Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › **The Official Intel Core i5-2500K/i5-2550k/i7-2600K/i7-2700K Owners Club**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**The Official Intel Core i5-2500K/i5-2550k/i7-2600K/i7-2700K Owners Club** - Page 181

post #1801 of 2002
but you also think it makes no sense or difference or reason to stress test an overclock. whatever...
once again done responding to you.
w00t
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
ph2 x20be asus m4a785-m sapphire vapor-x 4850  geil black dragon 1066 5-5-5-15-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
wd  asus dvd multi-write arctic cooling freezer 64 pro win 7 ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 42" lcd logitech wireless antec basic 500watt old dell crap 
MouseAudio
logitech wireless pioneer 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
w00t
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
ph2 x20be asus m4a785-m sapphire vapor-x 4850  geil black dragon 1066 5-5-5-15-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
wd  asus dvd multi-write arctic cooling freezer 64 pro win 7 ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 42" lcd logitech wireless antec basic 500watt old dell crap 
MouseAudio
logitech wireless pioneer 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1802 of 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule928 View Post

I have no doubt that diminishing returns occurs. But I would also think that for practically all circumstances relating to a PC, more air equals better temps.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1309645/bundymania-user-review-triple-radiator-360-roundup-with-22-rads
The difference between 1200 and 1500 RPM in most test is 0.3 degrees.
That is with an i7 920 @4.2Ghz @1.42V. I have owned this CPU, and it runs really hot even at the normal clock.
At 65CFM, this system is close to flat-lining.
post #1803 of 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by pc-illiterate View Post

but you also think it makes no sense or difference or reason to stress test an overclock. whatever...
once again done responding to you.

I don't just think it, I know it to be factual based on testing. Just as I know that Asus settings are largely meaningless on a Gigabyte board.
Edited by Mule928 - 10/11/14 at 9:59am
Beast II
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K @5.007 GIGABYTE Z68X-UD5 XFX ATI Radeon 5670 MUSHKIN REDLINE 996997@2226Mhz 9-11-10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SEAGATE ST95005620 THERMALRIGHT SILVER ARROW Win 8 64 Pro LG 50" Plasma 
PowerCaseMouse
Kingwin Laser 850 Azza HURRICAN MS Trackball 
  hide details  
Reply
Beast II
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K @5.007 GIGABYTE Z68X-UD5 XFX ATI Radeon 5670 MUSHKIN REDLINE 996997@2226Mhz 9-11-10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SEAGATE ST95005620 THERMALRIGHT SILVER ARROW Win 8 64 Pro LG 50" Plasma 
PowerCaseMouse
Kingwin Laser 850 Azza HURRICAN MS Trackball 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1804 of 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Cool View Post

http://www.overclock.net/t/1309645/bundymania-user-review-triple-radiator-360-roundup-with-22-rads
The difference between 1200 and 1500 RPM in most test is 0.3 degrees.
That is with an i7 920 @4.2Ghz @1.42V. I have owned this CPU, and it runs really hot even at the normal clock.
At 65CFM, this system is close to flat-lining.

I'm thinking that the number of folks with 360mm, $500 cooling systems is fairly small, even here. I also think that the difference between 1200 rpms & 1500 rpms produces a fairly slight difference in air volume. But the difference between 2 60ish cfm TY141's and 3 130 cfm TY143's on a Silver Arrpw will produce more than a .3 degree difference. In fact, I guarantee it.

Edited by Mule928 - 10/9/14 at 8:07pm
Beast II
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K @5.007 GIGABYTE Z68X-UD5 XFX ATI Radeon 5670 MUSHKIN REDLINE 996997@2226Mhz 9-11-10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SEAGATE ST95005620 THERMALRIGHT SILVER ARROW Win 8 64 Pro LG 50" Plasma 
PowerCaseMouse
Kingwin Laser 850 Azza HURRICAN MS Trackball 
  hide details  
Reply
Beast II
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K @5.007 GIGABYTE Z68X-UD5 XFX ATI Radeon 5670 MUSHKIN REDLINE 996997@2226Mhz 9-11-10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SEAGATE ST95005620 THERMALRIGHT SILVER ARROW Win 8 64 Pro LG 50" Plasma 
PowerCaseMouse
Kingwin Laser 850 Azza HURRICAN MS Trackball 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1805 of 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule928 View Post

I'm thinking that the number of folks with 360mm, $500 cooling systems is fairly small, even here. I also think that the difference between 1200 rpms & 1500 rpms produces a fairly slight difference in air volume. But the difference between 2 60ish cfm TY141's and 3 130 cfm TY143's on a Silver Arrpw will produce more than a .3 degree difference. In fact, I guarantee it.
I also guarantee it. But lets not stop there. You will see little to no CPU temperature difference between a 130 CFM and a 250CFM fan.

The difference between 600 and 800 is about 1.4 degrees
The difference between 800 and 1200 is about 1.1 degrees
The difference between 1200 and 1500 is about 0.3 degrees
Do you see the curve.
You will see a similar curve on any cooler fan speed to CPU temperature graph.
I chose the high end coolers because that a review is a great example of what we are discussing.
An air cooler or any lower end system is less efficient, therefore the differences will be more extreme.
But, If you put a 150 CFM fan on any cooler and graph different fan speed and the resulting CPU temperature,
you will see a performance flat-line at the faster fan speeds.
Edited by Luke Cool - 10/18/14 at 1:03pm
post #1806 of 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Cool View Post

I also guarantee it. But lets not stop there. You will see little to no CPU temperature difference between a 130 CFM and a 250CFM fan.

