Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [MN] Turtle Beach Coming Out With Modern Warfare 3 Headsets.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[MN] Turtle Beach Coming Out With Modern Warfare 3 Headsets. - Page 10  

post #91 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1nUrThr3t View Post
Also your $150 prob don't have a mic and are still double of what the average gamer picks up from from TB, which is mainly their $60 set.
Yeah, they don't have a mic. Because everyone who knows anything about audio knows separate mic combo is 99% a much better deal.
post #92 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzon View Post
Ok, so the TB is more "convenient. The RX700 is 100x better in sound quality. Yeah. But keep the insults coming, they're great.
Do you have a pair of TB and the RX700?
Used and have both. They both serve their purpose, and that is to hear everything in the game. So buy 2 separate items to accomplish one job or buy something that gets the job done and is much more convenient.

BTW your argument is more from a PC gaming stand point. I dont know any person that buys TB for PC gaming. TB are aimed at console gamers.
post #93 of 237
Narzon, go ahead and find me a setup (headphones/mic/etc) that I might prefer for my 360 and we'll see how much it really costs if you want it to be comparable to my X11s.

Waiting.


Edit: Also, the sound quality for the mic on the X11's are actually not bad at all. Much better than stock/wireless mic for 360.
post #94 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzon View Post
Yeah, they don't have a mic. Because everyone who knows anything about audio knows separate mic combo is 99% a much better deal.
nobody stated that the quality is not better.
again your setup is not aimed at console gaming, cheap $60 TB are, and people will pay for them regardless of what pc gamers recommend as a setup.

Most people that game on consoles due so because of how convenient it is, so those people will more than likely purchase a cheap convenient headset setup.

having my headphones and mic while on gaming my pc are great, but not as convenient as the headset that i use with my console.
post #95 of 237
Who except deluded fanboys would buy this set? Seriously? Is there anything more than marketing to this product? Something like actual quality?

Usually I'd feel bad for saying that about a product. This time I do not. 300 frigging dollars.

On the current argument: The convenience argument really isn't going anywhere... What more you need to do with a clipon+headphones system is connect maybe 1 or 2 cables once and you're done. For that small 'inconvenience' you get sound quality that's miles better. And I really can't see how this is different on a console compared to a PC.
 
Benching
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 5960X @ 4.8GHz] [Rampage V Extreme] [Titan 1400MHz (1500MHz bench)] [Various] 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
[250GB 840EVO +2x SpinpointF3 1TB RAID0] [LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change] [XSPC X2O 750 pump/res] [Monsta 360 full copper + EK XT 360 + XT 240] 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
[Crossover 27Q LED-P 1440p+ASUS 1200p+LG 1080p] [Corsair AX1200] [Dimastech Easy v3.0] [Sennheiser HD558s] 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
FX 8320, FX 8350, Phenom II x2 555BE i7 3930K, i7 860, i7 4770K, 68x Celeron D CVF, commando, 2x RIVE, Z87X-OC Asus 4870x2, Sapphire 4870 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphics
2x 5870, 5850, 5830, 5770 2x 3870x2, 3870 GTX Titan, GTX 480, GTX 590 GTX 285, GTX 260, 4x 9800GT, 8800GTX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
4x4GB vengeance, 2x4GB predatorX, 2x1GB OCZ DDR2 Intel X25-M 80GB LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change OCN Marksman 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
2x old tek slims (GPU) Various watercooling stuff win7, winxp AX1200 
Case
test bench / cardboard box 
  hide details  
 
