Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › **The Official Intel Core i5-2500K/i5-2550k/i7-2600K/i7-2700K Owners Club**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**The Official Intel Core i5-2500K/i5-2550k/i7-2600K/i7-2700K Owners Club** - Page 103

post #1021 of 2003
Count Meh In! biggrin.gif


http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2305000
post #1022 of 2003
Hey All,
Glad to join the i7 2700k club, here is 2 screenshots, 1 from 5Ghz oc with 8 hour stable prime 95, and one that i actually remembered to include my oc nickname in...
If you like, check serial #s on ram in cpuz for verification - both shots same #s but only 1 shot has nickname frown.gif

oc shot
336

Nickname shot
334

Is this good enough?
Noobster
post #1023 of 2003
Looking into an i7 2700K / Z68 set up.

Family and I are hard core gamers (well mostly me, they console too). One teen starting to do some entry level graphic design / photography in a couple of years.

The i7 2700K CPU is $339.99 with Z68 PCIe 3.0 mobo for $189.99.

Before I make this investment for a second rig I'm building I have a few questions I hope this club can help me address.

1. How does this compare to an i7 3820 / X79 set up? Another $100 for the mother board and bascially I can go with that set up. Even though money is tight at current set up I'm thinking about, would hate to cut myself short in hindsight.

2. I've heard about a Sandy Bridge cold boot problem. A. Is this true? B. What does it do? C. Can it be resolved?

3. Ivy Bridge coming out soon. A. Anyone know what the pricing for the equivelant CPU performance will be to the i7 2700 CPU and would it be a performance gain? B. What mother board would I have to get to go for an Ivy Bridge set up? C. How much does the mother boards run.

Bascially my choice would have to get it done for the next four to five years. If the Sandy Bridge i7 2700K set up would do it and not short myself I'm all for it. I'm about to take this plunge here very shortly by next week, unless waiting for Ivy is the way to go. Got parts on a wish list on Newegg I'm ready to pull the trigger on need some real advice.

I'm more of a yearly Graphic Card Aficionado upgrader and the CPU upgrades are much further in between.
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #1024 of 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post

3. Ivy Bridge coming out soon. A. Anyone know what the pricing for the equivelant CPU performance will be to the i7 2700 CPU and would it be a performance gain? B. What mother board would I have to get to go for an Ivy Bridge set up? C. How much does the mother boards run.

The pricing will be the same, at least according to rumours. It's only a die shrink so unless you're using the IGP you shouldn't see much performance gains but the Ivy thanks to it's less power draw and lower temperatures should be a better overclocker. About the motherboard, current generation P67 and Z68 motherboards will support Ivy, just make sure you get the Gen 3 ones. I'm not sure about the pricing on the new motherboards with Z77 chipset though. But current gen ones will support Ivy so what I say is if you're going for the Z68 route, get yourself a cheap i3 to wait for the Ivy because they will be priced similarly as far as rumours go but you still get some form of performance gains.
Need a doctor??
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5-3570k Asus P8P67 Pro Asus GeForce GTX 460 Palit GeForce 9500GT 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX 2x2GB DDR3 1600 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 Samsung SH-S223C Cooler Master Hyper 212X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 LG E2350T SteelSeries 7G FSP Aurum Gold 600W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
X5 Raynor Tower G1 Razer Abyssus Razer Sphex Audio-Technica ATH-M50 
Audio
Edifier M3300SF 
  hide details  
Reply
Need a doctor??
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5-3570k Asus P8P67 Pro Asus GeForce GTX 460 Palit GeForce 9500GT 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX 2x2GB DDR3 1600 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 Samsung SH-S223C Cooler Master Hyper 212X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 LG E2350T SteelSeries 7G FSP Aurum Gold 600W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
X5 Raynor Tower G1 Razer Abyssus Razer Sphex Audio-Technica ATH-M50 
Audio
Edifier M3300SF 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1025 of 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post

Looking into an i7 2700K / Z68 set up.
Family and I are hard core gamers (well mostly me, they console too). One teen starting to do some entry level graphic design / photography in a couple of years.
The i7 2700K CPU is $339.99 with Z68 PCIe 3.0 mobo for $189.99.
Before I make this investment for a second rig I'm building I have a few questions I hope this club can help me address.
1. How does this compare to an i7 3820 / X79 set up? Another $100 for the mother board and bascially I can go with that set up. Even though money is tight at current set up I'm thinking about, would hate to cut myself short in hindsight.
2. I've heard about a Sandy Bridge cold boot problem. A. Is this true? B. What does it do? C. Can it be resolved?
3. Ivy Bridge coming out soon. A. Anyone know what the pricing for the equivelant CPU performance will be to the i7 2700 CPU and would it be a performance gain? B. What mother board would I have to get to go for an Ivy Bridge set up? C. How much does the mother boards run.
Bascially my choice would have to get it done for the next four to five years. If the Sandy Bridge i7 2700K set up would do it and not short myself I'm all for it. I'm about to take this plunge here very shortly by next week, unless waiting for Ivy is the way to go. Got parts on a wish list on Newegg I'm ready to pull the trigger on need some real advice.
I'm more of a yearly Graphic Card Aficionado upgrader and the CPU upgrades are much further in between.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wongwarren View Post

