Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Silverstone TJ08-E Owners Club.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Silverstone TJ08-E Owners Club. - Page 279

post #2781 of 7171
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseslayer View Post

well its a simple solution and it easy smile.gifand the inside
024.jpg

haha when I mentioned I have seen other solutions I was reffering to you aparently. I have seen you on another forum that I dont think was usa based which makes sense since your from sweeden. When I saw the side i knew it was you because not many people run the coolermaster v8 cooler anymore. At the time I was searching the cpu cooler you have in a tj08e and saw your display writeup on that other forum I think it was.

+rep thanks for sharing here. I cant do it to my case since I have a BD player and hard drives up there currently but Will keep you in mind in case I switch my setup.
2014 nerd box evo
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1100T x6 4244mhz 3065cpu-nb (fx8150 at 4.9g... Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus gtx570 dcII- 890/1780/2200@1088mv corsair dominator gt 8GB 1866 @1886 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
corsair f120ssd/seagate 1TB Asus cd/dvd burner Antec Kuhler 920 semi-custom loop (2 radiators) win7 professional 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Gateway 23" 1920x1080 corsair ax850 Rosewill blackhawk w/hdd bay mod logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
2014 nerd box evo
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1100T x6 4244mhz 3065cpu-nb (fx8150 at 4.9g... Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus gtx570 dcII- 890/1780/2200@1088mv corsair dominator gt 8GB 1866 @1886 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
corsair f120ssd/seagate 1TB Asus cd/dvd burner Antec Kuhler 920 semi-custom loop (2 radiators) win7 professional 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Gateway 23" 1920x1080 corsair ax850 Rosewill blackhawk w/hdd bay mod logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2782 of 7171
Hey guys! Been a long time lurker in this thread, but now that I am finished, I'd like to share what I did with my build.






hope you guys like em!
post #2783 of 7171
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyce View Post

Hey guys! Been a long time lurker in this thread, but now that I am finished, I'd like to share what I did with my build.




hope you guys like em!

REALLY nice exterior job. Refreshing to see in here biggrin.gif Is the front panel just down to the natural aluminum and the sides painted?

I just mentioned in another thread how I was thinking about sending my tj08-e out for powder coating. Still undecided if I want to stick with black or go with something else like white, silver, polished, etc. I currently looking into getting the side panel lazer cut/water jetted for a more technical window than I have now
2014 nerd box evo
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1100T x6 4244mhz 3065cpu-nb (fx8150 at 4.9g... Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus gtx570 dcII- 890/1780/2200@1088mv corsair dominator gt 8GB 1866 @1886 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
corsair f120ssd/seagate 1TB Asus cd/dvd burner Antec Kuhler 920 semi-custom loop (2 radiators) win7 professional 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Gateway 23" 1920x1080 corsair ax850 Rosewill blackhawk w/hdd bay mod logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
2014 nerd box evo
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1100T x6 4244mhz 3065cpu-nb (fx8150 at 4.9g... Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus gtx570 dcII- 890/1780/2200@1088mv corsair dominator gt 8GB 1866 @1886 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
corsair f120ssd/seagate 1TB Asus cd/dvd burner Antec Kuhler 920 semi-custom loop (2 radiators) win7 professional 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Gateway 23" 1920x1080 corsair ax850 Rosewill blackhawk w/hdd bay mod logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2784 of 7171
@66racer

Thank you sir! Glad you like the finish.

The front panel has been sanded and spray painted silver along with the rest of the case, to match the other components like the monitor and keyboard.

I still am not satisfied with the finish though, and will repaint in the future (I was a little to eager in the wetsanding phase, made the finish look uneven up close)
post #2785 of 7171
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyce View Post

@66racer
Thank you sir! Glad you like the finish.
The front panel has been sanded and spray painted silver along with the rest of the case, to match the other components like the monitor and keyboard.
I still am not satisfied with the finish though, and will repaint in the future (I was a little to eager in the wetsanding phase, made the finish look uneven up close)

Thanks for sharing that and +rep.

Yeah I know the feeling about getting the paint right, lol Im too much of a perfectionist and sometimes have to stop and deal with it. When I cut my side window out the blade bit into the metal in one part and it KILLLLLLS me. Thats why Im gonna eventually fix it. I need to talk to a powder coater to see if bondo can deal with the baking process of powder coating so I can avoid sanding just the metal. From 4ft its undetectable, but I know its there lol.

edit:
lol just noticed, you joined in 2008 and still only have 2 post, well you made the first one a good one with the case pics
2014 nerd box evo
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1100T x6 4244mhz 3065cpu-nb (fx8150 at 4.9g... Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus gtx570 dcII- 890/1780/2200@1088mv corsair dominator gt 8GB 1866 @1886 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
corsair f120ssd/seagate 1TB Asus cd/dvd burner Antec Kuhler 920 semi-custom loop (2 radiators) win7 professional 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Gateway 23" 1920x1080 corsair ax850 Rosewill blackhawk w/hdd bay mod logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
2014 nerd box evo
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1100T x6 4244mhz 3065cpu-nb (fx8150 at 4.9g... Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus gtx570 dcII- 890/1780/2200@1088mv corsair dominator gt 8GB 1866 @1886 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
corsair f120ssd/seagate 1TB Asus cd/dvd burner Antec Kuhler 920 semi-custom loop (2 radiators) win7 professional 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Gateway 23" 1920x1080 corsair ax850 Rosewill blackhawk w/hdd bay mod logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2786 of 7171
Thanks for the +rep! it's a first! haha biggrin.gif

I can relate to the "perfectionist" part...aside from the external paint finish, there are little details inside the rig that really annoy me until they are fixed. Like those matteblack compression fittings have their gold branding on the collar; I had to whip out a black permanent marker and cover those gold bits before I could sleep well lol!

