Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Help overclocking 2500k i5
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help overclocking 2500k i5 - Page 2

post #11 of 25
Thread Starter 
I'm also having trouble wiring my front panel. The manual says things like 'red wire, yellow, green' etc but none of the colours seem to match. Am I right in thinking the black wire is always negative?( - )
My first build.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k i5 P67a-G45 HD4890 Corsair xms3 7-8-7-20 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
500gb WD SataIII Windows7 x64 42" LCD Zalman ZM500-HP 
Case
NXZT M59 
  hide details  
Reply
My first build.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k i5 P67a-G45 HD4890 Corsair xms3 7-8-7-20 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
500gb WD SataIII Windows7 x64 42" LCD Zalman ZM500-HP 
Case
NXZT M59 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasherht View Post
you should be able to hit between 3.8 and 4.0 on stock voltage or with a very very small increase in voltage. You should be able to hit 4.5 no problem. possibly 5.0 if you have a golden chip and proper cooling.


can you go to the here click here and fill out your specs.
what do you mean by golden chip
post #13 of 25
Is vcore really the only setting that needs changing? Which voltages for SB in particular? I was fiddling around with three different voltages to get 4.8 stable
post #14 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet247 View Post
what do you mean by golden chip
A cpu that can get above average overclocks with default/nearly no volt improvement.

E.g a normal i5 2500k at 4.5ghz is about 1.38v right? Immagine it at 4.7ghz with 1.32v.

They VERY rare though from what I've read.
My first build.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k i5 P67a-G45 HD4890 Corsair xms3 7-8-7-20 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
500gb WD SataIII Windows7 x64 42" LCD Zalman ZM500-HP 
Case
NXZT M59 
  hide details  
Reply
My first build.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k i5 P67a-G45 HD4890 Corsair xms3 7-8-7-20 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
500gb WD SataIII Windows7 x64 42" LCD Zalman ZM500-HP 
Case
NXZT M59 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarathal View Post
Thanks for the advice guys.

Just filled out my system.
The Sig looks sweet
Next, get yourself an Avatar
I Like Smileys :)
(16 items)
 
Sony Vaio 1512
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K 4.6GHz Asus P8P67 Pro Bios 3207 MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G Ripjaws-X 16GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
80GB Intel & 128GB 830  2 x WD640 Caviar Black LG DVD-RW Noctua NH-D14  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 HP 64bit Acer 5906x1080 3D Logitech G15 Corsair TX850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Logitec G700 Razer Goliathus Sharkoon X-Tatic 5.1 Headset 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel® Core™ i5-3210M Laptop  HD 4000 Corsair Vengeance 8GB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 250GB DVD Multi Windows 8 15.5 inch display (1366 x 768) 
Keyboard
LED Back lit 
  hide details  
Reply
I Like Smileys :)
(16 items)
 
Sony Vaio 1512
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K 4.6GHz Asus P8P67 Pro Bios 3207 MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G Ripjaws-X 16GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
80GB Intel & 128GB 830  2 x WD640 Caviar Black LG DVD-RW Noctua NH-D14  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 HP 64bit Acer 5906x1080 3D Logitech G15 Corsair TX850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Logitec G700 Razer Goliathus Sharkoon X-Tatic 5.1 Headset 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel® Core™ i5-3210M Laptop  HD 4000 Corsair Vengeance 8GB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 250GB DVD Multi Windows 8 15.5 inch display (1366 x 768) 
Keyboard
LED Back lit 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarathal View Post
I'm also having trouble wiring my front panel. The manual says things like 'red wire, yellow, green' etc but none of the colours seem to match. Am I right in thinking the black wire is always negative?( - )
look in the manual, and it shoiuld show you a little diagram of the front panel header, and show where the different little plugs go, look on the front panel plugs and it says what they are. just match them up.
post #17 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasherht View Post
look in the manual, and it shoiuld show you a little diagram of the front panel header, and show where the different little plugs go, look on the front panel plugs and it says what they are. just match them up.
I understand that, if you re-read my post you'll realise I'm saying the colours stated in the manual and the actual colours don't match up.

Thanks anyway for trying to help.
My first build.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k i5 P67a-G45 HD4890 Corsair xms3 7-8-7-20 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
500gb WD SataIII Windows7 x64 42" LCD Zalman ZM500-HP 
Case
NXZT M59 
  hide details  
Reply
My first build.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k i5 P67a-G45 HD4890 Corsair xms3 7-8-7-20 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
500gb WD SataIII Windows7 x64 42" LCD Zalman ZM500-HP 
Case
NXZT M59 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarathal View Post
I understand that, if you re-read my post you'll realise I'm saying the colours stated in the manual and the actual colours don't match up.

Thanks anyway for trying to help.
if you notice, I said nothing about the colors. the coloring on the wire is just plastic, it doesn't make a difference, as long as the wires for the power switch are hooked up to the power switch spot. Get what im saying. pay no attention to the color of the wires, just hook them up according to where they are suppose to go.
post #19 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasherht View Post
if you notice, I said nothing about the colors. the coloring on the wire is just plastic, it doesn't make a difference, as long as the wires for the power switch are hooked up to the power switch spot. Get what im saying. pay no attention to the color of the wires, just hook them up according to where they are suppose to go.
Back to my post then, because the colours are off I'm unsure which are + and

Am I right in thinking that the black wires are always -?
My first build.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k i5 P67a-G45 HD4890 Corsair xms3 7-8-7-20 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
500gb WD SataIII Windows7 x64 42" LCD Zalman ZM500-HP 
Case
NXZT M59 
  hide details  
Reply
My first build.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k i5 P67a-G45 HD4890 Corsair xms3 7-8-7-20 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
500gb WD SataIII Windows7 x64 42" LCD Zalman ZM500-HP 
Case
NXZT M59 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarathal View Post
Back to my post then, because the colours are off I'm unsure which are + and

Am I right in thinking that the black wires are always -?
whenever you have two wires, the colored one is always postive, and the black or white wire is negative, if you have black and white then the black is negative.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Help overclocking 2500k i5