Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Laptops and Netbooks › Need a laptop around 1800-2200 dollars
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need a laptop around 1800-2200 dollars  

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
Hello OCN! Im looking for a laptop that has a 6990m in it. Im in America.
I care for performance more then looks.
I dont need a desktop! Dont mention anything about it! I know they are better, but I need gaming on the go.

Thanks for any and all help on my hunt
Edited by False Idol - 7/19/11 at 1:48am
post #2 of 18
wow,

Comes across as rude and arrogant, your price range isn't even close for what you want. Try adding another $400 and you might get something close to what you're asking for.

try www.eurocom.com and the alienware M18X

Comps
Edited by compuman145 - 7/19/11 at 1:30am
post #3 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by False Idol View Post
I want a laptop that has a 6990m in it. Im in America.
I care for performance more then looks.
I dont need a desktop! Dont mention anything about it! I know they are better, but I need gaming on the go.
Where at in America? Canada, Mexico, US?

I'll go ahead and assume you're mexican
Cashcow
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 955 | C3 | 4GHz MSI | 790FX | GD70 MSI | GTX570 1.25GB G.Skill | Ripjaws | 4GB | 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
60GB Corsair F3 | Caviar Black1TB Lite-On | Blu-Ray Windows | 7 | Ultimate Sony Bravia | EX500 46" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Corsair | TX650W Corsair Obsidian | 800D Razer Death Adder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
1.2GHz Exynos SoC Mali-400 MP 1GB 16GB Flash storage 
OSMonitorPower
Android 3.2.7 (CriskelloROM Variant)  4.3" Super AMOLED+ Display 1650ma Battery 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5-2557M Dual-core 1.7ghz Intel HD3000 386mb 4G 1333mhz 128gb Intel SSD 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Mac OSX Lion 13.3" 1440x900 LED Backlit  Unibody  
  hide details  
Cashcow
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 955 | C3 | 4GHz MSI | 790FX | GD70 MSI | GTX570 1.25GB G.Skill | Ripjaws | 4GB | 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
60GB Corsair F3 | Caviar Black1TB Lite-On | Blu-Ray Windows | 7 | Ultimate Sony Bravia | EX500 46" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Corsair | TX650W Corsair Obsidian | 800D Razer Death Adder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
1.2GHz Exynos SoC Mali-400 MP 1GB 16GB Flash storage 
OSMonitorPower
Android 3.2.7 (CriskelloROM Variant)  4.3" Super AMOLED+ Display 1650ma Battery 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5-2557M Dual-core 1.7ghz Intel HD3000 386mb 4G 1333mhz 128gb Intel SSD 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Mac OSX Lion 13.3" 1440x900 LED Backlit  Unibody  
  hide details  
post #4 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by compuman145 View Post
wow,

Comes across as rude and arrogant, your price range isn't even close for what you want. Try adding another $400 and you might get something close to what you're asking for.

try www.eurocom.com and the alienware M18X

Comps
Im sorry for sounding rude, I didn't mean to Im sorry Compuman145
And I dont think another 400 dollars is required. I found that the Alienware m17 has a 6990m around 1800 dollars.
Im just seeing if I can find a better brand or deal.
post #5 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by False Idol View Post
Im sorry for sounding rude, I didn't mean to Im sorry Compuman145
And I dont think another 400 dollars is required. I found that the Alienware m17 has a 6990m around 1800 dollars.
Im just seeing if I can find a better brand or deal.
If you can wait a month then I would go with Sager. They will be selling laptops with 6990m's soon. If you can't wait, just go for some disgusting American company like Dell.

I heard Eurocom makes pretty nice laptops as well, and I believe they have a model which supports the 6990m.
post #6 of 18
It's ok, but it was very abrupt and kinda rude.

ok so, you've seen teh M17. I've just gone through and spec'ed what I would have considered a nice setup. The M17 doesn't come with a 1080p screen, that's an extra $150. Selecting the 6990 adds another 300 and I also went with an additional 2Gb of memory for another $60 for a total of 8GB.

Now this setup doesn't have an SSD but instead has RAID0 640gb drives. TBH I would fork out the extra money for an SSD as well.

If you're running a 6990, you want a 1080p screen without fail. You'll just not be justifying the 6990 in the first place if you don't. I got this laptop for $2300

Comps
post #7 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by compuman145 View Post
It's ok, but it was very abrupt and kinda rude.

ok so, you've seen teh M17. I've just gone through and spec'ed what I would have considered a nice setup. The M17 doesn't come with a 1080p screen, that's an extra $150. Selecting the 6990 adds another 300 and I also went with an additional 2Gb of memory for another $60 for a total of 8GB.

Now this setup doesn't have an SSD but instead has RAID0 640gb drives. TBH I would fork out the extra money for an SSD as well.

If you're running a 6990, you want a 1080p screen without fail. You'll just not be justifying the 6990 in the first place if you don't. I got this laptop for $2300

Comps
Alright, I looked and I can save 120 dollars if If go with 4gb. Then I will buy 8gb of ram off of Newegg for about 50-60 dollars and sell the 4gb on ebay or something.


P.s I looked back at that post, and i edited it. I was rushing to type and made a very low quality post. Sorry to everyone for such a poor start on this forum.
post #8 of 18
That's a better start

First impressions count, you realise the second you open up that laptop to replace the memory your warranty will be void. Also, you need laptop memory and not desktop memory, I doubt you can get 8Gb of laptop memory for $60. Can you link it for me please.

EDIT - apprently you can, I'm just looking at it now on newegg. The other thing is do you want good quality memory or just crap to get it working?

C
Edited by compuman145 - 7/19/11 at 1:55am
post #9 of 18
Thread Starter 
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...laptop&x=0&y=0

I have plenty of choices
I just want the ram to be ateast 1600mhz. That is plenty and Im looking at a nice G Skill kit that is about 70 dollars. still cheaper then Alienware and is faster too.

http://www.alienware.com/purchase/warranty.aspx
Supposedly they just dont cover 3rd party parts. I think I should call them though just to be sure on this.
Edited by False Idol - 7/19/11 at 2:02am
post #10 of 18
I was looking at the kingston hyperx

But find out if it's 200 pin or 204 pin memory they use.

Comps
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Laptops and Netbooks
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Laptops and Netbooks › Need a laptop around 1800-2200 dollars