Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Twin frozr 2 vs twin frozr 3 gtx 560 ti temps
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Twin frozr 2 vs twin frozr 3 gtx 560 ti temps - Page 2

post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by *AcidBath*;14269370 
IMO, SLI only makes sence if it's the ONLY way to get the performance you need (read: huge resolutions).
huh?

huge resolutions requires more memory.. SLI doesnt increase VRAM..
yunojelly
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
2600K P8P67 EVO GTX Titan 560 Ti GE 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB 1600/CL8 64GB C300 RAID0 128GB M4 256GB M4 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
NH-D14 Windows 8 Pro VP2770-LED 850AX 
Case
PCV1020B 
  hide details  
Reply
yunojelly
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
2600K P8P67 EVO GTX Titan 560 Ti GE 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB 1600/CL8 64GB C300 RAID0 128GB M4 256GB M4 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
NH-D14 Windows 8 Pro VP2770-LED 850AX 
Case
PCV1020B 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 16
Thread Starter 
ok...

I've got one last question:

if you're ambient temp rises from let's say 22° to 25°, will the GPU load temperature rise from let's say 70° to 73° or is that a false conclusion? Will it be more likely something like:

22° to 25° & 70° & 76°?
post #13 of 16
I went with the TFII based on the widely proven fact that it is cooler than its successor.
Cerberus
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) Gigabyte GTX 1060 OC Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung F3 Samsung 840 EVO Corsair H50 Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Samsung PX2370 Acer XB270HU Samsung PX2370 Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair RM550 Corsair 650D Logitech G502 Custom 
AudioAudioAudio
Astro A50 Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 AudioTechnica ATH-M50 
  hide details  
Reply
Cerberus
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) Gigabyte GTX 1060 OC Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung F3 Samsung 840 EVO Corsair H50 Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Samsung PX2370 Acer XB270HU Samsung PX2370 Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair RM550 Corsair 650D Logitech G502 Custom 
AudioAudioAudio
Astro A50 Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 AudioTechnica ATH-M50 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullTrail View Post
I went with the TFII based on the widely proven fact that it is cooler than its successor.
Depends on the setup, my Hawk doesn't go above 66c at full load with terrible case ventilation. It's also significantly OC'd which makes it more impressive.

I also remove unused schims from my case, I've never known anyone else that does this, it seems to help.

The fans do push 20% more air and it is loud at full load, but, I use headphones.
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dealio View Post
huh?

huge resolutions requires more memory.. SLI doesnt increase VRAM..
That's not my point. Driving multi montior setups require raw power and as you point out, generous amounts of VRAM per card (1.5BG or more). For standard HD res, single card solutions are a far better choice, IMO of course. But then again if bench results and crazy high FPS are what matter most, have at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameDB View Post
ok...

I've got one last question:

if you're ambient temp rises from let's say 22° to 25°, will the GPU load temperature rise from let's say 70° to 73° or is that a false conclusion? Will it be more likely something like:

22° to 25° & 70° & 76°?
You are correct: Room temp will raise operating temps. Hitting operating temps of ~80c are not really a problem if your room temps approach 30c or higher. But if your operating temps are that high with room temps in the low 20s, you've got a problem.
Edited by *AcidBath* - 7/19/11 at 12:44pm
post #16 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascii Aficionado View Post
Depends on the setup, my Hawk doesn't go above 66c at full load with terrible case ventilation. It's also significantly OC'd which makes it more impressive.

I also remove unused schims from my case, I've never known anyone else that does this, it seems to help.

The fans do push 20% more air and it is loud at full load, but, I use headphones.
can you tell me your ambient temperature. And what case airflow exactly are you using? what do you mean with full load?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Twin frozr 2 vs twin frozr 3 gtx 560 ti temps