Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Already own the GTX 560TI but...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Already own the GTX 560TI but... - Page 2

post #11 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx-jose View Post
here is crysis warhead with GTX 560 ti's in SLI VS a GTX580

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/review...s-gtx-580.html

And here is a vid of the SLI GTX 560 ti vs the CF 6950 bu they include a GTX 580 in their testing. just fast froward to the graphs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yESeP_27cqo

EDIT: What Power supply do you have??
read my first post in regards to power supply
post #12 of 17
Thread Starter 
so would my power supply be enough for another 560TI or completley swap out for a 580?
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascii Aficionado View Post
A 1gb 560 Ti will be sufficient with a single 1080p display, there will be framebuffer issues with games like GTA4, Metro, Crysis 2 DX11, etc..

I expect great BF3 performance, but, I doubt 1 560 Ti will allow me to max the game and maintain 45+ fps.
A single 1GB GTX 560 Ti isn't enough for most games at 1080p. Heck, at my native resolution my GTX 460m runs AvP and Crysis with around 1.2GB used of the full 1.5GB Vram on my GPU. At 1080p, I doubt that a single gig of Vram is sufficient anymore. This is especially the case with games that use DX11 as the primary driving force in the engine. The results of Crysis 2 running in DX11 show that 1GB of Vram isn't enough at 1080p anyway.

Aside from that. I would never buy a 1GB card in this time anyhow. Those days are over with. Primarily due to the constant upgrades to Eyefinity and Nvidia Surround on this site. Getting a 2GB card would eliminate any real problems you may encounter along those lines. It's a better investment overall.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-6300HQ Dell Proprietary 4GB Nvidia GTX 960M Samsung 12GB (1x8GB 1x4GB) DDR3L 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
256GB SanDisk M.2 SSD 1TB HGST 7.2k HDD Custom Cooling by Dell Solutions Windows 10 Home 64-Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
15.6" 1920x1080 IPS Screen Dell 130w PSU Logitech G602 Wireless 
Mouse Pad
Xtrac 'Ripper' Mouse Pad 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2760QM Toshiba Qosmio X775 Nvidia 1.5GB GTX 560M 8GB DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120GB Samsung 830 SSD + 1TB HGST 7200RPM HDD CD/DVD-RW Stock Windows 10 Home 64-Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
17.3" - 1600x900 Standard backlit 180w Power Adapter Logitech G500s 
Audio
Harmon/Kardon Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-6300HQ Dell Proprietary 4GB Nvidia GTX 960M Samsung 12GB (1x8GB 1x4GB) DDR3L 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
256GB SanDisk M.2 SSD 1TB HGST 7.2k HDD Custom Cooling by Dell Solutions Windows 10 Home 64-Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
15.6" 1920x1080 IPS Screen Dell 130w PSU Logitech G602 Wireless 
Mouse Pad
Xtrac 'Ripper' Mouse Pad 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2760QM Toshiba Qosmio X775 Nvidia 1.5GB GTX 560M 8GB DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120GB Samsung 830 SSD + 1TB HGST 7200RPM HDD CD/DVD-RW Stock Windows 10 Home 64-Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
17.3" - 1600x900 Standard backlit 180w Power Adapter Logitech G500s 
Audio
Harmon/Kardon Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 17
At 1600x900 it should be able to max out all those games, especially with AA and AF limited or off.
Cerberus
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) Gigabyte GTX 1060 OC Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung F3 Samsung 840 EVO Corsair H50 Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Samsung PX2370 Acer XB270HU Samsung PX2370 Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair RM550 Corsair 650D Logitech G502 Custom 
AudioAudioAudio
Astro A50 Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 AudioTechnica ATH-M50 
  hide details  
Reply
Cerberus
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) Gigabyte GTX 1060 OC Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung F3 Samsung 840 EVO Corsair H50 Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Samsung PX2370 Acer XB270HU Samsung PX2370 Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair RM550 Corsair 650D Logitech G502 Custom 
AudioAudioAudio
Astro A50 Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 AudioTechnica ATH-M50 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imglidinhere View Post
A single 1GB GTX 560 Ti isn't enough for most games at 1080p. Heck, at my native resolution my GTX 460m runs AvP and Crysis with around 1.2GB used of the full 1.5GB Vram on my GPU. At 1080p, I doubt that a single gig of Vram is sufficient anymore. This is especially the case with games that use DX11 as the primary driving force in the engine. The results of Crysis 2 running in DX11 show that 1GB of Vram isn't enough at 1080p anyway.

Aside from that. I would never buy a 1GB card in this time anyhow. Those days are over with. Primarily due to the constant upgrades to Eyefinity and Nvidia Surround on this site. Getting a 2GB card would eliminate any real problems you may encounter along those lines. It's a better investment overall.
Those are the obvious exceptions, GTA4, Metro, Crysis 2 with the DX 11 patch and a few others.

But, it's still more than sufficient for basically everything else at 1080p with low-mid AA/Anisotropic.

A 2 GB solution in the 560 Ti series is only feasible if you SLI, any game that goes far past a 1GB framebuffer at 1080p would be too much for a single 560 Ti. And there are only 2 cards that offer a 2GB option in the 560 Ti series, the reference Palit card, and the new reference EVGA one. Even though the Palit one is reference, SLI would make that performance loss irrelevant and would be a great solution. Booty Warrior will obviously support this claim as well.

Granted, if there was a 1.5gb option in the 560 Ti series I think SLI would still be required.

I contemplated this when I was upgrading from my malfunctioning 9600 GT, I almost ended up getting 1 2GB Palit 560 Ti as I was worried about a 1gb framebuffer in Skyrim.
Edited by Ascii Aficionado - 7/20/11 at 5:12pm
post #16 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascii Aficionado View Post
Those are the obvious exceptions, GTA4, Metro, Crysis 2 with the DX 11 patch and a few others.

But, it's still more than sufficient for basically everything else at 1080p with low-mid AA/Anisotropic.

A 2 GB solution in the 560 Ti series is only feasible if you SLI, any game that goes far past a 1GB framebuffer at 1080p would be too much for a single 560 Ti. And there are only 2 cards that offer a 2GB option in the 560 Ti series, the reference Palit card, and the new reference EVGA one. Even though the Palit one is reference, SLI would make that performance loss irrelevant and would be a great solution. Booty Warrior will obviously support this claim as well.

Granted, if there was a 1.5gb option in the 560 Ti series I think SLI would still be required.

I contemplated this when I was upgrading from my malfunctioning 9600 GT, I almost ended up getting 1 2GB Palit 560 Ti as I was worried about a 1gb framebuffer in Skyrim.
yeah, i may be reading this wrong, but are you saying that even 2GB isn't enough in most cases at 1080p and up?

just say piss on it and get a 580 then?
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyRhythms View Post
yeah, i may be reading this wrong, but are you saying that even 2GB isn't enough in most cases at 1080p and up?

just say piss on it and get a 580 then?
Oh, no. I'm saying if you're playing a game at 1080p and it's going far past a 1GB framebuffer, a single 2GB 560 Ti would likely not have enough rendering power and SLI would be a better choice. Meaning games going far past a 1GB framebuffer without absurdly high AA/Anisotropic levels would likely require significantly more rendering power than a single 560 Ti, like Metro, Crysis 2, etc..

The downside to this would be if you already own a 560 TI and it's a 1GB model, you'd need to replace it with a 2GB model and obviously purchase another one.

I'm only talking about 1GB vs 2GB since the 560 Ti has no other option between those.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Already own the GTX 560TI but...