Well like they say, the devil is in the details smile.gif

and you noticed my join date! lol well let's just say I am more of the reader type of forumer. Well maybe not anymore for this forum thumb.gif
post #2787 of 7171
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyce View Post

Thanks for the +rep! it's a first! haha biggrin.gif
I can relate to the "perfectionist" part...aside from the external paint finish, there are little details inside the rig that really annoy me until they are fixed. Like those matteblack compression fittings have their gold branding on the collar; I had to whip out a black permanent marker and cover those gold bits before I could sleep well lol!
Well like they say, the devil is in the details smile.gif
and you noticed my join date! lol well let's just say I am more of the reader type of forumer. Well maybe not anymore for this forum thumb.gif

haha Im on the same page as you man. Well dude well participating in here will be fun, iM sure your case will get some questions going your way

Have a good one and see ya around in here
2014 nerd box evo
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1100T x6 4244mhz 3065cpu-nb (fx8150 at 4.9g... Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus gtx570 dcII- 890/1780/2200@1088mv corsair dominator gt 8GB 1866 @1886 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
corsair f120ssd/seagate 1TB Asus cd/dvd burner Antec Kuhler 920 semi-custom loop (2 radiators) win7 professional 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Gateway 23" 1920x1080 corsair ax850 Rosewill blackhawk w/hdd bay mod logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
2014 nerd box evo
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1100T x6 4244mhz 3065cpu-nb (fx8150 at 4.9g... Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus gtx570 dcII- 890/1780/2200@1088mv corsair dominator gt 8GB 1866 @1886 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
corsair f120ssd/seagate 1TB Asus cd/dvd burner Antec Kuhler 920 semi-custom loop (2 radiators) win7 professional 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Gateway 23" 1920x1080 corsair ax850 Rosewill blackhawk w/hdd bay mod logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2788 of 7171
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyce View Post

Hey guys! Been a long time lurker in this thread, but now that I am finished, I'd like to share what I did with my build.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



hope you guys like em!

Wow very clean! also liking the silver finish. Top job
post #2789 of 7171
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66racer View Post

haha when I mentioned I have seen other solutions I was reffering to you aparently. I have seen you on another forum that I dont think was usa based which makes sense since your from sweeden. When I saw the side i knew it was you because not many people run the coolermaster v8 cooler anymore. At the time I was searching the cpu cooler you have in a tj08e and saw your display writeup on that other forum I think it was.
+rep thanks for sharing here. I cant do it to my case since I have a BD player and hard drives up there currently but Will keep you in mind in case I switch my setup.

well its thin and it could fit at the side of the case wink.gif Im intressted in temps and i mean gaming temps on the water cooling rigs. Please could you all water boys post temps under load?
post #2790 of 7171
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseslayer View Post

well its thin and it could fit at the side of the case wink.gif Im intressted in temps and i mean gaming temps on the water cooling rigs. Please could you all water boys post temps under load?

I'm on a modded antec kuhler 920 with 180mm and swiftech micro rez. Water with die. Shin etsu paste. My temps I think are pretty decent but imagine an aftermarket block and larger tubes might be worth another 2-3c. Single push ap181 until later today when I add a pull fan if new egg has it ready.

2700k at 4.8ghz and 1.38v load.
Anyways. In 84F ambient gaming on bf3 I get 62c
In 90f ambient its max 67/68c

At my old place with ac in ambient temps of 70f max was usually 56-57c and prime max after 2hrs was 67c

Edit:
Haven't done prime in this heat wave considering I moved 2 months ago, but having the game room upstairs with no ac (I thought beach cities were cooler lol) caused me to finally get the second rad fan going haha, hope it helps the system our a bit, the radiator killed some airflow and the rear 120mm on high creates a slight vacuum and that's not want I want biggrin.gif
Edited by 66racer - 10/1/12 at 11:24am
2014 nerd box evo
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1100T x6 4244mhz 3065cpu-nb (fx8150 at 4.9g... Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus gtx570 dcII- 890/1780/2200@1088mv corsair dominator gt 8GB 1866 @1886 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
corsair f120ssd/seagate 1TB Asus cd/dvd burner Antec Kuhler 920 semi-custom loop (2 radiators) win7 professional 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Gateway 23" 1920x1080 corsair ax850 Rosewill blackhawk w/hdd bay mod logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
2014 nerd box evo
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1100T x6 4244mhz 3065cpu-nb (fx8150 at 4.9g... Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus gtx570 dcII- 890/1780/2200@1088mv corsair dominator gt 8GB 1866 @1886 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
corsair f120ssd/seagate 1TB Asus cd/dvd burner Antec Kuhler 920 semi-custom loop (2 radiators) win7 professional 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Gateway 23" 1920x1080 corsair ax850 Rosewill blackhawk w/hdd bay mod logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Silverstone TJ08-E Owners Club.