Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Networking & Security › Portforwarding on an SBG6580
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Portforwarding on an SBG6580

post #1 of 32
Thread Starter 
Portforwarding does not work at all for me... I'm trying to make a Minecraft Server, which requires the port 25565 to be open. I have done everything I can to try to make the port forwarding work. I have restarted my computer EXACTLY 12 times, restarted the router EXACTLY 12 times as well, and reset the router to default settings EXACTLY 5 times. Yes, I counted. My OS was also just freshly installed, with no security updates at all installed.

I have done these as well:
HtYNy.png
pWVpB.png
OZDHG.png
I also do not have any kind of antivirus program on my computer.
6FaqH.png
UjsbE.png
hWJ8S.png
nDU4U.png

All that to get this:
7Ucw6.png

And if you wonder...
1366966784.png
Edited by dragx55 - 7/1/11 at 1:31pm
post #2 of 32
Slow down sir.
From the top what have you done already?
Did you assign a static ip?
Did you open up the port in the firewall? Doesn't matter if the firewall is off. You must add the port.
Did you go into the routers config page and set the port forwarding there?
post #3 of 32
Thread Starter 
Can you please just look at the pictures? I thought they spoke louder than words.
But if you deem it so necessary:
Yes, I assigned a static ip. There's a picture for that.
Yes, I opened up the opened the port in the firewall. I guess I'll have to provide a picture for that.
Yes, I went into the routers config page. There's a picture for that.
post #4 of 32
Thread Starter 
Can someone help me with my problem?
post #5 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragx55;14074268 
Can you please just look at the pictures? I thought they spoke louder than words.
But if you deem it so necessary:
Yes, I assigned a static ip. There's a picture for that.
Yes, I opened up the opened the port in the firewall. I guess I'll have to provide a picture for that.
Yes, I went into the routers config page. There's a picture for that.

sorry I was on the phone back then. Images was of and the bloody stupid browser doesn't show any sign of a image

Your firewall is off. Did you open up a port in your firewall? Did you config the router by logging into it and set it up there?

edit: Tell me. Why did you enter the settings at the filtering? Forwarding is empty nothing configged.
Edited by Spooony - 7/1/11 at 6:03pm
post #6 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooony;14076526 
sorry I was on the phone back then. Images was of and the bloody stupid browser doesn't show any sign of a image

Your firewall is off. Did you open up a port in your firewall? Did you config the router by logging into it and set it up there?

edit: Tell me. Why did you enter the settings at the filtering? Forwarding is empty nothing configged.
Yes, I opened port the port in my firewall. Yes, I logged into the router and port forwarded the ports there. And, actually, I didn't enter the settings at the filtering. The image clearly shows that I entered it at "Forwarding", and not "Filtering".

Since I guess you can't see the pictures:
-My Local IP Address is 192.168.0.24 and is Static.
-I have the portforwarded the port under "Forwarding" page. Local IP Address set as 192.168.0.24, Start and End Port both set to 25565, Protocol set to both, and the enabling box is checked.
-I have the port forwarded in my firewall, though when the firewall is on, the port is still blocked.
-Both my home/private network and public network firewalls are turned completely off.
-I am the only user and is administrator of this computer.
-User account control is turned completely off.
-My OS is 32-Bit Windows 7 Ultimate.
post #7 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragx55;14076762 
Yes, I opened port the port in my firewall. Yes, I logged into the router and port forwarded the ports there. And, actually, I didn't enter the settings at the filtering. The image clearly shows that I entered it at "Forwarding", and not "Filtering".

Since I guess you can't see the pictures:
-My Local IP Address is 192.168.0.24 and is Static.
-I have the portforwarded the port under "Forwarding" page. Local IP Address set as 192.168.0.24, Start and End Port both set to 25565, Protocol set to both, and the enabling box is checked.
-I have the port forwarded in my firewall, though when the firewall is on, the port is still blocked.
-Both my home/private network and public network firewalls are turned completely off.
-I am the only user and is administrator of this computer.
-User account control is turned completely off.
-My OS is 32-Bit Windows 7 Ultimate.

the image shows
Filtering
XXX.XXX.xxx

Forwarding
Empty

That's what I see

Log into your router

Click the Advanced link near the top of the page.
The menu on the left. There should be a menu called Forwarding .

