Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] GTX 580 Overclocking Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] GTX 580 Overclocking Club - Page 249

post #2481 of 3582
Quote:
Originally Posted by aseabass View Post

What kind of frames are you averaging?

33 fps at those settings @ 950mhz.
post #2482 of 3582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Snake View Post

In my case i run Unigine Heaven 2.5 with this settings:
Api: Dx11
Stereo 3d: disabled
Shaders: high
Tessa: extreme
Aniso: 16
Antialias: 8
Full screen: checked
1920x1080
In those settings i get random purple/red/blue/green flashes from time to time if i push more than 950mhz on the core without applying more than 1.150v, for example i can do 980mhz with 1.188v with Unigine and don't get artifacts but as soon as i drop de voltage it start to artifact again and i don't want to push more than 1.150v so i leave my oc to 950mhz.
I can pass 3dmark and games benchmarks @ 970mhz with 1.150v but not Unigine as i think those flashes are clear signal of artifacts.
Btw i don't have any problem with BF3 maybe your problem is a driver thing or something else.

Yeah, I'm thinking it may be a driver thing. I run with all the settings you mentioned for hours with no issues. The clock resetting thing is odd... I guess we'll just keep my clock at 960 until the next set of drivers...
post #2483 of 3582
Hey Everyone.

I'm a proud new owner of a MSI GTX580 Lightning and I'm doing a little overclocking. thumb.gif

I think I've hit a wall of sorts and wanted to get some opinions here.

Out of the box my GPU is set at 1.006mv

I was able to bump up the core to 970mhz@1.081 (+75)
My temperatures are around 68 degress, but the fans aren't on full yet either.
If I bump up the voltage to 1,100, my scores in 3dmark/kombustor etc start to drop.

Have I hit the wall regardless of temps? I did a test and left the core at stock speeds but simply raised the voltage alone and I see the same degradation in scores. It seems like it will only take so many volts before bowing out.

I'm happy with 970. Just curious if any of those switches on the back would help.

Thanks all.
Weeee
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K ASUS P8P67 Deluxe MSI 580 GTX Lightning w/ Frozr III Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Crucial c300 SSD Noctua NH-U12P SE2 Windows 7 64 bit OCZ Z1000M 1000w 
Case
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Weeee
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K ASUS P8P67 Deluxe MSI 580 GTX Lightning w/ Frozr III Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Crucial c300 SSD Noctua NH-U12P SE2 Windows 7 64 bit OCZ Z1000M 1000w 
Case
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2484 of 3582
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlir View Post

Hey Everyone.
I'm a proud new owner of a MSI GTX580 Lightning and I'm doing a little overclocking. thumb.gif
I think I've hit a wall of sorts and wanted to get some opinions here.
Out of the box my GPU is set at 1.006mv
I was able to bump up the core to 970mhz@1.081 (+75)
My temperatures are around 68 degress, but the fans aren't on full yet either.
If I bump up the voltage to 1,100, my scores in 3dmark/kombustor etc start to drop.
Have I hit the wall regardless of temps? I did a test and left the core at stock speeds but simply raised the voltage alone and I see the same degradation in scores. It seems like it will only take so many volts before bowing out.
I'm happy with 970. Just curious if any of those switches on the back would help.
Thanks all.

First of all, *******************DO NOT FLIP THOSE SWITCHES***************

Those switches on the back control voltage for various things, and should only be switched if using LN2 or similar.

When you say +75, do you mean + .075v? So 1.081+.075= 1.156v


You're getting 970 @ 1.081? That's damn good. Holy....that's good.

As for temps, those seem high considering your voltage. I'm running 1.150v, 970, 2200 and I max out at 69 after long periods of benching.
vortEx
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K ASRock E4G3 MSI 580 TFIII Lightning XE  16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 256GB, 2x 1TB Samsung F3, Crucial M4... H100 Win7 Ultimate x64 Dell U2410, Dell 2209WA 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
DASPro S Seasonic X750 Corsair 650D G500 
Mouse PadAudio
SS Qck+ Toslink to DACMagic to RSA Protector/DT880 600'... 
  hide details  
Reply
vortEx
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K ASRock E4G3 MSI 580 TFIII Lightning XE  16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 256GB, 2x 1TB Samsung F3, Crucial M4... H100 Win7 Ultimate x64 Dell U2410, Dell 2209WA 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
DASPro S Seasonic X750 Corsair 650D G500 
Mouse PadAudio
SS Qck+ Toslink to DACMagic to RSA Protector/DT880 600'... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2485 of 3582
Quote:
Originally Posted by aseabass View Post

First of all, *******************DO NOT FLIP THOSE SWITCHES***************
Those switches on the back control voltage for various things, and should only be switched if using LN2 or similar.

When you say +75, do you mean + .075v? So 1.081+.075= 1.156v

You're getting 970 @ 1.081? That's damn good. Holy....that's good.
As for temps, those seem high considering your voltage. I'm running 1.150v, 970, 2200 and I max out at 69 after long periods of benching.

Heh I won't flip the switches =). Thanks for the heads up.
Ya I guess it's +.075 when I look at the real voltage outcome, but in Afterburner it reads +75 for some reason.
The stock voltage in 3d mode is 1.006, so ya it's 1.081.

I did an additional test after rereading my own post. I set the fans to 100% manually.
I creeped up the voltage to +0.87 and 3dMark runs stable so far 980@1.093. Temps never went above 68.

I can't hit 990 at that voltage, and After burner will only let me bump it up to 1.099 at which point, scores drop off by 1000 in 3dmark.
I guess this is the wall? The added fans seem to help so maybe it is thermal?

