I got started with BFBC2 and I must say this game is amazing. I had tried it when it came out on 360 and I was a little disappointed because it felt laggy and unresponsive, which is not the case on PC. The single player is a little boring and does not represent the greatness of the multiplayer package.
Multiplayer: I must say the scale is of epic proportion and the gameplay with vehicles, choppers and 16vs16 is awesome. Graphically speaking, the game is one of the most impressive shooters around.
However I also have some issues that I'd like to discuss, I play mostly hardcore because I like it better than way (less health, more realistic).
1. Leveling-up is unfair: When you start, you are very disadvantaged compared to the veterans. For the assault class, you have no scopes on your guns and it takes forever to unlock them. For the recon, you don't have magnum ammo and it takes 2 body shot to kill even with the M95, even in hardcore. It is a little frustrating to be killed by the enemy in one shot while not being able to do it. For the engineer, all you have is the basic RPG which can't do much against choppers. Speaking of choppers, how do you take them down without having an AA gun? Any class effective against them?
2. Skill: People are good. I am not bad but people are insanely good. I must say I think I get kill more 50% of the time by headshots. Often, those guys kill me with their pistol with a single bullet. An Assault guy kills me at 150m in a single burst. I often hit them with 2 burst and still it's not a kill. I am wondering if aimbots are common of people just insane with their guns? I play only on PunkBuster servers.
3. Brightness and contrast: Is it me or it is very tough to find a settings that works for all maps, I have a Samsung 46" D630 in PC mode (no lag). I lowered the contrast to 30 to be able to see the enemies in the shadows. I cranked the brightness to 60 to compensate.
4. Mouse: I have a cheap mouse. Inland wireless for my HTPC. I play on the couch on the arm rest. I am quite comfortable. I placed the USB received with a good orientation to ensure no signal loss. How important is the mouse DPI? What would be an affordable wireless (8ft+) gaming mouse? What sensitivity should I use? Mouse acceleration?
5. Vsync: I like it on to remove tearing, what kind of lag are we talking about? Do you guys play without it?
I am looking forward to hearing from you.
2. People certainly do hack in BFBC2, I've seen it quite a bit. However, there are also a lot of people that understand the recoil patterns of some of the guns, and know how to count or time their shots required to kill a person.
Hardcore to me is better, not because it's realistic, but because it doesn't require 15 bullets to kill ONE person. Additionally, you don't get that stupid bright red triangle above your head that pretty much serves as a sort of wallhack for the opposing team just for pressing "Q" while looking in your general direction or throwing a motion sensor. Might as well not even have obstacles to hide behind if they can see that you're behind them...
Enjoy my frag video(s)