Lol nevermind top left hand corner of the pic I see it now.

Can you do a Ipconfig /all and post it here.
Just XXX out your mac addy

Download this
http://portforward.com/store/Portforward-Setup-Static-IP-Address.exe

setup your static with the help of it
Edited by Spooony - 7/1/11 at 6:54pm
post #8 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooony;14076852 
the image shows
Filtering
XXX.XXX.xxx

Forwarding
Empty

That's what I see

Log into your router

Click the Advanced link near the top of the page.
The menu on the left. There should be a menu called Forwarding .

Lol nevermind top left hand corner of the pic I see it now.

Can you do a Ipconfig /all and post it here.
Just XXX out your mac addy

Download this
http://portforward.com/store/Portforward-Setup-Static-IP-Address.exe

setup your static with the help of it
My IP is already static. Also, that program doesn't seem to be working as it
only shows the network adapter for my VirtualBox.
244qz9d.png

I don't know if you can easily see the images now but I've switched the image hosting service I've been using from imgur to tinypic.

Ipconfig/all:
Code:
C:\Windows\system32>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

   Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Chy-PC
   Primary Dns Suffix  . . . . . . . :
   Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
   IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
   WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) Family PCI-E
 Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20)
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : blah
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::bd38:2c4:796a:59a7%11(Preferred)
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.24(Preferred)
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
   DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 234888844
   DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-15-55-2C-C1-00-1E-8C-36-10-08

   DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 208.67.222.222
                                       208.67.220.220
   NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Ethernet adapter VirtualBox Host-Only Network:

   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : blah blah
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::edeb:3e9f:7074:83e9%19(Preferred)
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.56.1(Preferred)
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
   DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 419954727
   DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-15-55-2C-C1-00-1E-8C-36-10-08

   DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1
                                       fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1
                                       fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1
   NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.{10E64883-8771-403B-BEDA-B2DF2544F0CF}:

   Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 11:

   Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Tunnel adapter isatap.{1E9447FB-7367-418E-9470-CA300862A3A2}:

   Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #3
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

C:\Windows\system32>
post #9 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragx55;14081787 
My IP is already static. Also, that program doesn't seem to be working as it
only shows the network adapter for my VirtualBox.
244qz9d.png

I don't know if you can easily see the images now but I've switched the image hosting service I've been using from imgur to tinypic.

Ipconfig/all:
Code:
C:\Windows\system32>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

   Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Chy-PC
   Primary Dns Suffix  . . . . . . . :
   Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
   IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
   WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) Family PCI-E
 Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20)
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : blah
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::bd38:2c4:796a:59a7%11(Preferred)
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.24(Preferred)
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
   DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 234888844
   DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-15-55-2C-C1-00-1E-8C-36-10-08

   DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 208.67.222.222
                                       208.67.220.220
   NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Ethernet adapter VirtualBox Host-Only Network:

   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : blah blah
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::edeb:3e9f:7074:83e9%19(Preferred)
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.56.1(Preferred)
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
   DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 419954727
   DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-15-55-2C-C1-00-1E-8C-36-10-08

   DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1
                                       fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1
                                       fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1
   NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.{10E64883-8771-403B-BEDA-B2DF2544F0CF}:

   Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 11:

   Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Tunnel adapter isatap.{1E9447FB-7367-418E-9470-CA300862A3A2}:

   Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #3
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

C:\Windows\system32>

because you are running host only. Did you do that from inside your vm or your pc?
I'm not familiar with virtual box as I use vmware normally but if you run it host only there will be no network. If your running everything fro, the host pc and the guest is not active try to disable the adapter or give it another ip. It network settings there should be another virtual adapter for it. If you right click properties then TC/IP like on a normal adapter you can set its ip
Edited by Spooony - 7/2/11 at 3:02pm
post #10 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooony;14084844 
because you are running host only. Did you do that from inside your vm or your pc?
I'm not familiar with virtual box as I use vmware normally but if you run it host only there will be no network. If your running everything fro, the host pc and the guest is not active try to disable the adapter or give it another ip. It network settings there should be another virtual adapter for it. If you right click properties then TC/IP like on a normal adapter you can set its ip
Ok, so I've disabled the adapter, and now the program shows the right ip address.
2iu837n.png
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Networking & Security
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Networking & Security › Portforwarding on an SBG6580