Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] GTX 580 Overclocking Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] GTX 580 Overclocking Club - Page 13

post #121 of 3582
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumsoil View Post
I have my 580 at 980/1940/2320 at 1.15v I just flashed a bios with 1.2v as max, I am going for 1ghz. I'll post some screenshots later.
Looking forward to it


Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth777 View Post
I am so very jealous of these oc's. My ref evga 580 does 950mhz core stable @ 1.163v, doesn't really scale well after that. However, I bet my temps are better than all of yours.
Bet´s on

What are your load/idle temps at 950MHZ with 1.16 V on your ref 580?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post
I hate all of you guys! Lol, just kidding.

I seem to be stuck at 930MHz @ +125mV in Heaven 2.5. I still have a few tricks up my sleeve but here are some preliminary benches to add to this thread:

Attachment 217320

Attachment 217321
You are overclocking a SLI configuration of Lightnings.
If you did it with just one you would definately reach higher scores.

But there is one stablization trick that helps most people who are running SLI and more to reach a little higher and get the OC of such a config more stable.
If you haven´t already read it I advised Moayad too to engage that method.

You need to plug in the 4pin Molex on your board around the PCI area to supply your PCI slots with additional power from the different rails of your power supply.
That will result in a major stress relieve of your 24 pin /other components linked to it and help stablize your SLI overclock

Look a page back I explained it with a picture^^
Project Rapture
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.7 GHZ Gigabyte X58-OC MSI GTX 580 Lightning @ 1GHZ 12 GB Kingston Hyper X @ 2200 MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD Corsair F40 DVD,DVR,Blue Ray Windows 7 Ultimae 64 bit Sony Bravia Full HD 42" 
PowerCaseMouse
Revolution +85 1050 Watt Little Devil V8 White Crysis Edition Microsoft 
  hide details  
Reply
Project Rapture
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.7 GHZ Gigabyte X58-OC MSI GTX 580 Lightning @ 1GHZ 12 GB Kingston Hyper X @ 2200 MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD Corsair F40 DVD,DVR,Blue Ray Windows 7 Ultimae 64 bit Sony Bravia Full HD 42" 
PowerCaseMouse
Revolution +85 1050 Watt Little Devil V8 White Crysis Edition Microsoft 
  hide details  
Reply
post #122 of 3582
Before this thread gets too painfully long, may I suggest a roster in the OP? One that shows user names, exact card, clocks and voltages....with a link to the user's post?
Junkyard
(18 items)
 
NAStradamous
(12 items)
 
HTPC01
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2320 @ 3.1GHz MSI B75MA-E33 HIS HD7970 3GB @ 1050 / 1700, 1.17v Patriot 2x4GB DDR3-1066 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial MX100 256GB WD Green 2TB DVDRW Corsair H50 Push / Pull 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
NZXT 120mm fans strapped to stock 7970 cooler Windows 10 Pro Dell 3007WFP Dell 2007FP 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 2007FP Cheap Toshiba (R.I.P. Ducky) PC Power & Cooling Silencer MKIII 950w Cheap Garbage (free) 
MouseAudio
Logitech G602 Yardsale Special 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3330 Asus H61 MSI GTX 750Ti Low Profile 2x4GB Hynix DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
60GB Kingston SSD 1TB Seagate Samsung DVDRW CoolerMaster Gemin II 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 + Steam Big Picture / Plex HT 50" Insignia LED 1080p Logitech Rosewill Green 530w 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Silverstone HTPC Logitech Pioneer 2.0 tower speakers + 135w RMS Rosewill MCE Remote 
  hide details  
Reply
Junkyard
(18 items)
 
NAStradamous
(12 items)
 
