Overclock.net banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[MN] Turtle Beach Coming Out With Modern Warfare 3 Headsets.

7K views 236 replies 70 participants last post by  i_hax 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
Actually, turtle beach makes some great headsets; As far as aesthetic is concerned, I would consider buying this. For the color and functionality, though - not because it's branded MW3.

#8 ·
I have Turtle Beach X11s and I love them. There's only one complaint I have about them, and that is the sound leakage. They're not only headphones, but they're also speakers. There's no such thing as discreet gaming with those on.

#10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Dizzle;14268574
Actually, turtle beach makes some great headsets; As far as aesthetic is concerned, I would consider buying this. For the color and functionality, though - not because it's branded MW3.
Great headsets compared to what? $2 ear buds?

Turtle beaches are slain even in their own price range..come on now.

#11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahBlahBlah;14268737
Great headsets compared to what? $2 ear buds?

Turtle beaches are slain even in their own price range..come on now.
Ease up on the hate. Sales numbers speak for themselves.

Turtle beach makes a decent gaming headset.

If you're buying a turtle beach as an audiophile...you're an idiot.

tongue.gif

#12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Dizzle;14268750

tongue.gif
If you buy them at all you are making a mistake.

Sales numbers? Are you joking? Because so many people are wrong in their choice it must be right?

#16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahBlahBlah;14268810
If you buy them at all you are making a mistake.

Sales numbers? Are you joking? Because so many people are wrong in their choice it must be right?
Than again, you really have no right to hate on what people spend THEIR money on. So drop it.

#17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahBlahBlah;14268810
This
lachen.gif
By this logic, Justin Bieber is one of the greatest artists of all time if not THE greatest
tongue.gif

#19 ·
I've always been fond of their name, Turtle Beach, and their old logo.

tbs.gif

Don't know about their products, although I do have an old Montego A3DXStream. It's still working, which is always something.

#21 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Dizzle;14268750

tongue.gif
We've all seen how good marketing can bloat sales numbers more than quality products.

Turtle Beaches are considered average at lower price ranges and aren't really worth it at the high end ($300). Pair an Astro Mixamp with a Zalman mic and the headphones of your choice or just use Sennheiser PC-350s if you don't want a clip on. If you are going to only use it for the PC than go with a good soundcard rather than the Mixamp.

I'm just making suggestions, but the ultimate decision is yours.

#22 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeing Red;14269337
We've all seen how good marketing can bloat sales numbers more than quality products.

Turtle Beaches are considered average at lower price ranges and aren't really worth it at the high end ($300). Pair an Astro Mixamp with a Zalman mic and the headphones of your choice or just use Sennheiser PC-350s if you don't want a clip on. If you are going to only use it for the PC than go with a good soundcard rather than the Mixamp.

I'm just making suggestions, but the ultimate decision is yours.
Did the first thing with AD700s, never looked back.

#23 ·
Judging by the fact that this is a Turtle Beach gaming headset and that it is being endorsed by Modern Warfare 3 I am going to guess that this headset will have amazing sound quality for its price, and it'll really be the best deal for whatever amount it's going to sell for. Also, it will be geared for audiophiles and everyone at Head-Fi will be talking about it.

In all honesty.. at least it looks alright. Better than the old Turtle Beach white/grey scheme. Many people I know only really got into headset/headphone gaming because they saw a pair of Turtle Beaches in BestBuy and decided to try them out. Still, for the informed buyer.. stay clear.

#24 ·
Starting at $100 for Xbox/PS3, $130 for PC, and topping out at $300...

They really need to start thinking about the bottom line, because the COD enthusiasts who aren't playing on the pro circuit are the target, and are looking down the barrel of a $160-$360 game if they opt for this. Audio professionals or anyone looking for a good set of headphones isn't going to want something with obnoxious MW3 logos on it.

Not to mention the upcoming COD: Elite, which is pretty speculative at this point, but has been rumored that you won't get the full "Call of Duty experience" unless you pay for it, and not to mention future dlc packs... Call of Duty is quickly becoming the most expensive mass-produced game in the history of gaming.

#25 ·
I hope these become popular. I'll just lol and soundwhore the idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.