The 3DMark score was P7946
Weeee
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K ASUS P8P67 Deluxe MSI 580 GTX Lightning w/ Frozr III Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Crucial c300 SSD Noctua NH-U12P SE2 Windows 7 64 bit OCZ Z1000M 1000w 
Case
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Weeee
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K ASUS P8P67 Deluxe MSI 580 GTX Lightning w/ Frozr III Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Crucial c300 SSD Noctua NH-U12P SE2 Windows 7 64 bit OCZ Z1000M 1000w 
Case
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2486 of 3582
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlir View Post

Heh I won't flip the switches =). Thanks for the heads up.
Ya I guess it's +.075 when I look at the real voltage outcome, but in Afterburner it reads +75 for some reason.
The stock voltage in 3d mode is 1.006, so ya it's 1.081.
I did an additional test after rereading my own post. I set the fans to 100% manually.
I creeped up the voltage to +0.87 and 3dMark runs stable so far 980@1.093. Temps never went above 68.
I can't hit 990 at that voltage, and After burner will only let me bump it up to 1.099 at which point, scores drop off by 1000 in 3dmark.
I guess this is the wall? The added fans seem to help so maybe it is thermal?
The 3DMark score was P7946

There should be a setting under settings that allows for voltage modification. You should be able to go up to 1.150?
vortEx
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K ASRock E4G3 MSI 580 TFIII Lightning XE  16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 256GB, 2x 1TB Samsung F3, Crucial M4... H100 Win7 Ultimate x64 Dell U2410, Dell 2209WA 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
DASPro S Seasonic X750 Corsair 650D G500 
Mouse PadAudio
SS Qck+ Toslink to DACMagic to RSA Protector/DT880 600'... 
  hide details  
Reply
vortEx
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K ASRock E4G3 MSI 580 TFIII Lightning XE  16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 256GB, 2x 1TB Samsung F3, Crucial M4... H100 Win7 Ultimate x64 Dell U2410, Dell 2209WA 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
DASPro S Seasonic X750 Corsair 650D G500 
Mouse PadAudio
SS Qck+ Toslink to DACMagic to RSA Protector/DT880 600'... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2487 of 3582
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlir View Post

Heh I won't flip the switches =). Thanks for the heads up.
Ya I guess it's +.075 when I look at the real voltage outcome, but in Afterburner it reads +75 for some reason.
The stock voltage in 3d mode is 1.006, so ya it's 1.081.
I did an additional test after rereading my own post. I set the fans to 100% manually.
I creeped up the voltage to +0.87 and 3dMark runs stable so far 980@1.093. Temps never went above 68.
I can't hit 990 at that voltage, and After burner will only let me bump it up to 1.099 at which point, scores drop off by 1000 in 3dmark.
I guess this is the wall? The added fans seem to help so maybe it is thermal?
The 3DMark score was P7946

Wow nice Score, i may have something really wrong, this is my score O.O

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/2339160?resultType=3dm11&resultId=2339160
post #2488 of 3582
Quote:
Originally Posted by aseabass View Post

There should be a setting under settings that allows for voltage modification. You should be able to go up to 1.150?

Ya sorry to be more clear, it won't let me go up in smaller increments. The next step up in voltage after +.087 is 0.093. As soon as I jump up to that, the scores drop by 1000 and 990Mhz isn't stable at +0.087... pretty dramatic for .006! lol but I guess I'm stuck here. This card just doesn't like to go anywhere near 1.100mv I guess! biggrin.gif

I was able to bump the memory to 2250 so far on stock voltage. Gained some points up to P7972
Weeee
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K ASUS P8P67 Deluxe MSI 580 GTX Lightning w/ Frozr III Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Crucial c300 SSD Noctua NH-U12P SE2 Windows 7 64 bit OCZ Z1000M 1000w 
Case
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Weeee
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K ASUS P8P67 Deluxe MSI 580 GTX Lightning w/ Frozr III Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Crucial c300 SSD Noctua NH-U12P SE2 Windows 7 64 bit OCZ Z1000M 1000w 
Case
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2489 of 3582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Snake View Post

Wow nice Score, i may have something really wrong, this is my score O.O
http://3dmark.com/3dm11/2339160?resultType=3dm11&resultId=2339160

Weird. Look at your physics score too. It's a good 3000 more than mine!! I wonder what's up with that?

Does your i7 vs my i5 change anything? I'm not sure?
Edited by redlir - 12/12/11 at 8:38pm
Weeee
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K ASUS P8P67 Deluxe MSI 580 GTX Lightning w/ Frozr III Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Crucial c300 SSD Noctua NH-U12P SE2 Windows 7 64 bit OCZ Z1000M 1000w 
Case
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Weeee
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K ASUS P8P67 Deluxe MSI 580 GTX Lightning w/ Frozr III Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Crucial c300 SSD Noctua NH-U12P SE2 Windows 7 64 bit OCZ Z1000M 1000w 
Case
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2490 of 3582
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlir View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Snake View Post

Wow nice Score, i may have something really wrong, this is my score O.O
http://3dmark.com/3dm11/2339160?resultType=3dm11&resultId=2339160

Weird. Look at your physics score too. It's a good 3000 more than mine!! I wonder what's up with that?

Does your i7 vs my i5 change anything? I'm not sure?

Lol it's weird but i think i have higher physics score because of HT being enable in my 2600k.

But i don't know why i have low overall score tongue.gif

Anyway i was just finishing testing my card @970mhz with Evga Ocscanner 1.6 that i found... and i was stable for 40 mins then i get bored and quit, i think i'm going to stick with 970mhz even when it artifact with some weird lights on Uningine, all my games run just fine -.- so Unigine can go to hell tongue.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] GTX 580 Overclocking Club