Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [GTX 590] Flashing & Overclocking Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[GTX 590] Flashing & Overclocking Thread - Page 45

post #441 of 721
280.16 driver (latest unlocked driver) or any previous version with unlocked voltage
post #442 of 721
no, I advise flashing the bios and using the latest drivers instead.
Just put p2 power minimum voltage up (to 1V for watercoolers). Next
use evga precision to bump the core/shader. Thats all. I will modify the zotac
bios; whats your desired voltage?
post #443 of 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Faust View Post
no, I advise flashing the bios and using the latest drivers instead.
Just put p2 power minimum voltage up (to 1V for watercoolers). Next
use evga precision to bump the core/shader. Thats all. I will modify the zotac
bios; whats your desired voltage?
Can you update the asus bios to run 1.013?
Cutie-PC
(13 items)
 
Weeny-PC
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 950 D0 4.2ghz v1.356 HT|On #3003B871 ASUS Rampage III Extreme Sparkle GTS450 Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 12GB 2000MHZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial m4 256GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 320GB windows 7 64bit Dell 24inch 16:10/1920x1200 logitech 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Silverstone Strider Gold 1200w Silverstone Raven 3 rv03 razer lachesis ford motor company mousepad 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i7 3610QM Nvidia 640M LE 8GB DDR3 1TB 
OS
Windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Cutie-PC
(13 items)
 
Weeny-PC
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 950 D0 4.2ghz v1.356 HT|On #3003B871 ASUS Rampage III Extreme Sparkle GTS450 Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 12GB 2000MHZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial m4 256GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 320GB windows 7 64bit Dell 24inch 16:10/1920x1200 logitech 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Silverstone Strider Gold 1200w Silverstone Raven 3 rv03 razer lachesis ford motor company mousepad 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i7 3610QM Nvidia 640M LE 8GB DDR3 1TB 
OS
Windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #444 of 721
Hey guys, im hoping you all can help me.

playing BF3 running MSI afterburner, when playing BF3 i notice that the cards are clocking themselves down to level 2 - P1 power state, i have the game set to ultra settings, and sometimes alt tab to reset saved profile in afterburner, but this doese not last long, and the cards seem to clock themselves down again.

ive to two GTX590's SLI, running BIOS update as per this post clock speeds 700 / 1400 / 1800 stable temps are around 60 - 70 deg aircooled and running the latest Nvidia drivers.

any ideas on whats happening and why the cards arnt running full spec

before this happend i was getting 120fps on ulta settings no problem, but then this morning when when i switched my pc on its as if the Nvidia drivers uninstalled themselves automatically somehow, so i reinstalled and noticed above problem.

i did uninstall all Nvidia drivers and ran driver sweeper and reinstalled but its still doing it, and game is running 60fps
Kira
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
2600k P8Z68 Delux GTX590 OCZ Revo 2 SSD PCIe x4 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 x64 3 X samsung syncmaster 2233 3D G19 / G13 Corsair HX 1050 
CaseMouse
Corsair RAT9 
  hide details  
Reply
Kira
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
2600k P8Z68 Delux GTX590 OCZ Revo 2 SSD PCIe x4 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 x64 3 X samsung syncmaster 2233 3D G19 / G13 Corsair HX 1050 
CaseMouse
Corsair RAT9 
  hide details  
Reply
post #445 of 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Faust View Post
no, I advise flashing the bios and using the latest drivers instead.
Just put p2 power minimum voltage up (to 1V for watercoolers). Next
use evga precision to bump the core/shader. Thats all. I will modify the zotac
bios; whats your desired voltage?
Thank you Faust.

Actually I'm not sure which voltage I need to use to reach the 700 or 735 mhz, so, can you modify it to a safer level where I can have this frecuency?.

Thank you so much!!!
post #446 of 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiuz View Post
Hey guys, im hoping you all can help me.

playing BF3 running MSI afterburner, when playing BF3 i notice that the cards are clocking themselves down to level 2 - P1 power state, i have the game set to ultra settings, and sometimes alt tab to reset saved profile in afterburner, but this doese not last long, and the cards seem to clock themselves down again.

ive to two GTX590's SLI, running BIOS update as per this post clock speeds 700 / 1400 / 1800 stable temps are around 60 - 70 deg aircooled and running the latest Nvidia drivers.

any ideas on whats happening and why the cards arnt running full spec

before this happend i was getting 120fps on ulta settings no problem, but then this morning when when i switched my pc on its as if the Nvidia drivers uninstalled themselves automatically somehow, so i reinstalled and noticed above problem.

i did uninstall all Nvidia drivers and ran driver sweeper and reinstalled but its still doing it, and game is running 60fps
Sounds to me like you have vsync enabled - check both the in-game settings and NVIDIA Control Panel to be sure. BF3 isn't as demanding as we were all expecting so your 2 GTX 590s aren't working hard, which is most likely why at least one of them is downclocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clefrigh View Post
Thank you Faust.

Actually I'm not sure which voltage I need to use to reach the 700 or 735 mhz, so, can you modify it to a safer level where I can have this frecuency?.