The difference between 600 and 800 is about 1.4 degrees
The difference between 800 and 1200 is about 1.1 degrees
The difference between 1200 and 1500 is about 0.3 degrees
Do you see the curve.
You will see a similar curve on any cooler fan speed to CPU temperature graph.
I chose the high end coolers because that a review is a great example of what we are discussing.
An air cooler or any lower end system is less efficient, therefore the differences will be more extreme.
But, If you put a 150 CFM fan on any cooler and graph different fan speed and the resulting CPU temperature,
you will see a flat-line at the faster fan speeds.

I don't see any mention of rpm on the chat I posted. BUT for comparison purposes, rpm is not a good measurement. Air volume & pressure are much better.
Beast II
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K @5.007 GIGABYTE Z68X-UD5 XFX ATI Radeon 5670 MUSHKIN REDLINE 996997@2226Mhz 9-11-10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SEAGATE ST95005620 THERMALRIGHT SILVER ARROW Win 8 64 Pro LG 50" Plasma 
PowerCaseMouse
Kingwin Laser 850 Azza HURRICAN MS Trackball 
  hide details  
Reply
Beast II
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K @5.007 GIGABYTE Z68X-UD5 XFX ATI Radeon 5670 MUSHKIN REDLINE 996997@2226Mhz 9-11-10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SEAGATE ST95005620 THERMALRIGHT SILVER ARROW Win 8 64 Pro LG 50" Plasma 
PowerCaseMouse
Kingwin Laser 850 Azza HURRICAN MS Trackball 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1807 of 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule928 View Post

I don't see any mention of rpm on the chat I posted. BUT for comparison purposes, rpm is not a good measurement. Air volume & pressure are much better.

Specifically,
Air volume through the radiator is the best way to compare performance between fans,
but that is not what he did !
He compared the same fan on different radiators.
RPM is a good measurement in this scenario.

"more air equals better temps" Is like saying "the more gas you give it , the faster the car will go".
It's true to some extent.
Edited by Luke Cool - 10/18/14 at 4:31pm
post #1808 of 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Cool View Post

Specifically, Air volume through the radiator is the best way to compare fans, but that is not what he did !
He compared the same fan on different radiators. RPM is a good measurement in this scenario.

"more air equals better temps" Is like saying "the more gas you give it , the faster the car will go.

More air WILL, in virtually all situations, equal better temps. RPMs are, as I said, are a poor measure.
Beast II
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K @5.007 GIGABYTE Z68X-UD5 XFX ATI Radeon 5670 MUSHKIN REDLINE 996997@2226Mhz 9-11-10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SEAGATE ST95005620 THERMALRIGHT SILVER ARROW Win 8 64 Pro LG 50" Plasma 
PowerCaseMouse
Kingwin Laser 850 Azza HURRICAN MS Trackball 
  hide details  
Reply
Beast II
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K @5.007 GIGABYTE Z68X-UD5 XFX ATI Radeon 5670 MUSHKIN REDLINE 996997@2226Mhz 9-11-10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SEAGATE ST95005620 THERMALRIGHT SILVER ARROW Win 8 64 Pro LG 50" Plasma 
PowerCaseMouse
Kingwin Laser 850 Azza HURRICAN MS Trackball 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1809 of 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule928 View Post

More air WILL, in virtually all situations, equal better temps. RPMs are, as I said, are a poor measure.

You are entitled to your opinion.
You should remake this review and show us that you are better then someone that has done it for a living for a while.
I, personally thought he did a great job, but I am truly looking forward to you proving that you measurements are better and more relevant than his. Words have little weight without facts and real world examples to back them. Time for words has finished; if you want to show us that this is more than just "your opinion", this is your opportunity to prove your point.
Edited by Luke Cool - 10/18/14 at 4:55pm
post #1810 of 2002
This should clear this up http://martinsliquidlab.org/2012/05/01/alphacool-nexxxos-st30-360-radiator/4/
comparison o different fan speed on 360mm rad, and the heat that can be dissipated with it at given speeds, and i would say differences are pretty dramatic
gaming rig
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @5.0 ht on Asrock P67 Extreme6 NVIDIA GTX 970 4gB corsair vengeance pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
samsung 840evo seagate sshd none custom loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
windows 10 LG D2342 useles bequiet powerzone 650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
aerocool strike x open air razer swtor gaming mouse something i took from internet caffe :d 2.1 sound system 
Audio
5,1 usb headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
gaming rig
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @5.0 ht on Asrock P67 Extreme6 NVIDIA GTX 970 4gB corsair vengeance pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
samsung 840evo seagate sshd none custom loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
windows 10 LG D2342 useles bequiet powerzone 650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
aerocool strike x open air razer swtor gaming mouse something i took from internet caffe :d 2.1 sound system 
Audio
5,1 usb headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › **The Official Intel Core i5-2500K/i5-2550k/i7-2600K/i7-2700K Owners Club**