Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Silverstone TJ08-E Owners Club.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Silverstone TJ08-E Owners Club. - Page 234

post #2331 of 7198
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownleader View Post

H80 seems decent but I'm not sure I want to spend another $25 for an aftermarket fan.....minimizing noise is a factor for me. Is there a reason why you only used 1 Noctua fan on the H80 radiator? Did it not fit, or was it for budgetary reasons? Did it affect your cooling performance to remove the "push" fan?
Thanks

If you want silence; consider something other than a H80. tongue.gif. I'd save the money personally and get something like a Thermalright True Spirit or Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk heatsink; and perhaps then replace it's fan with something else. And it'd still be well cheaper than a H80..

Or; just get the H80; with a fan controller. As in; a 3.5 or 5.25 bay style fan controller; hook up the 2 corsair fans; and the front ap 181. Turn it all down when just browsing the web/uneventful tasks; then back up when playing a game or whatever. And it doesn't have to be that high..

I installed a fan controller (Scythe Master Ace Kaze 3.5, 2 fan controller), used the Noctua Y splitter to connect the 2 92mm fans on my U9B SE2 into one; and that's now channel 1, and the AP is channel 2. I run my fans at 1000rpm for the 92mm (silent), and 500 for the front AP which is basically silent as well for normal use. Keeping my GPU fan on auto (Asus GTTX 580 DCUII). I ramp up the fans to 1300 and 750 respectively for gaming. Still isn't a whole lot louder; but the temps are indeed affected in a positive way.

If you really care about silence, good quality fans and a fan controller are a must. IMO.
MahRig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Asus Maximus Gene V Asus Direct CU II GTX 670 G Skill Ripjaw X 8GB 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro  Seagate 2TB Corsair H60 SE Windows 7 Ult 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Leopold FC700R Corsair HX 650 Silverstone TJ08-E 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G500 Razer Kabuto Shure SRH 840 Headphones Audioengine 5+ 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Audioengine D1 Wharfdale SW150 Logitech 9000 Logitech Mic 
  hide details  
Reply
MahRig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Asus Maximus Gene V Asus Direct CU II GTX 670 G Skill Ripjaw X 8GB 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro  Seagate 2TB Corsair H60 SE Windows 7 Ult 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Leopold FC700R Corsair HX 650 Silverstone TJ08-E 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G500 Razer Kabuto Shure SRH 840 Headphones Audioengine 5+ 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Audioengine D1 Wharfdale SW150 Logitech 9000 Logitech Mic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2332 of 7198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonheart View Post

If you want silence; consider something other than a H80. tongue.gif. I'd save the money personally and get something like a Thermalright True Spirit or Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk heatsink; and perhaps then replace it's fan with something else. And it'd still be well cheaper than a H80..
Or; just get the H80; with a fan controller. As in; a 3.5 or 5.25 bay style fan controller; hook up the 2 corsair fans; and the front ap 181. Turn it all down when just browsing the web/uneventful tasks; then back up when playing a game or whatever. And it doesn't have to be that high..
I installed a fan controller (Scythe Master Ace Kaze 3.5, 2 fan controller), used the Noctua Y splitter to connect the 2 92mm fans on my U9B SE2 into one; and that's now channel 1, and the AP is channel 2. I run my fans at 1000rpm for the 92mm (silent), and 500 for the front AP which is basically silent as well for normal use. Keeping my GPU fan on auto (Asus GTTX 580 DCUII). I ramp up the fans to 1300 and 750 respectively for gaming. Still isn't a whole lot louder; but the temps are indeed affected in a positive way.
If you really care about silence, good quality fans and a fan controller are a must. IMO.

I find H80's with two Gentle Typhoons to be perfect for both performance and quietness. In order of loudness: the fan on my GTX 670, and then the 180mm Air Penetrator, and then my Gentle Typhoons, and finally, the PSU fan.
post #2333 of 7198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Mudkipz View Post

I find H80's with two Gentle Typhoons to be perfect for both performance and quietness. In order of loudness: the fan on my GTX 670, and then the 180mm Air Penetrator, and then my Gentle Typhoons, and finally, the PSU fan.

Well yeah with GT's. Of course. There's also the new Corsair SP fans you could use. SP Quiet addition fans. Apparently they're quite good! But I don't think they want spend extra on extra fans; hence my post. Though a fan controller probably costs the same as 2 new decent fans anyway.. Lol. :shrug:
MahRig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Asus Maximus Gene V Asus Direct CU II GTX 670 G Skill Ripjaw X 8GB 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro  Seagate 2TB Corsair H60 SE Windows 7 Ult 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Leopold FC700R Corsair HX 650 Silverstone TJ08-E 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G500 Razer Kabuto Shure SRH 840 Headphones Audioengine 5+ 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Audioengine D1 Wharfdale SW150 Logitech 9000 Logitech Mic 
  hide details  
Reply
MahRig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Asus Maximus Gene V Asus Direct CU II GTX 670 G Skill Ripjaw X 8GB 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro  Seagate 2TB Corsair H60 SE Windows 7 Ult 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Leopold FC700R Corsair HX 650 Silverstone TJ08-E 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G500 Razer Kabuto Shure SRH 840 Headphones Audioengine 5+ 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Audioengine D1 Wharfdale SW150 Logitech 9000 Logitech Mic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2334 of 7198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonheart View Post

Well yeah with GT's. Of course. There's also the new Corsair SP fans you could use. SP Quiet addition fans. Apparently they're quite good! But I don't think they want spend extra on extra fans; hence my post. Though a fan controller probably costs the same as 2 new decent fans anyway.. Lol. :shrug:

The airflow on the GT's is actually better than that on the Corsair fans. I had to make a decision between the two when buying parts for my build tongue.gif.
post #2335 of 7198
we should add a list of fans that will fit in the front to the OP, maybe in order of loudness. i would love to get a more powerful fan to push air through the phobya 200mm radiator.

also...