HTPC01
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2320 @ 3.1GHz MSI B75MA-E33 HIS HD7970 3GB @ 1050 / 1700, 1.17v Patriot 2x4GB DDR3-1066 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial MX100 256GB WD Green 2TB DVDRW Corsair H50 Push / Pull 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
NZXT 120mm fans strapped to stock 7970 cooler Windows 10 Pro Dell 3007WFP Dell 2007FP 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 2007FP Cheap Toshiba (R.I.P. Ducky) PC Power & Cooling Silencer MKIII 950w Cheap Garbage (free) 
MouseAudio
Logitech G602 Yardsale Special 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3330 Asus H61 MSI GTX 750Ti Low Profile 2x4GB Hynix DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
60GB Kingston SSD 1TB Seagate Samsung DVDRW CoolerMaster Gemin II 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 + Steam Big Picture / Plex HT 50" Insignia LED 1080p Logitech Rosewill Green 530w 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Silverstone HTPC Logitech Pioneer 2.0 tower speakers + 135w RMS Rosewill MCE Remote 
  hide details  
Reply
post #123 of 3582
Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneerisloud View Post
Before this thread gets too painfully long, may I suggest a roster in the OP? One that shows user names, exact card, clocks and voltages....with a link to the user's post?
That's a great idea. KungPow you up to it?
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #124 of 3582
Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneerisloud View Post
Before this thread gets too painfully long, may I suggest a roster in the OP? One that shows user names, exact card, clocks and voltages....with a link to the user's post?


http://www.overclock.net/13976185-post1.html

So I am working on the Hall of Fame in the OP .

All guys who have posted their results and maybe missed a value that prevents the full entry into the Hall please post them now^^

Most of you lack Idle/Load Temps , the voltage, memory clock or some benchmark screens hope you can post them so I can fully complete the list


Edit:List is updated to the last one I could find on the thread
If I maid a mistake, forgot somebody or other complaints please PM
Hall of Fame is completed so far in the OP
Edited by Kung Pow - 6/28/11 at 8:59am
Project Rapture
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.7 GHZ Gigabyte X58-OC MSI GTX 580 Lightning @ 1GHZ 12 GB Kingston Hyper X @ 2200 MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD Corsair F40 DVD,DVR,Blue Ray Windows 7 Ultimae 64 bit Sony Bravia Full HD 42" 
PowerCaseMouse
Revolution +85 1050 Watt Little Devil V8 White Crysis Edition Microsoft 
  hide details  
Reply
Project Rapture
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.7 GHZ Gigabyte X58-OC MSI GTX 580 Lightning @ 1GHZ 12 GB Kingston Hyper X @ 2200 MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD Corsair F40 DVD,DVR,Blue Ray Windows 7 Ultimae 64 bit Sony Bravia Full HD 42" 
PowerCaseMouse
Revolution +85 1050 Watt Little Devil V8 White Crysis Edition Microsoft 
  hide details  
Reply
post #125 of 3582
Hey guys, first post. I had been using Kombuster and had gotten very confusing, frustrating results, but thanks to this thread I know it was the cause of OCP. Also, in case anyone else stumbles onto this, I've got a 580 Lightning and the card has several dip switches that reviewers always bring up as a plus. However my card has little pieces of plastic keeping you from using the dip switches. This was pretty frustrating because I noticed my FPS dropping significantly after using Kombuster for a minute or two and I figured it was OCP. I would have gladly flipped dip switch on the lightning that turns off OCP if there weren't those plastic pieces attached. I called MSI and they refused to tell me how to take them off and in fact, told me that I would burn up the card if I used them. To which I responded, "So you're telling me that you designed switches on the card for the consumer to use however you won't allow us to use them?" and his response was to try and change the subject. Anyway after some investigating on forums I read someone spoke with an MSI rep and he said the switches have been found faulty and can damage the card even if you arent stressing the card (Not to include the LN2 switch.) So at the end of the day I'm glad I didn't flip anything. I've seen some of you lightning owners are afraid to overvolt the card....why is this? You all do realize that the lightning is totally under warrenty even after you overclock right? As long as you don't use the dip switches the card will be replaced if you damage it while overclocking with MSI afterburner!! NO RISK! Anyways attached are my overclocks, I kept the fan at 100% during overclocking and the memory was kept at stock as well. My cpu is also stock as you can see in my system description. Does anyone think an increase in CPU clocks will increase Heaven scores? The max I could reach without any mem or pll voltage increase was 970 on the core at +200mV. I will post again with the memory OC'd for comparison purposes. Enjoy!