The pricing will be the same, at least according to rumours. It's only a die shrink so unless you're using the IGP you shouldn't see much performance gains but the Ivy thanks to it's less power draw and lower temperatures should be a better overclocker. About the motherboard, current generation P67 and Z68 motherboards will support Ivy, just make sure you get the Gen 3 ones. I'm not sure about the pricing on the new motherboards with Z77 chipset though. But current gen ones will support Ivy so what I say is if you're going for the Z68 route, get yourself a cheap i3 to wait for the Ivy because they will be priced similarly as far as rumours go but you still get some form of performance gains.

Did I read correct about IVY being pushed back until Q1 2013 in a news release?
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #1026 of 2003
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post

Did I read correct about IVY being pushed back until Q1 2013 in a news release?

You should find all the info about Ivy here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1137173/sandy-bridge-e-and-ivy-bridge-discussion-news-thread
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1027 of 2003
Lets not forget with a die-shrink, higher voltages become volatile. Also, with the new igp taking more power, a higher voltage and most likely a higher frequency oit will in turn further hinder the overclocking ability. you should see a performance increase of 10-15% with most ivy bridge processors over sandy bridge. Clock for clock id expect them to be about the same. And price wise? at first it wil be higer due to supply limits so expect about a 10% inflation...in retrospect thats somewhere between 244.49-269.97 for a 2500k-ivy bridge equivalent.
post #1028 of 2003
Can ya add me to the list:
222im.jpg


This is what I run 24/7, not my sig rigs 5Ghz.
Edited by Alex132 - 3/25/12 at 10:27am
Yuki
(20 items)
 
Illya
(20 items)
 
Neptunia
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K 5Ghz ASUS P8P67 Pro EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 G.Skill RipJaws X 2133Mhz 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
240GB Corsair Neutron GTX RAID0 Samsung 850 Evo 1TB WD Red 8TB Corsair H115i GTX 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK Vardar fans Windows 10 Dell u2713hm Apple Cinema Display 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow 2013 CoolerMaster V1000 Corsair 760T Artic White Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
CoolerMaster Swift-RX XL ASUS Xonar DX Schiit Magni Sennheiser HD650 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 Skylake-E X190 Nvidia Titan Volta 32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 512GB Samsung 850 Evo 1TB 8TB WD Red Corsair H115i GTX 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK Vardar fans Windows 10 Dell u2713hm Apple Cinema Display 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine CoolerMaster V1000 Corsair 760T Artic White Logitech G502 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
CoolerMaster Swift-RX XL Asus Xonar DX Schiit Magni Sennhesier HD650 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600 3.3Ghz Asus Z170M Pro AMD RX460 G.Skill 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 850 M.2 256GB Windows 10 Dell S2817Q 4K Ducky Shine 3 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster Vanguard 450W BitFenix Phenom Logitech G700S CoolerMaster Swift-RX 
  hide details  
Reply
Yuki
(20 items)
 
Illya
(20 items)
 
Neptunia
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K 5Ghz ASUS P8P67 Pro EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 G.Skill RipJaws X 2133Mhz 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
240GB Corsair Neutron GTX RAID0 Samsung 850 Evo 1TB WD Red 8TB Corsair H115i GTX 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK Vardar fans Windows 10 Dell u2713hm Apple Cinema Display 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow 2013 CoolerMaster V1000 Corsair 760T Artic White Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
CoolerMaster Swift-RX XL ASUS Xonar DX Schiit Magni Sennheiser HD650 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 Skylake-E X190 Nvidia Titan Volta 32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 512GB Samsung 850 Evo 1TB 8TB WD Red Corsair H115i GTX 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
EK Vardar fans Windows 10 Dell u2713hm Apple Cinema Display 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine CoolerMaster V1000 Corsair 760T Artic White Logitech G502 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
CoolerMaster Swift-RX XL Asus Xonar DX Schiit Magni Sennhesier HD650 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600 3.3Ghz Asus Z170M Pro AMD RX460 G.Skill 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 850 M.2 256GB Windows 10 Dell S2817Q 4K Ducky Shine 3 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster Vanguard 450W BitFenix Phenom Logitech G700S CoolerMaster Swift-RX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1029 of 2003
I'm looking at two boards atm.

ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/GEN3

ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3

Both GEN 3 - so they should be IVY ready. Both have PCIe 3.0 slots. What is the difference I'm missing? Wanting the best quality. Any suggestions on these two boards?

Also did I misunderstand something, isn't the i7 2700 CPU PCIe 3.0 capable? I read on another thread SandyBridge is not PCIe 3.0 enabled.
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #1030 of 2003
deleted - double post really sorry.
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › **The Official Intel Core i5-2500K/i5-2550k/i7-2600K/i7-2700K Owners Club**