Scorpio Blue 
Mouse
Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
You need to call Microsoft and have then reactivate your product key. It'll take some time and line redirecting, but you will have it reactivated after all said and done.
are they open still?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4850HQ Apple Logic Board Nvidia GeForce GT 750M 16GB 1600mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveOS
512 GB Flash-E Storage OSX 10.10 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4850HQ Apple Logic Board Nvidia GeForce GT 750M 16GB 1600mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveOS
512 GB Flash-E Storage OSX 10.10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 13
Call tomorrow. Since you got your key out of the registry, though, you may be forced to purchase a new key.
BlueRaven
(13 items)
 
Dead BIOS
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 G74Sx NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M  Samsung  
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung  Samsung  Momentus 7200.4 Scorpio Blue 
Mouse
Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
BlueRaven
(13 items)
 
Dead BIOS
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 G74Sx NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M  Samsung  
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung  Samsung  Momentus 7200.4 Scorpio Blue 
Mouse
Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
Call tomorrow. Since you got your key out of the registry, though, you may be forced to purchase a new key.
THATS BS, they better let me activate it, if not ive lost all faith in this company. I am not buying another key for windows.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4850HQ Apple Logic Board Nvidia GeForce GT 750M 16GB 1600mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveOS
512 GB Flash-E Storage OSX 10.10 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4850HQ Apple Logic Board Nvidia GeForce GT 750M 16GB 1600mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveOS
512 GB Flash-E Storage OSX 10.10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaRTaco View Post
i just got an SSD drive and redid my windows 7 ultimate. Ive run into problems. First off the windows 7 disk im using is "the get genuine online kit". I had a conterfiet copy and they sent me these new disk, but now when i try to install i dont have a product key! ...
See Bold Red Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaRTaco View Post
THATS BS, they better let me activate it, if not ive lost all faith in this company. I am not buying another key for windows.
Buy a legitimate copy and the problems all go away. I'm just trying to help you with what you've given me.
BlueRaven
(13 items)
 
Dead BIOS
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 G74Sx NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M  Samsung  
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung  Samsung  Momentus 7200.4 Scorpio Blue 
Mouse
Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
BlueRaven
(13 items)
 
Dead BIOS
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 G74Sx NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M  Samsung  
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung  Samsung  Momentus 7200.4 Scorpio Blue 
Mouse
Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Windows
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Operating Systems › Windows › windows product key error/problem