My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 3.96ghz  GIGABYTE GA-X58-USB3 LGA 1366 Intel X58 USB 3.0 MSI GTX 580 Lightning Kingston HyperX 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
RAID 0 2x G.SKILL Phoenix Pro 120GB SSDs Win 7 Ultimate 1000W COOLER MASTER Silent Pro Gold Series HAF X 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 3.96ghz  GIGABYTE GA-X58-USB3 LGA 1366 Intel X58 USB 3.0 MSI GTX 580 Lightning Kingston HyperX 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
RAID 0 2x G.SKILL Phoenix Pro 120GB SSDs Win 7 Ultimate 1000W COOLER MASTER Silent Pro Gold Series HAF X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #126 of 3582
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Poppers View Post
Hey guys, first post. I had been using Kombuster and had gotten very confusing, frustrating results, but thanks to this thread I know it was the cause of OCP. Also, in case anyone else stumbles onto this, I've got a 580 Lightning and the card has several dip switches that reviewers always bring up as a plus. However my card has little pieces of plastic keeping you from using the dip switches. This was pretty frustrating because I noticed my FPS dropping significantly after using Kombuster for a minute or two and I figured it was OCP. I would have gladly flipped dip switch on the lightning that turns off OCP if there weren't those plastic pieces attached. I called MSI and they refused to tell me how to take them off and in fact, told me that I would burn up the card if I used them. To which I responded, "So you're telling me that you designed switches on the card for the consumer to use however you won't allow us to use them?" and his response was to try and change the subject. Anyway after some investigating on forums I read someone spoke with an MSI rep and he said the switches have been found faulty and can damage the card even if you arent stressing the card (Not to include the LN2 switch.) So at the end of the day I'm glad I didn't flip anything. I've seen some of you lightning owners are afraid to overvolt the card....why is this? You all do realize that the lightning is totally under warrenty even after you overclock right? As long as you don't use the dip switches the card will be replaced if you damage it while overclocking with MSI afterburner!! NO RISK! Anyways attached are my overclocks, I kept the fan at 100% during overclocking and the memory was kept at stock as well. My cpu is also stock as you can see in my system description. Does anyone think an increase in CPU clocks will increase Heaven scores? The max I could reach without any mem or pll voltage increase was 970 on the core at +200mV. I will post again with the memory OC'd for comparison purposes. Enjoy!
First I would like to welcome you to the club!

Secondly , I think you would be served best if you consulted MSIAlex regarding the "dip switch = loss of warranty" thing
He is a correspondant of MSI and will surely be able to help you out and advise you about this.

And lastly, if you haven´t got anything against it I would like to add you to the Hall of Fame in the first post?
You have achieved a great overclock!

I am very glad the thread´s outcome so far could assist you with your overclock and help you in general^^


