Alrighty, since I last posted here, I managed to do the following:
get another monitor arm and a new third monitor
get new RAM
put it all together
Here are the pictures and details:
Monitor arms/mounts. I have a dual and a single:
Monitors (****ty iPod pictures):
16GB of RAM
Previous setup. I had to drain the loop and remove all the tubes that were attached to something on the motherboard, so I can switch the motherboards out
Motherboard removed (I did this in the garage, so the change in temperature caused the empty reservoir to fog up)
I guess i didn't clean the radiator enough, even though I felt like I spent 3 hours doing it haha. The water was ran for about 5 months
Old TIM on the CPU block
After cleaning the block (inside and out) overnight, I put the 2600k in place:
My block is a bit old now, probably should look into a new one sometime
CPU block installed:
Leak testing and cleaning/rinsing with vinegar/distilled water (forgot to disconnect the fan controller, but I just ended up turning them off via the controller). I had a small leak in the fittings on the bottom of the reservoir. The o-rings seem to have been compressed quite a bit, and when moving things in/out of the case, I must have made them a bit loose.
Leak testing and cleaning done, as well as bleeding. Everything in good order.
After installing drivers, I snapped this photo. Running at stock speeds and I forgot to get CPU-z updated
This is a Hackintosh, so after everything was squared away in regards to running Windows, I was ready to configure OSX. My office was a bit of a mess during this since I was using my older iMac to install OSX to my harddrive and using my laptop as a reference/resource station with the steps/instructions in what I was doing
I was too lazy to put my harddrive into an external enclosure. Probably should have, but it's all in the past now haha. I am installing OSX via FireWire
Done messing with the hardware, so it's all sealed up
Overclocking now. Started with 4.5 ghz since that is where I would most likely settle into for everyday usage
I did manage to get stable at 4.7 ghz though
In the end, I settled with 4.5 ghz. Idling at 35C with 22C ambient. Under load, the max is 60C but usually hovering around 55C. Definitely satisfied with it all.
Well that's the end of this build. It was really my first major build because my previous one didn't require much work. I had a lot of fun and intend to continue doing it in the future, after my funds recover haha.
Hope you enjoyed it!