I'm not sure where this would fall under, so I'll just put it here ... somewhere in between all of the other things I touched up the cuts in main case. I went from this:
To lots of masking tape and newspaper so that I could spray the edges and holes that I had cut into the case:
Now to carry on with the fan mounts: I already had two fans mounted in the bottom of the front and this piece of metal was for the optical bays:
This was actually quite tricky to get properly mounted as there wasn't much space to clamp anything, but I think it worked out well. I cut those notches in the plate by first drilling 3mm holes, then 5 mm holes and then removing the excess material with a dremel. My 5mm drill bit decided to break in two while I was drilling these holes, I have no idea why as I didn't drill like an idiot and and it isn't a very hard metal that I was drilling through. Also, I ran out of black spray paint so there is still some primer visible here and there as I couldn't cover everything.
I then mounted all of the plates and this is what it looked like:Edited by dhjj - 7/11/11 at 11:33pm