Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Silverstone TJ08-E Owners Club.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Silverstone TJ08-E Owners Club. - Page 117

post #1161 of 7172
Okay I have everything exept the case and motherboard now. Which mobo should I pick? Price is not so different and I can choose from these:
- ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z/GEN3, Socket-1155
- ASUS P8Z68-M PRO, Socket-1155
- Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3, Socket-1155
- MSI Z68MA-G45 (G3), Socket-1155

It will be running i5-2500k with overclock, zotac gtx 480 amp (maybe 680 soon with aftermarketcooler)
I cant run SLI with the card I have now because it takes up 3 slots, because of the zalman cooler. I also would like to fit a soundcard in this rig, could I fit both pci and pci-e soundcards if I have a 3 slots cooler?
post #1162 of 7172
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelly View Post

Okay I have everything exept the case and motherboard now. Which mobo should I pick? Price is not so different and I can choose from these:
- ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z/GEN3, Socket-1155
- ASUS P8Z68-M PRO, Socket-1155
- Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3, Socket-1155
- MSI Z68MA-G45 (G3), Socket-1155
It will be running i5-2500k with overclock, zotac gtx 480 amp (maybe 680 soon with aftermarketcooler)
I cant run SLI with the card I have now because it takes up 3 slots, because of the zalman cooler. I also would like to fit a soundcard in this rig, could I fit both pci and pci-e soundcards if I have a 3 slots cooler?

Sounds like a good rig but I would stick with a reference design. This case even says its designed to cool better with the reference design cards the exhaust out of the back instead of recirculating hot air inside the case. The 680 reference has a solid cooler and is also very quiet imo i'd stick with that. To answer your question about the sound card: Yes, you can fit a sound card as long as its a PCI-e card it will go in the last express slot. AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GO WITH THE MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z (gen3) For overclocking and stability it is the best its what 90% of us use for mATX.
post #1163 of 7172
haha okay thanks ill go with the gene-z:D But I'll stick with my 480 for a while more. Will I have any problems with the cooling design in the case with it? Its a sick cooler in normal cases atleast, dont know how its like in this. And IF i wanted to get a 680 (my friend might be interested in my 480) will there be any aftermarket solutions that would suit this case more than the reference card? They are all sold out here in norway anyways, fearing they wount get any in stock before all have aftermarket coolers
post #1164 of 7172
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelly View Post

haha okay thanks ill go with the gene-z:D But I'll stick with my 480 for a while more. Will I have any problems with the cooling design in the case with it? Its a sick cooler in normal cases atleast, dont know how its like in this. And IF i wanted to get a 680 (my friend might be interested in my 480) will there be any aftermarket solutions that would suit this case more than the reference card? They are all sold out here in norway anyways, fearing they wount get any in stock before all have aftermarket coolers

It should cool the card fine, but your other components will get some residual heat off of that hot card. The stock(reference) cooler on the 680 is really great its cool and very quiet and works with the TJ08-e very well.
post #1165 of 7172
Putting together my rig in this case now. I see why I went full tower in the past. Its all good once its done but working in a small case can be tricky.
550D
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700K Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ SSC 4 x 4GB Samsung Green 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial 240gb Samsung EVO 250gb Corsair H80 Win7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix 2560x1440p Quickfire TK MX Brown XFX 750w Black Edition Corsair 550D 
MouseMouse Pad
Lefty Deathadder X Trac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
550D
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700K Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ SSC 4 x 4GB Samsung Green 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial 240gb Samsung EVO 250gb Corsair H80 Win7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix 2560x1440p Quickfire TK MX Brown XFX 750w Black Edition Corsair 550D 
MouseMouse Pad
Lefty Deathadder X Trac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1166 of 7172
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomnerd865 View Post

It should cool the card fine, but your other components will get some residual heat off of that hot card. The stock(reference) cooler on the 680 is really great its cool and very quiet and works with the TJ08-e very well.

Wouldnt I make up for that with an outtake fan? I have a unused airpenetrator (same as the intake one only 120mm) that I could use. Also got an ARCTIC F12 Pro PWN 120mm, but guessing the silverstone one is better?
post #1167 of 7172
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelly View Post

Wouldnt I make up for that with an outtake fan? I have a unused airpenetrator (same as the intake one only 120mm) that I could use. Also got an ARCTIC F12 Pro PWN 120mm, but guessing the silverstone one is better?
The air penetrater is a great fan. But the silverstone uses positive pressure so it will hinder the heat exhaustion for te case but positive has many other benifits.
post #1168 of 7172
How loud is the front fan guys? Don't care when gaming but normal use don't want it too loud. Since its breathing through that mesh not sure if it has an odd sound or not. I keep going to frys and stair at this case lol
2014 nerd box evo
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1100T x6 4244mhz 3065cpu-nb (fx8150 at 4.9g... Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus gtx570 dcII- 890/1780/2200@1088mv corsair dominator gt 8GB 1866 @1886 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
corsair f120ssd/seagate 1TB Asus cd/dvd burner Antec Kuhler 920 semi-custom loop (2 radiators) win7 professional 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Gateway 23" 1920x1080 corsair ax850 Rosewill blackhawk w/hdd bay mod logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
2014 nerd box evo
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1100T x6 4244mhz 3065cpu-nb (fx8150 at 4.9g... Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus gtx570 dcII- 890/1780/2200@1088mv corsair dominator gt 8GB 1866 @1886 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
corsair f120ssd/seagate 1TB Asus cd/dvd burner Antec Kuhler 920 semi-custom loop (2 radiators) win7 professional 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Gateway 23" 1920x1080 corsair ax850 Rosewill blackhawk w/hdd bay mod logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1169 of 7172
Just buy it man. I just mine up and running. Sweet little case. The front fan has a high and low switch on the side of the case. My house is kind of loud right now so I can't say how loud it is.

I will say that sli with a twin frozr isn't great. Since the cards are so smashed the bottom card is starved for air. It hit 75c running 3dmark at stock clocks. So I definitely want to sell these and jump back to the 580.
550D
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700K Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ SSC 4 x 4GB Samsung Green 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial 240gb Samsung EVO 250gb Corsair H80 Win7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix 2560x1440p Quickfire TK MX Brown XFX 750w Black Edition Corsair 550D 
MouseMouse Pad
Lefty Deathadder X Trac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
550D
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700K Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ SSC 4 x 4GB Samsung Green 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial 240gb Samsung EVO 250gb Corsair H80 Win7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix 2560x1440p Quickfire TK MX Brown XFX 750w Black Edition Corsair 550D 
MouseMouse Pad
Lefty Deathadder X Trac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1170 of 7172
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomnerd865 View Post

The air penetrater is a great fan. But the silverstone uses positive pressure so it will hinder the heat exhaustion for te case but positive has many other benifits.

Mostly the cpu temp that would be affected if I use aftermarket cooler on gpus or? How much difference would it be you think? Also, would you recomend a cpu watercooling-kit or aircooler in this case? I can use a coolIT vantage or get a good aircooler, have to talk to my brother which he wants to use:D Hope it wont get too hot because I would love to be able to clock both cpu and gpu. I've checked out fractal arc mini aswell, but really like the TJ08-E
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Silverstone TJ08-E Owners Club.