Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Silverstone TJ08-E Owners Club.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Silverstone TJ08-E Owners Club. - Page 237

post #2361 of 7160
Nice. Hmm. Might try it. Thanks for the pics! Very nice build! =) And nice little GPU holder =D
MahRig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Asus Maximus Gene V Asus Direct CU II GTX 670 G Skill Ripjaw X 8GB 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro  Seagate 2TB Corsair H60 SE Windows 7 Ult 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Leopold FC700R Corsair HX 650 Silverstone TJ08-E 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G500 Razer Kabuto Shure SRH 840 Headphones Audioengine 5+ 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Audioengine D1 Wharfdale SW150 Logitech 9000 Logitech Mic 
  hide details  
Reply
MahRig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Asus Maximus Gene V Asus Direct CU II GTX 670 G Skill Ripjaw X 8GB 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro  Seagate 2TB Corsair H60 SE Windows 7 Ult 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Leopold FC700R Corsair HX 650 Silverstone TJ08-E 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G500 Razer Kabuto Shure SRH 840 Headphones Audioengine 5+ 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Audioengine D1 Wharfdale SW150 Logitech 9000 Logitech Mic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2362 of 7160
I'm usually full of crap when it comes to saying I'll do something like this, but I finally have the money in order to build my first computer (for me, that is). I fully intend to buy today as I'll save a lot of money. Here is what I'm looking at, and if a part's not there, I don't need it now:

291

I just need to know if the Phanteks cooler will fit. I've watched this thread for awhile now and it's been asked before, but no answer was given. I've never seen a build with it and I would love to be the first one to do it! I've been drooling over this case for months now. I plan on adding a side-window and possibly painting the interior white.
...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
P4 (Single Core) @ 2.4 ghz Asus P4S533 GeForce 4 Ti4200 w/ 128 MB 512 MB Elixer DDR 333 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung Spinpoint 120 GB (IDE) Windows 2000 HP 2159m (21.5 in) Microsoft OEM 
PowerCaseMouse
Max 350 watt Top of Motherboard Box TBD 
  hide details  
Reply
...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
P4 (Single Core) @ 2.4 ghz Asus P4S533 GeForce 4 Ti4200 w/ 128 MB 512 MB Elixer DDR 333 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung Spinpoint 120 GB (IDE) Windows 2000 HP 2159m (21.5 in) Microsoft OEM 
PowerCaseMouse
Max 350 watt Top of Motherboard Box TBD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2363 of 7160
Hi!
I've just got my FM181. Want to change the AP 181. What do you think? Would it be better? (cooling and noise)
post #2364 of 7160
Quote:
Originally Posted by r00t_b33r1270 View Post

I'm usually full of crap when it comes to saying I'll do something like this, but I finally have the money in order to build my first computer (for me, that is). I fully intend to buy today as I'll save a lot of money. Here is what I'm looking at, and if a part's not there, I don't need it now:
291
I just need to know if the Phanteks cooler will fit. I've watched this thread for awhile now and it's been asked before, but no answer was given. I've never seen a build with it and I would love to be the first one to do it! I've been drooling over this case for months now. I plan on adding a side-window and possibly painting the interior white.

Unfortunately that Phanteks won't fit. I wanted to get that same cooler but Silverstone recommends coolers 165mm tall or shorter. The Phanteks is 160mm without fans, and 171mm with fans. It will be too tall unfortunately.
post #2365 of 7160
Quote:
Originally Posted by faMine View Post

Unfortunately that Phanteks won't fit. I wanted to get that same cooler but Silverstone recommends coolers 165mm tall or shorter. The Phanteks is 160mm without fans, and 171mm with fans. It will be too tall unfortunately.
Hmmmmm... Since I'm getting the super low-profile RAM, I could lower the fans very easily. It would be tight, but I'm OK with tight. Do you think that would work? I'm willing to take a leap of faith, I really want this cooler.

510

This makes me think it would work. It appears the fans can go quite a bit lower.
...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
P4 (Single Core) @ 2.4 ghz Asus P4S533 GeForce 4 Ti4200 w/ 128 MB 512 MB Elixer DDR 333 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung Spinpoint 120 GB (IDE) Windows 2000 HP 2159m (21.5 in) Microsoft OEM 
PowerCaseMouse
Max 350 watt Top of Motherboard Box TBD 
  hide details  
Reply
...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
P4 (Single Core) @ 2.4 ghz Asus P4S533 GeForce 4 Ti4200 w/ 128 MB 512 MB Elixer DDR 333 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung Spinpoint 120 GB (IDE) Windows 2000 HP 2159m (21.5 in) Microsoft OEM 
PowerCaseMouse
Max 350 watt Top of Motherboard Box TBD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2366 of 7160
Quote:
Originally Posted by r00t_b33r1270 View Post

Hmmmmm... Since I'm getting the super low-profile RAM, I could lower the fans very easily. It would be tight, but I'm OK with tight. Do you think that would work? I'm willing to take a leap of faith, I really want this cooler.
510
This makes me think it would work. It appears the fans can go quite a bit lower.

you could try. I really wanted it too. my roomie has it in white and it's awesome.. I went with a D14 since I knew it would work for sure. If it works, please provide pictures on it. I know a lot of people are interested in this cooler.
post #2367 of 7160
Quote:
Originally Posted by faMine View Post

you could try. I really wanted it too. my roomie has it in white and it's awesome.. I went with a D14 since I knew it would work for sure. If it works, please provide pictures on it. I know a lot of people are interested in this cooler.
I'll be the guinea pig, I'm going for it! Expect pics by the end of the week and possibly mods soon thereafter. All ready to pull the trigger now...
...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
P4 (Single Core) @ 2.4 ghz Asus P4S533 GeForce 4 Ti4200 w/ 128 MB 512 MB Elixer DDR 333 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung Spinpoint 120 GB (IDE) Windows 2000 HP 2159m (21.5 in) Microsoft OEM 
PowerCaseMouse
Max 350 watt Top of Motherboard Box TBD 
  hide details  
Reply
...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
P4 (Single Core) @ 2.4 ghz Asus P4S533 GeForce 4 Ti4200 w/ 128 MB 512 MB Elixer DDR 333 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung Spinpoint 120 GB (IDE) Windows 2000 HP 2159m (21.5 in) Microsoft OEM 
PowerCaseMouse
Max 350 watt Top of Motherboard Box TBD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2368 of 7160
Awesome! I'm excited to see your results.
post #2369 of 7160
http://www.sweclockers.com/galleri/9571-ergo
Joined today and want to join this very nice owners club.
post #2370 of 7160
Quote:
Originally Posted by bursecarl View Post

http://www.sweclockers.com/galleri/9571-ergo
Joined today and want to join this very nice owners club.

VERY NICE!!! thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Silverstone TJ08-E Owners Club.