Project Rapture
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.7 GHZ Gigabyte X58-OC MSI GTX 580 Lightning @ 1GHZ 12 GB Kingston Hyper X @ 2200 MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD Corsair F40 DVD,DVR,Blue Ray Windows 7 Ultimae 64 bit Sony Bravia Full HD 42" 
PowerCaseMouse
Revolution +85 1050 Watt Little Devil V8 White Crysis Edition Microsoft 
  hide details  
Reply
Project Rapture
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.7 GHZ Gigabyte X58-OC MSI GTX 580 Lightning @ 1GHZ 12 GB Kingston Hyper X @ 2200 MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD Corsair F40 DVD,DVR,Blue Ray Windows 7 Ultimae 64 bit Sony Bravia Full HD 42" 
PowerCaseMouse
Revolution +85 1050 Watt Little Devil V8 White Crysis Edition Microsoft 
  hide details  
Reply
post #127 of 3582
Kung Pow,
Absolutely, add me to the hall of fame! I like the sound of that! My idle temp was 33C and after the 970 run it was at 77C. If I can get any higher can I update my scores? Thanks for the welcome!
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 3.96ghz  GIGABYTE GA-X58-USB3 LGA 1366 Intel X58 USB 3.0 MSI GTX 580 Lightning Kingston HyperX 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
RAID 0 2x G.SKILL Phoenix Pro 120GB SSDs Win 7 Ultimate 1000W COOLER MASTER Silent Pro Gold Series HAF X 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 3.96ghz  GIGABYTE GA-X58-USB3 LGA 1366 Intel X58 USB 3.0 MSI GTX 580 Lightning Kingston HyperX 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
RAID 0 2x G.SKILL Phoenix Pro 120GB SSDs Win 7 Ultimate 1000W COOLER MASTER Silent Pro Gold Series HAF X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #128 of 3582
I decided to give it a go with 3dmark 11. right now just running the basic test to make sure the cpu is stable enough to complete the test. Since this is the first time I've ever used 3dmark 11, what settings should I use? It's very different from 3dmark Vantage.
post #129 of 3582
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmasherBasher View Post
I decided to give it a go with 3dmark 11. right now just running the basic test to make sure the cpu is stable enough to complete the test. Since this is the first time I've ever used 3dmark 11, what settings should I use? It's very different from 3dmark Vantage.
It was the same withe me.
I too was highly accustomed to 3dMark Vantage since I have been using my GTX 295 Quad SLI for a long time but 3DMark11 is just far more suitable to test such a supreme card like the GTX 580.

It applys better to the card since it is specified and modified especially for Fermi and AMD 6xxx.

Also use the Heaven Benchmark DirectX 11 that will also give you a good close up of the performance your card is pushing.

You can still use Vantage but it´s force of expression isn´t really potential regarding a GTX 580.

Be sure to post your overclock + voltage + Idle&Load temps also so I can add you to the Hall of Fame ..only if you want it though

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Poppers View Post
Kung Pow,
Absolutely, add me to the hall of fame! I like the sound of that! My idle temp was 33C and after the 970 run it was at 77C. If I can get any higher can I update my scores? Thanks for the welcome!
Yea no problem

If you get your clocks/scores any higher you just post them and I will edit your entry in the Hall of Fame

You can see it in the first post of the thread (OP).

I will make a little adjustment to it though ...the list will be sorted by the highest clocks first and the lowest last so we have a little order in there.

I am glad the thread helped you , keep on clocking
Project Rapture
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.7 GHZ Gigabyte X58-OC MSI GTX 580 Lightning @ 1GHZ 12 GB Kingston Hyper X @ 2200 MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD Corsair F40 DVD,DVR,Blue Ray Windows 7 Ultimae 64 bit Sony Bravia Full HD 42" 
PowerCaseMouse
Revolution +85 1050 Watt Little Devil V8 White Crysis Edition Microsoft 
  hide details  
Reply
Project Rapture
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.7 GHZ Gigabyte X58-OC MSI GTX 580 Lightning @ 1GHZ 12 GB Kingston Hyper X @ 2200 MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD Corsair F40 DVD,DVR,Blue Ray Windows 7 Ultimae 64 bit Sony Bravia Full HD 42" 
PowerCaseMouse
Revolution +85 1050 Watt Little Devil V8 White Crysis Edition Microsoft 
  hide details  
Reply
post #130 of 3582
Ugh, my cards are pissing me off today! This is the best I can do in 3dmark11 and Heaven 2.5 for now:





My top card idle temp is around 40C and load runs up to 80C. This is at 940MHz with +143mV. My Lightnings don't seem to be great overclockers.

Anybody got any ideas?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] GTX 580 Overclocking Club