Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › XFX: Yet Another Warranty Denial
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

XFX: Yet Another Warranty Denial - Page 29

post #281 of 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by azianai View Post
for this thread, there are caps missing, how the hell does not effect performance?
It might not, we dont know because XFX didnt even check. Its the same as capacitors popping and the card still working for years. not everything on the card has to be there. I will concede that it prob killed the card. But for all we know, it could have been a bad contact on those capacitors that was causing the problem(ie they were loose) and shipping just made them fall off.
post #282 of 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post
This is incredible. You're saying the missing caps are alterations? And now there are people extorting the company on behalf of the OP, craziness. As if that would change the mind of the companies haters.

OP could have avoided this whole thing if he'd returned bad card like he stated it was from day 1. I still can't wrap my brain around that one.
Apparently, we're working on the XFX payroll now tsm.

and full disclosure: My cousin works for Nvidia, my uncle for AMD
I have 1 XFX component in my computer right now, and its my PSU.

i'm totally on the payroll.
post #283 of 440
Haven't read all the pages however they sent you the card with 2 less caps? I say go down to your local courthouse and file a civil lawsuit against them (it's $15 here in ny) and serve them with papers via certified mail. They might change their minds... Or at least work with you to avoid court. I mean they would spend at least $500 on lawyer fees just for a small claims court so.. why not just do the RMA... Companies really need to respect their customers.

I really don't get why the took off the OTHER capacitor to ship back to you. That's just weird.
Workoholic REborn
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K P8Z68-V PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 12GB 1x4GB+1x8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 520 Series WD Black ASUS DVD+RW Sunbeam Twister 120 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate LG OLED65C7P Oculus Rift Logitech K400 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 620 Modular Lian Li V1020B G9x 
  hide details  
Reply
Workoholic REborn
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K P8Z68-V PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 12GB 1x4GB+1x8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 520 Series WD Black ASUS DVD+RW Sunbeam Twister 120 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate LG OLED65C7P Oculus Rift Logitech K400 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 620 Modular Lian Li V1020B G9x 
  hide details  
Reply
post #284 of 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by azianai View Post
for this thread, there are caps missing/damaged, how the hell does not effect performance?

And for the residue thread, are we sure its manufacture residue? Could OP have accidentally done something else? Im just saying remember there are tons of people trying to process fraud claims to all these companies, they have to take all cases with scrutiny

Now maybe if people actually attempted to communicate and reason with the companies, they'll be more receptive to helping you.
If I was the owner of said company, throwing a tantrum on the internet doesn't want to make me want to help you further.

Btw try to file against XFX on the warranty act they're breaking. Im sure if they're breaking the laws, you can get a Class Action suit against them.
Obviously you dont read very well, XFX admitted it was residue left over after they got caught....bare i even mention that...nahh, ill save that for later. Lets just say XFX blames the customer for anything they can. After what i just heard about XFX and NCspec, i WILL NEVER buy XFX again, and i will make sure i will tell everyone about what i just found out by PM. This is pathetic.
post #285 of 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papas View Post
It might not, we dont know because XFX didnt even check. Its the same as capacitors popping and the card still working for years. not everything on the card has to be there. I will concede that it prob killed the card. But for all we know, it could have been a bad contact on those capacitors that was causing the problem(ie they were loose) and shipping just made them fall off.
Physical damage to hardware is most definitely valid for warranty denial. You're asking for a warranty service because the product has a defect, the manufacture cannot tell for sure if the defect is caused by the physical damage or not.

I can tell you no manufacture would replace the card if they received it in the condition XFX says with the caps damaged.
post #286 of 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGX1016 View Post
Haven't read all the pages however they sent you the card with 2 less caps? I say go down to your local courthouse and file a civil lawsuit against them (it's $15 here in ny) and serve them with papers via certified mail. They might change their minds... Or at least work with you to avoid court. I mean they would spend at least $500 on lawyer fees just for a small claims court so.. why not just do the RMA... Companies really need to respect their customers.

I really don't get why the took off the OTHER capacitor to ship back to you. That's just weird.
In order to fight it, they would have to fly someone there(about $500) or hire someone else locally to act as there attorney($500+). either way they loose.
post #287 of 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papas View Post
Obviously you dont read very well, XFX admitted it was residue left over after they got caught....bare i even mention that...nahh, ill save that for later. Lets just say XFX blames the customer for anything they can. After what i just heard about XFX and NCspec, i WILL NEVER buy XFX again, and i will make sure i will tell everyone about what i just found out by PM. This is pathetic.
Sure, work on that vendetta, i hope it serves you better than the MW2 boycott, or the apparent BF3 boycott that's gonna happen.

