Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › Gaming headset
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaming headset - Page 2

post #11 of 19
How much would it cost for you to get HD555s? JVC RX900s?
post #12 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzon View Post
How much would it cost for you to get HD555s? JVC RX900s?
HD555s: 800 NOK ~ 145 USD
JVC : N/A

But i can import them
Acer Aspire 5553g
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PHII X4 N930 (2.0 GHz) Acer JV51_DN Radeon 5650M 6 GB @ 1333 
Hard DriveOS
Toshiba 640 GB Windows 7 ||| Chakra Linux  
  hide details  
Reply
Acer Aspire 5553g
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PHII X4 N930 (2.0 GHz) Acer JV51_DN Radeon 5650M 6 GB @ 1333 
Hard DriveOS
Toshiba 640 GB Windows 7 ||| Chakra Linux  
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneezemeat View Post
HD555s: 800 NOK ~ 145 USD
JVC : N/A

But i can import them
Honestly the 555s are the best deal I've seen so far for you. They're very highly recommended and popular for gaming headphones, and for almost $100 less than AD700 they're certainly worth it.
post #14 of 19
Aren't there any decent $20-$50 headsets out there?
The War Machine
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4790k Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5 MSI 980 ti 6G 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel SSD 480GB Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 64 bit 39" 1920x1080 
PowerCase
EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650 Fractal Design Define R5 
  hide details  
Reply
The War Machine
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4790k Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5 MSI 980 ti 6G 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel SSD 480GB Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 64 bit 39" 1920x1080 
PowerCase
EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650 Fractal Design Define R5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by razaice View Post
Aren't there any decent $20-$50 headsets out there?
Not really. Headsets are almost always overpriced as it is, so for a budget as low as $50 you're really shooting yourself in the foot. For that price range, grab some JVC RX700s.
post #16 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzon View Post
Honestly the 555s are the best deal I've seen so far for you. They're very highly recommended and popular for gaming headphones, and for almost $100 less than AD700 they're certainly worth it.
I can get AD700+Zalman mic for 100 $ on Amazon, so what would be best between that and the 555s?
Acer Aspire 5553g
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PHII X4 N930 (2.0 GHz) Acer JV51_DN Radeon 5650M 6 GB @ 1333 
Hard DriveOS
Toshiba 640 GB Windows 7 ||| Chakra Linux  
  hide details  
Reply
Acer Aspire 5553g
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PHII X4 N930 (2.0 GHz) Acer JV51_DN Radeon 5650M 6 GB @ 1333 
Hard DriveOS
Toshiba 640 GB Windows 7 ||| Chakra Linux  
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneezemeat View Post
I can get AD700+Zalman mic for 100 $ on Amazon, so what would be best between that and the 555s?
For strictly gaming the AD700 are probably better, because they have a wider soundstage. They're also a little more comfortable. Personally I prefer the Sennheiser sound; I find it has a little bit more bass, and I prefer the midrange. The AD700s sound a bit bright to me. That said, many prefer the Audio Technica sound. But again, for strictly gaming the AD700s are the way to go.
post #18 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzon View Post
For strictly gaming the AD700 are probably better, because they have a wider soundstage. They're also a little more comfortable. Personally I prefer the Sennheiser sound; I find it has a little bit more bass, and I prefer the midrange. The AD700s sound a bit bright to me. That said, many prefer the Audio Technica sound. But again, for strictly gaming the AD700s are the way to go.
I think I'll get the AD700s becuase the wider soundstage will help alot in FPSs , but thanks for your recommendations and advice +rep
Acer Aspire 5553g
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PHII X4 N930 (2.0 GHz) Acer JV51_DN Radeon 5650M 6 GB @ 1333 
Hard DriveOS
Toshiba 640 GB Windows 7 ||| Chakra Linux  
  hide details  
Reply
Acer Aspire 5553g
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PHII X4 N930 (2.0 GHz) Acer JV51_DN Radeon 5650M 6 GB @ 1333 
Hard DriveOS
Toshiba 640 GB Windows 7 ||| Chakra Linux  
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 19
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Cards and Computer Audio
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › Gaming headset