Benching
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 5960X @ 4.8GHz] [Rampage V Extreme] [Titan 1400MHz (1500MHz bench)] [Various] 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
[250GB 840EVO +2x SpinpointF3 1TB RAID0] [LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change] [XSPC X2O 750 pump/res] [Monsta 360 full copper + EK XT 360 + XT 240] 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
[Crossover 27Q LED-P 1440p+ASUS 1200p+LG 1080p] [Corsair AX1200] [Dimastech Easy v3.0] [Sennheiser HD558s] 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
FX 8320, FX 8350, Phenom II x2 555BE i7 3930K, i7 860, i7 4770K, 68x Celeron D CVF, commando, 2x RIVE, Z87X-OC Asus 4870x2, Sapphire 4870 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphics
2x 5870, 5850, 5830, 5770 2x 3870x2, 3870 GTX Titan, GTX 480, GTX 590 GTX 285, GTX 260, 4x 9800GT, 8800GTX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
4x4GB vengeance, 2x4GB predatorX, 2x1GB OCZ DDR2 Intel X25-M 80GB LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change OCN Marksman 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
2x old tek slims (GPU) Various watercooling stuff win7, winxp AX1200 
Case
test bench / cardboard box 
  hide details  
post #96 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatar View Post
Who except deluded fanboys would buy this set? Seriously? Is there anything more than marketing to this product? Something like actual quality?

Usually I'd feel bad for saying that about a product. This time I do not. 300 frigging dollars.

On the current argument: The convenience argument really isn't going anywhere... What more you need to do with a clipon+headphones system is connect maybe 1 or 2 cables once and you're done. For that small 'inconvenience' you get sound quality that's miles better. And I really can't see how this is different on a console compared to a PC.
Where do you expect me to plug in the mic cable on my 360? The USB slot? Then what do you expect me to do to get the virtual surround so I can pinpoint my enemy's locations via sound alone? If you plug a stereo headphone into a 360, no, a good sound stage alone will not be enough. Compare that to a pair of X11's and you'll never even consider going back to the mic + phones option for 360.

As far as the $300 option I agree that is overpriced, but so is any 'branded' PC accessory as well such as the SC peripherals.

Edit: Oh and what about the 3.5mm jack for the headphones themselves? It would have to plug into either the TV/DVD/etc or be USB for the 360.
Edited by Madman340 - 7/19/11 at 3:44pm
post #97 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1nUrThr3t View Post
nobody stated that the quality is not better.
again your setup is not aimed at console gaming, cheap $60 TB are, and people will pay for them regardless of what pc gamers recommend as a setup.

Most people that game on consoles due so because of how convenient it is, so those people will more than likely purchase a cheap convenient headset setup.

having my headphones and mic while on gaming my pc are great, but not as convenient as the headset that i use with my console.
Convenient? It costs $250 dollars more for the TB set. That is not convenient. As said before, mic and headphones separate are much cheaper and better sound quality. I think the 250 bucks is worth the 1 extra wire or adapter, and the 5 seconds of your time you will use to set it up.
post #98 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1nUrThr3t View Post
Do you have a pair of TB and the RX700?
Used and have both. They both serve their purpose, and that is to hear everything in the game. So buy 2 separate items to accomplish one job or buy something that gets the job done and is much more convenient.

BTW your argument is more from a PC gaming stand point. I dont know any person that buys TB for PC gaming. TB are aimed at console gamers.
Have two pairs of X1s I bought when I was ignorant. Both had their mic broken without any physical damage. Have heard the RX700/900, AD700s, and own the 595s.
Two items that are much cheaper, and better than 1 item outweigh the "convenience" of one item.
post #99 of 237
The X1/3's were pretty shoddy quality, I had them before my X11's but in buying the X11's I made a great choice. They've improved the quality drastically IMO.

My X3's broke in the plastic portion between the right headphone and head support.
post #100 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman340 View Post
Narzon, go ahead and find me a setup (headphones/mic/etc) that I might prefer for my 360 and we'll see how much it really costs if you want it to be comparable to my X11s.

Waiting.


Edit: Also, the sound quality for the mic on the X11's are actually not bad at all. Much better than stock/wireless mic for 360.
The stock mic on the TBs are exactly the same quality as the Xbox wired headset. Even the wireless headset is better. The RX700s are ~$35 and sound 100x better than your X11s. If you think an attached mic is worth $30, that's your problem.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [MN] Turtle Beach Coming Out With Modern Warfare 3 Headsets.