Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › New Carbide 400R photos
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Carbide 400R photos - Page 9

post #81 of 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezebyte View Post
Edit: Nvm, non removable HDD cases, 120mm intake fans, no removable front intake dust filter, no window option = no thanks, i'll stick with 600T white
^ +1 although I'd choose another case but I won't mention it as it isn't a Corsair.
Ti-89 Titanium
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Motorola 68k @16 MHz Ti-89 HW4 256 KB 2.6 MB Flash ROM 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Ti-89 OS 3.10 LCD Dot-Matrix 160x100 4x 1.5V AAA Ti-89 HW4 Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core™ i7 930 Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R 2.0 Gigabyte GTX 470 SOC G.Skill RX 2x4GB 1600C8 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
PNY Prevail Elite 120GB Hitachi 7K1000.C 1TB LG GH24LS50 Noctua NH-C12P SE14 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8 Pro x64 Lubuntu 13.10 x64 Samsung BX2250 Logitech Illuminated 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Be Quiet! S.P. E⁷ 600W Fractal Design Core 3000 Logitech G300 AKG K240 Studio 
  hide details  
Reply
Ti-89 Titanium
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Motorola 68k @16 MHz Ti-89 HW4 256 KB 2.6 MB Flash ROM 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Ti-89 OS 3.10 LCD Dot-Matrix 160x100 4x 1.5V AAA Ti-89 HW4 Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core™ i7 930 Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R 2.0 Gigabyte GTX 470 SOC G.Skill RX 2x4GB 1600C8 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
PNY Prevail Elite 120GB Hitachi 7K1000.C 1TB LG GH24LS50 Noctua NH-C12P SE14 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8 Pro x64 Lubuntu 13.10 x64 Samsung BX2250 Logitech Illuminated 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Be Quiet! S.P. E⁷ 600W Fractal Design Core 3000 Logitech G300 AKG K240 Studio 
  hide details  
Reply
post #82 of 201
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezebyte View Post
Edit: Nvm, non removable HDD cases, 120mm intake fans, no removable front intake dust filter, no window option = no thanks, i'll stick with 600T white
600T and 650D are much higher-end (and more expensive) cases, of course.

This is targeted at the $99 crew.
post #83 of 201
Sorry, I thought the 800D was a decent WC case, but everything you have come out with after that has been boring and dull, including this one.

The only really innovative cases to come out in the past few years are made by small companies such as Case Labs and LittleDevil. Danger Den is always doing great things. The only air cooling cases to be truly innovative are SilverStone's Fortress FT02 and to an extent Antec's Lanboy Air. The former performing much better.

Corsair is fast approaching mediocrity in my humble opinion. That said, I have owned quite a few Corsair memory kits and they performed as advertised, as well as a couple different HX series PSU's and the aforementioned 800D which I enjoyed for a simple mass produced WC solution.
post #84 of 201
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segovax View Post
Sorry, I thought the 800D was a decent WC case, but everything you have come out with after that has been boring and dull, including this one.

The only really innovative cases to come out in the past few years are made by small companies such as Case Labs and LittleDevil. Danger Den is always doing great things. The only air cooling cases to be truly innovative are SilverStone's Fortress FT02 and to an extent Antec's Lanboy Air. The former performing much better.

Corsair is fast approaching mediocrity in my humble opinion. That said, I have owned quite a few Corsair memory kits and they performed as advertised, as well as a couple different HX series PSU's and the aforementioned 800D which I enjoyed for a simple mass produced WC solution.
No need to apologize, your case preferences are yours and you're completely valid in having them.

Obviously you're primarily interested in watercooling, and as such the 800D has your interest. The 650D is also a pretty good case for watercooling, if you check the thread you'll see guys with dual loops with a 240 on top and a 200 in front, some of them have a 120 in the back, as well.

From an aircooling standpoint, yeah, the designs of the 600T and 400R/500R are more typical, but I look at them as more polishing an already good design with finishing touches that make it easier to build and upgrade your system than I do as revolutionary mind-bending pieces that change the entire industry. That being said, I'm more than happy to produce those parts, too. Only thing is, if you want them to really change things, then you have to spend a long time working on them. Some of the stuff I'm working on now might not be out until 2013 or 2014.

