Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › good motherboard for i5 2500k?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

good motherboard for i5 2500k?

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
help me choose a good motherboard for i5 2500k

cpu:Intel Core i5 2500K
ram:G.Skill RipJawsX 4gb dual
hdd:WDC Caviar Black
Psu:500w upgraded later
Casing:Gigabyte (GZ-F2HAB) upgraded later

cant decide what to get

mb:

z68
Biostar TZ68A+ ----

ASRock Z68 Extreme4 $205
Asus P8Z68-V Pro $249

p67
Biostar TP67XE $140

*if p67 only
vc:Inno3d GF 210 1gb/128bit ddr2
Inno3d GT 220 1gb/128bit ddr2
Inno3d GT 220 1gb/128bit ddr3
Inno3d GT 240 1gb/128bit ddr2
Edited by mifero766 - 7/18/11 at 7:55am
post #2 of 13
All depends on how high you want to overclock and how big your wallet is

From what I know my p67 Sabertooth is one of the best overclockers out there, but it only has 8 + 2 phases, but the power is cleaner then most 20+ phase boards due to part quality

Just look up newegg, start at a price point and look at reviews and hunt around for things you will WANT for your system, not necessarily won't need
post #3 of 13
I'd personally go with teh Asus P8P67 pro. The extra cost of the Z68 boards isn't really justifyable.
post #4 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamisOMally View Post
All depends on how high you want to overclock and how big your wallet is

From what I know my p67 Sabertooth is one of the best overclockers out there, but it only has 8 + 2 phases, but the power is cleaner then most 20+ phase boards due to part quality

Just look up newegg, start at a price point and look at reviews and hunt around for things you will WANT for your system, not necessarily won't need
cant get the sabertooth because the price is too much here..
does low price boards can compete with midrange boards in overclocking? like biostar TP67XE vs Asus P8P67 Pro same with their z68 counterparts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by compuman145 View Post
I'd personally go with teh Asus P8P67 pro. The extra cost of the Z68 boards isn't really justifyable.
yeah considering of that because of oc, but having the igp will be good because i dont need high end graphics, if i can have decent price board and low graphics same to the price of Asus P8Z68-V Pro/ASRock Z68 Extreme4 why not...
post #5 of 13
Why are you going with an i5 2500k then? Could you not go with an i3?

Comps
post #6 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by compuman145 View Post
Why are you going with an i5 2500k then? Could you not go with an i3?

Comps
i wanted to have quad core for my virtual machine usage and some editing but my problem is the board is overpriced here if it is worth it then ok, i will sacrifice my case and psu for several months then upgrade them to continue to oc... that is my plan, is it good this way?

sample price here and it hurts because i want this board
ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z
$180 on newegg
$290 here and that is so sad...
Edited by mifero766 - 7/18/11 at 1:54am
post #7 of 13
Ah yeah,

Well, if you want me to be completely honest, an i7 would yeild even better results if you're running more than 3 VM's.

However, yes, I would still go with the P8P67 deluxe along with a low end GPU, something like the GT440 would be fine, however if you can push it to the GTS450 just for a bit of extra horsepower just in case that would be even better.

Comps
post #8 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by compuman145 View Post
Ah yeah,

Well, if you want me to be completely honest, an i7 would yeild even better results if you're running more than 3 VM's.

However, yes, I would still go with the P8P67 deluxe along with a low end GPU, something like the GT440 would be fine, however if you can push it to the GTS450 just for a bit of extra horsepower just in case that would be even better.

Comps
i5 will do the job for me... and i got a list of boards above based on prices here in my country

z68
Biostar TZ68A+ ----
ASRock Z68 Pro3 $146

ASRock Z68 Extreme4 $205
Asus P8Z68-V Pro $249
Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 ----

p67
Biostar TP67XE $140

ASRock P67 Extreme4 $178
Asus P8P67 Pro $223
Gigabyte P67A-UD4 $240

the boards are overkill whats the best recommendation here?
post #9 of 13
Go with the p8p67 pro then
post #10 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by compuman145 View Post
Go with the p8p67 pro then
isnt Asus P8Z68-V Pro also a good choice? i think the difference of $26 will be good for the onboard gpu?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › good motherboard for i5 2500k?