Sorry, i personally won't take your argument seriously mainly because you tried to argued a legal point and can't prove it. And now you're just gonna resort to slander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papas View Post
In order to fight it, they would have to fly someone there(about $500) or hire someone else locally to act as there attorney($500+). either way they loose.
Class action lawsuit, if its as clear as you say, it'll be fought by many law firms to take it

Anyway im done with work for the day, i will continue this convo tomorrow if you wish
post #288 of 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGX1016 View Post
Haven't read all the pages however they sent you the card with 2 less caps? I say go down to your local courthouse and file a civil lawsuit against them (it's $15 here in ny) and serve them with papers via certified mail. They might change their minds... Or at least work with you to avoid court. I mean they would spend at least $500 on lawyer fees just for a small claims court so.. why not just do the RMA... Companies really need to respect their customers.

I really don't get why the took off the OTHER capacitor to ship back to you. That's just weird.
That's a very easy option too. Besides that, OP could have returned the supposedly bad card the day after he got it, he'd have a replacement or a refund in 3 bizness days. He could have filed a claim with UPS, if he didn't do the damage and XFX says they didn't do the damage... seems obvious to me.
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #289 of 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven-1979 View Post
Send the OP a 6950 2gb
Getting a little specific there Steven?

Not to say there's sameperson going on ITT but still..

Personally I've never had a single hassle from EVGA on any RMA I've done with them.

Either way, considering the situation, particularly the reasonable proof of a physically undamaged card provided by the customer, XFX should have approved the RMA and still has the option to make things right(hint).
Nehalem
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.3GHz Evga X58 3SLI 2X SLI Evga GTX 275 FTWs 756/1620/1296 6GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHz 78720591T 
Hard DriveMonitorPower
OCZ Vertex2 60GB Sony FW900 Corsair 850TX 
  hide details  
Reply
Nehalem
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 @ 4.3GHz Evga X58 3SLI 2X SLI Evga GTX 275 FTWs 756/1620/1296 6GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHz 78720591T 
Hard DriveMonitorPower
OCZ Vertex2 60GB Sony FW900 Corsair 850TX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #290 of 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post
This is incredible. You're saying the missing caps are alterations? And now there are people extorting the company on behalf of the OP, craziness. As if that would change the mind of the companies haters.

OP could have avoided this whole thing if he'd returned bad card like he stated it was from day 1. I still can't wrap my brain around that one.



Was that a jab at Hami?
Partially, but mostly due to Top Gear UK
Sandy the waffle
(16 items)
 
Data server
(14 items)
 
HTPC
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3 eVGA GTX580 eVGA GTX580 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengence Samsung 840 Evo WD1001FALS Phobya UC-2 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 10 Pro 22" LG HX1000 Corsair 900D 
Mouse
DeathAdder 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 3220 S1200BTSR onboard KVR1333D3E9SK2/8G 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Patriot Inferno 60gb 8x WD5002ALX 4x ST2000DM001 2x WD10EALS 2x WD10EARS 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WD5000AAKS Windows Server 2008 R2 Antec TP550 RPC-4116 
OtherOther
Areca ARC-1222 Dell Perc5/i 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 Gigabyte H55N-USB3 Asus 5770 Direct CU II 8GB Kingston HyperX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
250GB Momentus XT Accelero S1 Plus Windows 7 SilverStone ST45SF 
Case
Silverstone FT03B-MINI 
  hide details  
Reply
Sandy the waffle
(16 items)
 
Data server
(14 items)
 
HTPC
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3 eVGA GTX580 eVGA GTX580 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengence Samsung 840 Evo WD1001FALS Phobya UC-2 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 10 Pro 22" LG HX1000 Corsair 900D 
Mouse
DeathAdder 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 3220 S1200BTSR onboard KVR1333D3E9SK2/8G 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Patriot Inferno 60gb 8x WD5002ALX 4x ST2000DM001 2x WD10EALS 2x WD10EARS 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WD5000AAKS Windows Server 2008 R2 Antec TP550 RPC-4116 
OtherOther
Areca ARC-1222 Dell Perc5/i 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 Gigabyte H55N-USB3 Asus 5770 Direct CU II 8GB Kingston HyperX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
250GB Momentus XT Accelero S1 Plus Windows 7 SilverStone ST45SF 
Case
Silverstone FT03B-MINI 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › XFX: Yet Another Warranty Denial