Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [MN] Turtle Beach Coming Out With Modern Warfare 3 Headsets.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[MN] Turtle Beach Coming Out With Modern Warfare 3 Headsets. - Page 22  

post #211 of 237
Nobody fighting here... I try to keep my debating reasonably clean.
post #212 of 237
Quote:
HAHA!!!11

[insert meme picture]
/PWNT
DERP DERP DERP.

^ How do I argue with this?


EDIT: Madman340, how do you like the new sig?
Edited by Narzon - 7/19/11 at 6:41pm
post #213 of 237
I don't particularly care. Now if you added my name to the quote I might care a little.

But then I'll stop caring shortly afterward.

Also, I don't remember making that post you quoted. Mine are clever. (The one in the post, not sig)
post #214 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman340 View Post
I don't particularly care. Now if you added my name to the quote I might care a little.

But then I'll stop caring shortly afterward.

Also, I don't remember making that post you quoted. Mine are clever. (The one in the post, not sig)
I didn't realize posting meme pictures and adding "DERP" was clever. My apologies. I always saw those as trademark "arguments" of 14 year old 4chan lurkers. I used to debate in High School, and I don't recall anyone ever standing up at the podium and screaming "DERP!"
post #215 of 237
So I guess your debates in high school (shouldn't be capitalized by the way) also consisted of not looking at what the other side has to say? That's an odd way to debate.

Anyway, I did a little bit of digging, and it looks like the forum you hold so high talks about soundstage as being more of an opinion of visualization of the instruments being played, and not as an effective alternative to virtual surround emulation for gaming.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/...-popular-terms

post #216 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman340 View Post
So I guess your debates in high school (shouldn't be capitalized by the way) also consisted of not looking at what the other side has to say? That's an odd way to debate.

Anyway, I did a little bit of digging, and it looks like the forum you hold so high talks about soundstage as being more of an opinion of visualization of the instruments being played, and not as an effective alternative to virtual surround emulation for gaming.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/...-popular-terms

Give me a break. Anyone who knows anything about audio knows that soundstage refers to the ability to identify the origins (distance/direction/position) of various sounds in a recording. Honestly, you're grasping at straws here. Soundstage isn't an alternative to surround emulation, surround emulation is an algorithm added onto existing soundstage. Didn't your friend try to insult me by saying that I was searching the web for ways to back up things I didn't know? Irony, huh.

EDIT:



DERPDERPDERP
post #217 of 237
I was actually just Google'ing headphone soundstage, and that was the first result.

Now THAT is ironic.

Anyway, you've still not proven my original question or provided a decent argument, so I don't see why you are still here. I'm not going to repeat either of them again though, because frankly I've reiterated them enough. If you can't grasp them yet I fear you won't be able to.
post #218 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman340 View Post
I was actually just Google'ing headphone soundstage, and that was the first result.

Now THAT is ironic.

Anyway, you've still not proven my original question or provided a decent argument, so I don't see why you are still here. I'm not going to repeat either of them again though, because frankly I've reiterated them enough. If you can't grasp them yet I fear you won't be able to.
Your links didn't refute anything at all. The soundstage is most often used to visualize instrument placement, and it's just as effective in gaming positioning. Again, if you ever went to an actual competitive gaming event, you'd see almost everyone has Sennheisers or Audio Technicas. Why are you even trying to argue sound with me? Your audio experience consists of a $60 Turtle Beach headset. You think soundstage is a result of software/fairies.
post #219 of 237
This is ten times worse than Fatality gear. It seems like the specs are decent, but if it was truly a good headset people wouldn't have to pay for the MW3 logo on it. Not interested.
Still pushing
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 E0 @ 4.32GHz 1.36v EVGA 750i FTW GTX470 765/1530/1848 (unlocked 465) OCZ Blade 9200LV @ 1080MHz 5-5-5-18-33 
OSMonitorPowerCase
XP 32bit /Win 7 64bit /Arch Linux Samsung PX2370 PCP&Cooling 610w Silencer piece of cardboard 
  hide details  
Still pushing
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 E0 @ 4.32GHz 1.36v EVGA 750i FTW GTX470 765/1530/1848 (unlocked 465) OCZ Blade 9200LV @ 1080MHz 5-5-5-18-33 
OSMonitorPowerCase
XP 32bit /Win 7 64bit /Arch Linux Samsung PX2370 PCP&Cooling 610w Silencer piece of cardboard 
  hide details  
post #220 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzon View Post
Your links didn't refute anything at all. The soundstage is most often used to visualize instrument placement, and it's just as effective in gaming positioning. Again, if you ever went to an actual competitive gaming event, you'd see almost everyone has Sennheisers or Audio Technicas. Why are you even trying to argue sound with me? Your audio experience consists of a $60 Turtle Beach headset. You think soundstage is a result of software/fairies.
Again, maybe you should go back and read where I wrote time after time after time what my argument was. It was never about what is the best for gaming. If you haven't realized this by now I'd be truly astounded.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [MN] Turtle Beach Coming Out With Modern Warfare 3 Headsets.