Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Silverstone TJ08-E Owners Club.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Silverstone TJ08-E Owners Club. - Page 69

post #681 of 7171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackheadkid View Post

Hello all, Pics of GTX590 SLI in this little beauty. Ignore the horrible picture quality, bad lighting + no sunlight = crappy picture.
450
Now if you can believe it, my temps on the bottom card were horrible. So I am only using one until I WC everything. But I had to remove the hdd rack to get to the release button on the bottom card, then had to hold the bottom one down so I can hit the pci release on the top card. It is very crampt in there....
Also, for those who dont buy evga cards, they have a 90 day (from date of purchase) set up program. So say for instance, the GTX790 (or 690) comes out by early march, I pay the difference in price and get to upgrade from these babies. Plus, lifetime warranty even if i watercool which is awesome.
But a single 590 idles 43C and max load 75C, which really isnt that bad (Fan on auto) ^__^

just an observation, maybe you should put a 1/4 inch tall none conductive foam tape near the power plugs of the bottom gpu to jack up the top gpu? will provide slightly better air cooling for the bottom card and the top card wouldn't look like it's sagging alittle.

still amazing to see how much horsepower can be stuffed into a tiny case like that:D
post #682 of 7171
poot1234 & CrackHeadKid , I would like let you guys know, your video cards sli get too hot, then the GPU case cover itself will melt a little bit without predictable. that's what happened to my sli gpu. no big deal..
Edited by GAMERIG - 12/29/11 at 10:53pm
SCYTHE COOLER
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-6200BE 3.8Ghz MSI 970A-G46 SLI | GTS 250 1GB 16GB DDR3 RAM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
3TB | 2TB | HW NB-500GB  ASHURA-HSF | 2X14CM | PnP Win8 64bit |  
MonitorPowerCase
LG 60LN5600 | 1080p Corsair 1000w HAF X 
  hide details  
Reply
SCYTHE COOLER
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-6200BE 3.8Ghz MSI 970A-G46 SLI | GTS 250 1GB 16GB DDR3 RAM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
3TB | 2TB | HW NB-500GB  ASHURA-HSF | 2X14CM | PnP Win8 64bit |  
MonitorPowerCase
LG 60LN5600 | 1080p Corsair 1000w HAF X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #683 of 7171
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyclum View Post

just an observation, maybe you should put a 1/4 inch tall none conductive foam tape near the power plugs of the bottom gpu to jack up the top gpu? will provide slightly better air cooling for the bottom card and the top card wouldn't look like it's sagging alittle.
still amazing to see how much horsepower can be stuffed into a tiny case like that:D

Since I put noise dampening foam on the bottom of the case the HDD rack is higher than it was originally. Which caused the GPU support mount on the top of the cage to push the bottom card up more than it would normally. So I put an insulated foam pad where that support thing would be normally (came in the box with the case). That is why the top car appears to be sagging. To be honest, the backplate on the cards is so rigid that they hold themselves up without any of wear and tear on the pci port. but that simple mod made it much better. I am going to 'hang' a 120mm fan in the middle of the cards and force feed them air...the trouble is getting that fan connected to the motherboard...I cant even see the motherboard anymore.

But I am going to use your suggestion plus the 120mm fan to see how the temps look. Sigh back to modding.
post #684 of 7171
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBarbarian View Post

Crackheadkid... your a madcap! LOL..AWESOME man! thumb.gif
I bought a gtx580 yesterday..hope to get it tomorrow.. w00t..to upgrade my reused gts250... biggrin.gif
Im also thinking about some sort of fan config for additional venting case heat.... its the MSI Artic frozr , and for the most part, its heat will stay in the case... thinking like like maybe building something with a 40mm or two to fit in the top unused PCI slots...
or maybe this can be mounted on a PCI slot? or the small grate area to the right of the pci slots? Silverstone funky fan

If you are using the stock 180mm air penetrator fan...you should not be worried about heat. That plus a 120 is recommended for a 'mid range system' according to silverstone.

I have slower 180mm fans in mine (25cm thick rather than 35cm thick so i can fit my 11in GPUs) 700rpm rather than 1100rpm, that they still push air through all the vents in my case, and that was even before I used up all the expansion bays with videocards.

I recommend you:
Install a nice 120mm exhaust fan. I am using the Noctua NF-P12-1300, which are pretty silent even with the push pull config through my corsair H80
keep the 180mm on low
and you can try putting your PSU fan down and use it to exhaust air out the top of the case.
you can block off sections of the case with no components. so you dont waste your air flow.

