Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › XFX: Yet Another Warranty Denial
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

XFX: Yet Another Warranty Denial - Page 4

post #31 of 440
Yes contacting the BBB will work, they will at least put some pressure on XFX if the card was truly undamaged when you packaged it. Post the pictures already.
post #32 of 440
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radius Kid View Post
Was the card a refurb' when you bought it?
It was brand new. I will screenshot the order confirmation as well.
post #33 of 440
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post
If people want reliable card then stick to reference. No matter what happens if a reference card goes bad sellers like XFX blame AMD but if a non-reference goes bad which most likely does they blame it on you. Also getting non-reference cheap card like HD 5830 is asking for trouble. They are designed to work in the cheapest way possible.
I will keep that in mind, but I really am/was in no situation to juggle between +/- $20 for the "same" performance. I'll look lower, I suppose.
post #34 of 440
the metal bracket used to screw in the card on my evga card came bent up , i could only do one of the holding screws cause of that. I hope evga doesn't try and back out on the warranty if my 580 goes out one day because the metal is bent lol.
Kara
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k Asus Maximus Hero VIII ASUS Strix 980 TI GSKILL Ripjaws V (2X8 gb) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston Hyper X Savage Crucial M500  Corsair H110i GTX Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ 2420TE Corsair Strafe (MX Browns) EVGA P2 850w Corsair Air 540 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G303  Roccat Taito Sennheiser HD558 Blue Snowball Microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
Kara
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k Asus Maximus Hero VIII ASUS Strix 980 TI GSKILL Ripjaws V (2X8 gb) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston Hyper X Savage Crucial M500  Corsair H110i GTX Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ 2420TE Corsair Strafe (MX Browns) EVGA P2 850w Corsair Air 540 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G303  Roccat Taito Sennheiser HD558 Blue Snowball Microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by jomoxhwang View Post
It was brand new. I will screenshot the order confirmation as well.

That's what's called an SMD capacitor.
A resolder should fix that just fine,if the cap' isn't bad.
That *may* be what was causing your problems.
I don't understand why XFX can't just fix it on the spot and be done with it.
Looks like it was just bad soldering to begin with.
post #36 of 440
Check your school, most schools have free legal services. At least they can send a strongly worded letter with the pictures and might be able to get some traction.

I never have used XFX but i did just have to RMA a 570 MSI card, i took no extra steps, everything went smoothly except they didnt have a replacement so they sent me a 580 free of charge.
In Process
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-2600K Intel DP67BG Extreme Edition 580 GTX 4GB DDR3 Gskill 2133mhz 7 CAS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Sam Spinpoint F3 / X25-M G3 160GB (Pending) Liteon 8xBlueray Win 7 Pro 64 bit Samsung T260HD 25.5" 1900X1200 
PowerCase
Antec 750W EW NZXT Phantom - Black 
  hide details  
Reply
In Process
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-2600K Intel DP67BG Extreme Edition 580 GTX 4GB DDR3 Gskill 2133mhz 7 CAS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Sam Spinpoint F3 / X25-M G3 160GB (Pending) Liteon 8xBlueray Win 7 Pro 64 bit Samsung T260HD 25.5" 1900X1200 
PowerCase
Antec 750W EW NZXT Phantom - Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #37 of 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radius Kid View Post
That's what's called an SMD capacitor.
A resolder should fix that just fine,if the cap' isn't bad.
That *may* be what was causing your problems.
I don't understand why XFX can't just fix it on the spot and be done with it.
Looks like it was just bad soldering to begin with.
Between enthusiasts that's an obvious result they should have done, but then they'd be admitting to taking a card in that's damaged for whatever reason.

The more problematic issue for me is why the OP kept this card, knowing that it artifacted from day 1 as he stated, keeping it past the 30 day return policy from TD.

Why would you keep a bad/defective card past the 30 vendor return date????
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #38 of 440
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post
Between enthusiasts that's an obvious result they should have done, but then they'd be admitting to taking a card in that's damaged for whatever reason.

The more problematic issue for me is why the OP kept this card, knowing that it artifacted from day 1 as he stated, keeping it past the 30 day return policy from TD.

Why would you keep a bad/defective card past the 30 vendor return date????
A question that I kick my foot for. Besides living on-campus-hassle, exams, and other school things I can throw, I was wondering if it's still okay to return the card to vendor after I cut the barcode? I had assumed not and I did not think about it since.
post #39 of 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post
Between enthusiasts that's an obvious result they should have done, but then they'd be admitting to taking a card in that's damaged for whatever reason.

The more problematic issue for me is why the OP kept this card, knowing that it artifacted from day 1 as he stated, keeping it past the 30 day return policy from TD.

Why would you keep a bad/defective card past the 30 vendor return date????

A valid question to which I would answer that maybe he thought it was just a driver issue?
I say it still looks like bad soldering,plain and simple.
Since XFX made the card,that would suggest they're reponsible.
post #40 of 440
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radius Kid View Post
A valid question to which I would answer that maybe he thought it was just a driver issue?
I say it still looks like bad soldering,plain and simple.
Since XFX made the card,that would suggest they're reponsible.
Would you suggest that I take it to Radioshack(?) and try to solder first and then try BBB/school-legal organization that were mentioned here?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › XFX: Yet Another Warranty Denial