700

450

700

450

in
Edited by Skoobs - 7/11/12 at 4:43pm
Unnamed Build
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k MAXIMUS V GENE NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Hydro Copper Vulcan 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 1TB 840 SSD Koolance CPU-380i XSPC Dual Bay Reservoir Phobya Xtreme 200mm Radiator 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC EX120 120mm Radiator Silverstone AP181 Fan Gentle Typhoon AP15 Windows 8 Professional x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP LP3065c DasKeyboard Ultimate Model S Seasonic X650 Silverstone TJ08B-E 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G700 Mionix Propus 380 Audioengine D1 USB DAC Parasound 2125 Amplifier 
AudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headph... Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Definitive Technology Studiomonitor 450 
  hide details  
Reply
Unnamed Build
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k MAXIMUS V GENE NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Hydro Copper Vulcan 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 1TB 840 SSD Koolance CPU-380i XSPC Dual Bay Reservoir Phobya Xtreme 200mm Radiator 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC EX120 120mm Radiator Silverstone AP181 Fan Gentle Typhoon AP15 Windows 8 Professional x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP LP3065c DasKeyboard Ultimate Model S Seasonic X650 Silverstone TJ08B-E 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G700 Mionix Propus 380 Audioengine D1 USB DAC Parasound 2125 Amplifier 
AudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headph... Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Definitive Technology Studiomonitor 450 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2336 of 7198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoobs View Post

we should add a list of fans that will fit in the front to the OP, maybe in order of loudness. i would love to get a more powerful fan to push air through the phobya 200mm radiator.
also... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
700
450
700
450
in

Yeah I wish there were more 180mm fans to chose from. The only one I THINK might be better is a silverstone one also and not sure it will even do any better, it just has a SLIGHTLY higher cfm rating so Im guessing its not worth it. Last time I checked i think it was the white one.
2014 nerd box evo
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1100T x6 4244mhz 3065cpu-nb (fx8150 at 4.9g... Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus gtx570 dcII- 890/1780/2200@1088mv corsair dominator gt 8GB 1866 @1886 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
corsair f120ssd/seagate 1TB Asus cd/dvd burner Antec Kuhler 920 semi-custom loop (2 radiators) win7 professional 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Gateway 23" 1920x1080 corsair ax850 Rosewill blackhawk w/hdd bay mod logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
2014 nerd box evo
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1100T x6 4244mhz 3065cpu-nb (fx8150 at 4.9g... Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus gtx570 dcII- 890/1780/2200@1088mv corsair dominator gt 8GB 1866 @1886 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
corsair f120ssd/seagate 1TB Asus cd/dvd burner Antec Kuhler 920 semi-custom loop (2 radiators) win7 professional 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Gateway 23" 1920x1080 corsair ax850 Rosewill blackhawk w/hdd bay mod logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2337 of 7198
^thumb.gif
how did you fit the 200mm rad on to 180mm fan?
post #2338 of 7198
looks like he made a custom shroud in the first pic
Poison
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3820 @ 4.7 Sabertooth x79 Powercolor 6870x2 G Skill 2133 8gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial m4 Noctua DH14 win7 64 ultimate HP 2511x 
KeyboardPowerMouseMouse Pad
microsoft Sidewinder Enermax Modu 87+ 900 Asus GX800 none 
Audio
Yamaha RX-V955, B&W bookshelves and Infinity PS-8 
  hide details  
Reply
Poison
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3820 @ 4.7 Sabertooth x79 Powercolor 6870x2 G Skill 2133 8gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial m4 Noctua DH14 win7 64 ultimate HP 2511x 
KeyboardPowerMouseMouse Pad
microsoft Sidewinder Enermax Modu 87+ 900 Asus GX800 none 
Audio
Yamaha RX-V955, B&W bookshelves and Infinity PS-8 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2339 of 7198
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyli View Post

^thumb.gif
how did you fit the 200mm rad on to 180mm fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trulsrohk View Post

looks like he made a custom shroud in the first pic

The phobia 200mm radiator comes with an adapter/shroud
2014 nerd box evo
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1100T x6 4244mhz 3065cpu-nb (fx8150 at 4.9g... Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus gtx570 dcII- 890/1780/2200@1088mv corsair dominator gt 8GB 1866 @1886 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
corsair f120ssd/seagate 1TB Asus cd/dvd burner Antec Kuhler 920 semi-custom loop (2 radiators) win7 professional 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Gateway 23" 1920x1080 corsair ax850 Rosewill blackhawk w/hdd bay mod logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
2014 nerd box evo
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1100T x6 4244mhz 3065cpu-nb (fx8150 at 4.9g... Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus gtx570 dcII- 890/1780/2200@1088mv corsair dominator gt 8GB 1866 @1886 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
corsair f120ssd/seagate 1TB Asus cd/dvd burner Antec Kuhler 920 semi-custom loop (2 radiators) win7 professional 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Gateway 23" 1920x1080 corsair ax850 Rosewill blackhawk w/hdd bay mod logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2340 of 7198
Well, I guess it's time I upload my pictures:
400
400
700700400
400
400
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Silverstone TJ08-E Owners Club.