Thank you so much!!!
0.975-0.988v should do you for that clock mate!
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 2600k - 5.XGHz @ X.XXv] [ASUS P8P67 Pro B3] [2x MSI 7970s in Crossfire @ 1125/1650] [8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
[2TB Hitachi] [Crucial M4 SSD 64GB] [Antec Kuhler H20 920] [Lian-Li BZ BZ-502B] 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
[G.Skill Turbulence II RAM Cooler] [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit] [2x BenQ XL2410T @ 120Hz] [Razer Lycosa] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
[Corsair AX1200] [Silverstone Raven RV02-EW] [Razer DeathAdder] [Razer Goliathus] 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 2600k - 5.XGHz @ X.XXv] [ASUS P8P67 Pro B3] [2x MSI 7970s in Crossfire @ 1125/1650] [8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
[2TB Hitachi] [Crucial M4 SSD 64GB] [Antec Kuhler H20 920] [Lian-Li BZ BZ-502B] 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
[G.Skill Turbulence II RAM Cooler] [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit] [2x BenQ XL2410T @ 120Hz] [Razer Lycosa] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
[Corsair AX1200] [Silverstone Raven RV02-EW] [Razer DeathAdder] [Razer Goliathus] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #447 of 721
How do I raise my volts past 0.975? I tried raising them to 1.013 in bios, but it stayed at 0.975.
Cutie-PC
(13 items)
 
Weeny-PC
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 950 D0 4.2ghz v1.356 HT|On #3003B871 ASUS Rampage III Extreme Sparkle GTS450 Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 12GB 2000MHZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial m4 256GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 320GB windows 7 64bit Dell 24inch 16:10/1920x1200 logitech 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Silverstone Strider Gold 1200w Silverstone Raven 3 rv03 razer lachesis ford motor company mousepad 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i7 3610QM Nvidia 640M LE 8GB DDR3 1TB 
OS
Windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Cutie-PC
(13 items)
 
Weeny-PC
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 950 D0 4.2ghz v1.356 HT|On #3003B871 ASUS Rampage III Extreme Sparkle GTS450 Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 12GB 2000MHZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial m4 256GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 320GB windows 7 64bit Dell 24inch 16:10/1920x1200 logitech 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Silverstone Strider Gold 1200w Silverstone Raven 3 rv03 razer lachesis ford motor company mousepad 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i7 3610QM Nvidia 640M LE 8GB DDR3 1TB 
OS
Windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #448 of 721
because drivers rules the game.
as i said, to rise voltage use 280.16 driver (latest unlocked driver) or any previous version with unlocked voltage. any newer will owerride bios setting if it is higher than 0.975v
post #449 of 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wogga View Post
because drivers rules the game.
as i said, to rise voltage use 280.16 driver (latest unlocked driver) or any previous version with unlocked voltage. any newer will owerride bios setting if it is higher than 0.975v
Sorry to be a pain in the ass dude but to avoid confusion, the driver set is 280.19.
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 2600k - 5.XGHz @ X.XXv] [ASUS P8P67 Pro B3] [2x MSI 7970s in Crossfire @ 1125/1650] [8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
[2TB Hitachi] [Crucial M4 SSD 64GB] [Antec Kuhler H20 920] [Lian-Li BZ BZ-502B] 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
[G.Skill Turbulence II RAM Cooler] [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit] [2x BenQ XL2410T @ 120Hz] [Razer Lycosa] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
[Corsair AX1200] [Silverstone Raven RV02-EW] [Razer DeathAdder] [Razer Goliathus] 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 2600k - 5.XGHz @ X.XXv] [ASUS P8P67 Pro B3] [2x MSI 7970s in Crossfire @ 1125/1650] [8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
[2TB Hitachi] [Crucial M4 SSD 64GB] [Antec Kuhler H20 920] [Lian-Li BZ BZ-502B] 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
[G.Skill Turbulence II RAM Cooler] [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit] [2x BenQ XL2410T @ 120Hz] [Razer Lycosa] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
[Corsair AX1200] [Silverstone Raven RV02-EW] [Razer DeathAdder] [Razer Goliathus] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #450 of 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smo View Post
Sorry to be a pain in the ass dude but to avoid confusion, the driver set is 280.19.
Are there any known problems with that driver?
Cutie-PC
(13 items)
 
Weeny-PC
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 950 D0 4.2ghz v1.356 HT|On #3003B871 ASUS Rampage III Extreme Sparkle GTS450 Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 12GB 2000MHZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial m4 256GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 320GB windows 7 64bit Dell 24inch 16:10/1920x1200 logitech 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Silverstone Strider Gold 1200w Silverstone Raven 3 rv03 razer lachesis ford motor company mousepad 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i7 3610QM Nvidia 640M LE 8GB DDR3 1TB 
OS
Windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Cutie-PC
(13 items)
 
Weeny-PC
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 950 D0 4.2ghz v1.356 HT|On #3003B871 ASUS Rampage III Extreme Sparkle GTS450 Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 12GB 2000MHZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial m4 256GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 320GB windows 7 64bit Dell 24inch 16:10/1920x1200 logitech 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Silverstone Strider Gold 1200w Silverstone Raven 3 rv03 razer lachesis ford motor company mousepad 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i7 3610QM Nvidia 640M LE 8GB DDR3 1TB 
OS
Windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [GTX 590] Flashing & Overclocking Thread