But I'm glad you liked the 800D. The 400R isn't your thing - doesn't bother me that much - everyone has a different opinion and the 400R is definitely not built for the same customer as the 800D.
post #85 of 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsairGeorge View Post
No need to apologize, your case preferences are yours and you're completely valid in having them.

Obviously you're primarily interested in watercooling, and as such the 800D has your interest. The 650D is also a pretty good case for watercooling, if you check the thread you'll see guys with dual loops with a 240 on top and a 200 in front, some of them have a 120 in the back, as well.

From an aircooling standpoint, yeah, the designs of the 600T and 400R/500R are more typical, but I look at them as more polishing an already good design with finishing touches that make it easier to build and upgrade your system than I do as revolutionary mind-bending pieces that change the entire industry. That being said, I'm more than happy to produce those parts, too. Only thing is, if you want them to really change things, then you have to spend a long time working on them. Some of the stuff I'm working on now might not be out until 2013 or 2014.

But I'm glad you liked the 800D. The 400R isn't your thing - doesn't bother me that much - everyone has a different opinion and the 400R is definitely not built for the same customer as the 800D.
Thanks for taking the time to write that. Now may I beg you to improve upon the FT02?

Because I don't WC anymore, but I would buy a Corsair case modeled after and improved upon that case any day.
post #86 of 201
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segovax View Post
Thanks for taking the time to write that. Now may I beg you to improve upon the FT02?

Haha, yeah sure.

Out of curiosity, how would you improve it?
post #87 of 201
Any estimate on when they'll finally be on American shores? I have 100 dollars burning in my pocket...
post #88 of 201
Very nice low budget case.
ContrastFX
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1100T GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 XFX Radeon HD 6870 Mushkin Blackline 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 500GB LG DVD±RW SuperMulti Drive Corsair H60 Windows 8 Developer Preview 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS MS246 1920x1080 iRocks RF-6570 Antec HCG-520 LIAN LI Lancool PC-K58W 
  hide details  
Reply
ContrastFX
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1100T GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 XFX Radeon HD 6870 Mushkin Blackline 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 500GB LG DVD±RW SuperMulti Drive Corsair H60 Windows 8 Developer Preview 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS MS246 1920x1080 iRocks RF-6570 Antec HCG-520 LIAN LI Lancool PC-K58W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #89 of 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsairGeorge View Post
Haha, yeah sure.

Out of curiosity, how would you improve it?
I thought Silverstone patented the design?
Vibrant Curiosity
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K Maximus IV GENE-Z 2x Galaxy 570 SLI Adata 1600 8GB (4x2) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Force GT 120 & Seagate 1TB 7200 Lite-On Blu-ray combo 620 + 2x Akasa Viper Windows 7 HP 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
U2711 Majestouch Ninja Tenkeyless Brown X-760 Mini P180 
MouseMouse PadAudio
G400 QcK Heavy Westone 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Nvidia GeForce 9400M 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 160 GB 5400rpm 
OSMonitor
Mac OSX 10.6 13.3" 1,280 × 800 
  hide details  
Reply
Vibrant Curiosity
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K Maximus IV GENE-Z 2x Galaxy 570 SLI Adata 1600 8GB (4x2) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Force GT 120 & Seagate 1TB 7200 Lite-On Blu-ray combo 620 + 2x Akasa Viper Windows 7 HP 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
U2711 Majestouch Ninja Tenkeyless Brown X-760 Mini P180 
MouseMouse PadAudio
G400 QcK Heavy Westone 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Nvidia GeForce 9400M 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 160 GB 5400rpm 
OSMonitor
Mac OSX 10.6 13.3" 1,280 × 800 
  hide details  
Reply
post #90 of 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsairGeorge View Post
Haha, yeah sure.

Out of curiosity, how would you improve it?
I wish my RV02 had more room behind the motherboard, and the new RV03 wasn't so ugly. I would improve on it with a smoother design.
An Angry Robot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asus P8Z77-V Pro Asus Strix 1070 G Skill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 500gb SSD x 1tb HDD Samsung External Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Catleap Q270 Acer Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid (reds) Corsair 750HX 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 540 Logitech G600 XFX Warpad Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
An Angry Robot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asus P8Z77-V Pro Asus Strix 1070 G Skill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 500gb SSD x 1tb HDD Samsung External Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Catleap Q270 Acer Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid (reds) Corsair 750HX 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 540 Logitech G600 XFX Warpad Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › New Carbide 400R photos