I think you should try that before you buy that funky Silverstone air circulator, because that will just upset the air flow in the case and destroy the cooling performance built in.
post #685 of 7171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackheadkid View Post

If you are using the stock 180mm air penetrator fan...you should not be worried about heat. That plus a 120 is recommended for a 'mid range system' according to silverstone.
I have slower 180mm fans in mine (25cm thick rather than 35cm thick so i can fit my 11in GPUs) 700rpm rather than 1100rpm, that they still push air through all the vents in my case, and that was even before I used up all the expansion bays with videocards.
I recommend you:
Install a nice 120mm exhaust fan. I am using the Noctua NF-P12-1300, which are pretty silent even with the push pull config through my corsair H80
keep the 180mm on low
and you can try putting your PSU fan down and use it to exhaust air out the top of the case.
you can block off sections of the case with no components. so you dont waste your air flow.
I think you should try that before you buy that funky Silverstone air circulator, because that will just upset the air flow in the case and destroy the cooling performance built in.

Thanks Brother..

Ya, I am still using the AP181.. on high switch setting, but allowing it to be controlled in the bios..which lowers its speeds unless cranked..
I did buy and have the Phobya 180..just in case..but the sound on the stock AP181 is no issue where the case sits below my desk... so I didnt use the phobya..

As far as using a 120 somewhere.. I have the H80 with push / pull inside..so..that is actually 2 120's venting out... but..ya..

that SS funky fan I linked will not be the solution. So, its either a PCI type solution.. like one of these.. PCI Slot Fans for venting on Newegg

Or maybe a mod... dremel out a hole on the side and mount a 120? although the dangling wire would be a pita when opening the case.. plus noise / vibration may be a issue with that... and heck..maybe I wont need anything anyways..just need to wait and see once I get mah 580! w00t..should be here tomorrow...

the PSU option probably wont help..its a Seasonic..and the fan is so passive..it rarely even comes on...

started playing SWTOR last night..the gts250..aint cuttin it ..
Edited by XBarbarian - 12/30/11 at 7:29am
XBarbarian's Toy
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K Maximus IV GENE-Z MSI N580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 580 (F... CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) lp 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 256 SSD Asus DVD Corsair H80 Win 7 x64 Ultimate 
MonitorPowerCase
Westy 37" SeaSonic 750x Silverstone TJ08-E 
  hide details  
Reply
XBarbarian's Toy
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K Maximus IV GENE-Z MSI N580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 580 (F... CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) lp 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 256 SSD Asus DVD Corsair H80 Win 7 x64 Ultimate 
MonitorPowerCase
Westy 37" SeaSonic 750x Silverstone TJ08-E 
  hide details  
Reply
post #686 of 7171
why am I not in club already? http://tmaven.rajce.idnes.cz/SilverStone_TJ08B-E/ !!! smile.gif
post #687 of 7171
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBarbarian View Post

Ya, I am still using the AP181.. on high switch setting, but allowing it to be controlled in the bios..which lowers its speeds unless cranked..
I did buy and have the Phobya 180..just in case..but the sound on the stock AP181 is no issue where the case sits below my desk... so I didnt use the phobya.. .
Interesting, i couldnt manage the AP181 with the GeneZ, if i remember correctly was either 1300 all full, 900 with the switch on low, 300rpm in bios (dont remember what setting i used), but 300rpm was too low, i wanted around 600rpm, i tried the bios a lot of thing... but i coudlnt control the 3pin, im guessing you can with the Fan Xpert (never really tried it), but ended up adding a Zalaman fanmate, and its running now at 600rpm where i find it decent both cooling and noise.

Btw what speed is your running and what settings on the bios you used? are you using Asus AI Suite / Fan Xpert?
GameMi
(14 items)
 
ServeMi
(15 items)
 
MiniMi
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1230 SUPERMICRO MBD-X9SCM-F-O Matrox G200eW Kingston 4GB ECC DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
8x Hitachi 5K3000 2TB + 6x Samsung HD154UI 1.5TB Thermalright AXP-140 WHSv1 Antec CP-850 
CaseOther
Antec 1200 + 4x Cooler Master 4 in 3 2x Intel SASUC8I 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3-2100T Intel DH61DLB3 Intel HD2000 Kingston HyperX LoVo 4GB DDR1333 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Hitachi 5K500B Thermalright HR02 Windows 7 HP picoPSU 150XT 
Case
Lian Li Q08 
  hide details  
Reply
GameMi
(14 items)
 
ServeMi
(15 items)
 
MiniMi
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1230 SUPERMICRO MBD-X9SCM-F-O Matrox G200eW Kingston 4GB ECC DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
8x Hitachi 5K3000 2TB + 6x Samsung HD154UI 1.5TB Thermalright AXP-140 WHSv1 Antec CP-850 
CaseOther
Antec 1200 + 4x Cooler Master 4 in 3 2x Intel SASUC8I 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3-2100T Intel DH61DLB3 Intel HD2000 Kingston HyperX LoVo 4GB DDR1333 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Hitachi 5K500B Thermalright HR02 Windows 7 HP picoPSU 150XT 
Case
Lian Li Q08 
  hide details  
Reply
post #688 of 7171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abula View Post

Interesting, i couldnt manage the AP181 with the GeneZ, if i remember correctly was either 1300 all full, 900 with the switch on low, 300rpm in bios (dont remember what setting i used), but 300rpm was too low, i wanted around 600rpm, i tried the bios a lot of thing... but i coudlnt control the 3pin, im guessing you can with the Fan Xpert (never really tried it), but ended up adding a Zalaman fanmate, and its running now at 600rpm where i find it decent both cooling and noise.
Btw what speed is your running and what settings on the bios you used? are you using Asus AI Suite / Fan Xpert?

I uninstalled the AI Suite...

I used the Fan menu..I think Main page in bios.. I think I just enabled the 2 fan parts.. Q fan.. and something else..dont remember....but same screen as Q fan

so..the AP181 shows at generally 600rpm in HWMonitor at idle..
XBarbarian's Toy
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K Maximus IV GENE-Z MSI N580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 580 (F... CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) lp 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 256 SSD Asus DVD Corsair H80 Win 7 x64 Ultimate 
MonitorPowerCase
Westy 37" SeaSonic 750x Silverstone TJ08-E 
  hide details  
Reply
XBarbarian's Toy
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K Maximus IV GENE-Z MSI N580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 580 (F... CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) lp 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 256 SSD Asus DVD Corsair H80 Win 7 x64 Ultimate 
MonitorPowerCase
Westy 37" SeaSonic 750x Silverstone TJ08-E 
  hide details  
Reply
post #689 of 7171
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBarbarian View Post

I uninstalled the AI Suite...
I used the Fan menu..I think Main page in bios.. I think I just enabled the 2 fan parts.. Q fan.. and something else..dont remember....but same screen as Q fan
so..the AP181 shows at generally 600rpm in HWMonitor at idle..

Thanks for the info, ill give a shot to see. Btw what bios you have running? and does the fan ramp up with temperture?
Edited by Abula - 12/30/11 at 11:52am
GameMi
(14 items)
 
ServeMi
(15 items)
 
MiniMi
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1230 SUPERMICRO MBD-X9SCM-F-O Matrox G200eW Kingston 4GB ECC DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
8x Hitachi 5K3000 2TB + 6x Samsung HD154UI 1.5TB Thermalright AXP-140 WHSv1 Antec CP-850 
CaseOther
Antec 1200 + 4x Cooler Master 4 in 3 2x Intel SASUC8I 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3-2100T Intel DH61DLB3 Intel HD2000 Kingston HyperX LoVo 4GB DDR1333 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Hitachi 5K500B Thermalright HR02 Windows 7 HP picoPSU 150XT 
Case
Lian Li Q08 
  hide details  
Reply
GameMi
(14 items)
 
ServeMi
(15 items)
 
MiniMi
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1230 SUPERMICRO MBD-X9SCM-F-O Matrox G200eW Kingston 4GB ECC DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
8x Hitachi 5K3000 2TB + 6x Samsung HD154UI 1.5TB Thermalright AXP-140 WHSv1 Antec CP-850 
CaseOther
Antec 1200 + 4x Cooler Master 4 in 3 2x Intel SASUC8I 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3-2100T Intel DH61DLB3 Intel HD2000 Kingston HyperX LoVo 4GB DDR1333 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Hitachi 5K500B Thermalright HR02 Windows 7 HP picoPSU 150XT 
Case
Lian Li Q08 
  hide details  
Reply
post #690 of 7171
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBarbarian View Post

Thanks Brother..
Ya, I am still using the AP181.. on high switch setting, but allowing it to be controlled in the bios..which lowers its speeds unless cranked..
I did buy and have the Phobya 180..just in case..but the sound on the stock AP181 is no issue where the case sits below my desk... so I didnt use the phobya..
As far as using a 120 somewhere.. I have the H80 with push / pull inside..so..that is actually 2 120's venting out... but..ya..
that SS funky fan I linked will not be the solution. So, its either a PCI type solution.. like one of these.. PCI Slot Fans for venting on Newegg
Or maybe a mod... dremel out a hole on the side and mount a 120? although the dangling wire would be a pita when opening the case.. plus noise / vibration may be a issue with that... and heck..maybe I wont need anything anyways..just need to wait and see once I get mah 580! w00t..should be here tomorrow...
the PSU option probably wont help..its a Seasonic..and the fan is so passive..it rarely even comes on...
started playing SWTOR last night..the gts250..aint cuttin it ..

Oh sorry, I didnt even look at your config. I would hold on until you get the card in and running. My single 590 sits under 80C and those are supposed to run hot regardless.

I think it would be cool, if you mounted 2 120s or 2 140s right where the expansion bays are on the side panel with a quick disconnect (3-pin fan extension cord) for the fan power connectors near the back edge of the case.

GTS250 wow thats new! I was using 9800GTX+ SLI before GTX590...I know your pain in the worst way.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Silverstone TJ08-E Owners Club.