Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [MR] MacBook Air Line Updated With Sandy Bridge, Thunderbolt and Backlit Keyboards
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[MR] MacBook Air Line Updated With Sandy Bridge, Thunderbolt and Backlit Keyboards - Page 17

post #161 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom View Post
Let's see: IPS displays, unibody aluminum cases, etc.
Too bad the Apple Cinema Display is really a budget version of the Ultrasharp, except its still expensive. I always find it fund when people compare 16.2 million color display to a billion color display.
post #162 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyFish View Post
I love how back-lit keyboards fall into the same sentence as CPU.
Yeah, back-lit keyboards - strange how few companies have discovered that secret. Its a useful feature though, probably does more for the average computer user than having more JIGGAHERTZ and cores
post #163 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom View Post
Let's see: IPS displays, unibody aluminum cases, etc.

Aside from the fact that they're completely different products, there's nothing wrong with the iPhone 4. The whole reception problem was just rubbish and hype mixed together -- I said it back then and I say it now.

The fact of the matter is if the iPhone 4 couldn't call, it would've been returned by every single customer -- and that, is indisputable.
Mac laptops don't have IPS displays,an aluminum case doesn't always make it better,the iphone 4 had instances of not being able to call and the competing phone also had better signal quality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FtL1776 View Post
Too bad the Apple Cinema Display is really a budget version of the Ultrasharp, except its still expensive. I always find it fund when people compare 16.2 million color display to a billion color display.
Exactly,the Apple display also only covers less than 70% of the color spectrum,a $200 IPS display can do the same.
Edited by Heavy MG - 7/26/11 at 5:10am
Moar cores!
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 @ 4.0Ghz/4.2Ghz turbo gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 rev. 4.0 Gigabyte Nvida GTX 770OC 2GB/ Gigabyte 970 G1 G... Gskill Sniper 1866Mhz 8GB (4GB x 2) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB WD Black 1TB Asus 24X CM Hyper 212Evo 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home X64 HP 22BW 21.5" LED-IPS CM Storm Trigger/MX Brown Corsair TX 650V2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM HAF922 Logitech G500S Steelseries QCK Mini Asus Xonar DX 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Moar cores!
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 @ 4.0Ghz/4.2Ghz turbo gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 rev. 4.0 Gigabyte Nvida GTX 770OC 2GB/ Gigabyte 970 G1 G... Gskill Sniper 1866Mhz 8GB (4GB x 2) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB WD Black 1TB Asus 24X CM Hyper 212Evo 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home X64 HP 22BW 21.5" LED-IPS CM Storm Trigger/MX Brown Corsair TX 650V2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM HAF922 Logitech G500S Steelseries QCK Mini Asus Xonar DX 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #164 of 210
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaRocker View Post
There's a difference in "Build Quality" and "Aesthetics"

Build quality implies that it is built better than others.

Aesthetics implies that it is more pleasing than others.
I wasn't suggesting they're the same.
Quote:
I'll be quite frank, I love how the Air is designed and feels. But my point is, that the points everyone is making for macs are all based on opinion rather than facts. When it comes down to it, the same components in your mac (besides the case) are the same as in other PC's. And their failure rate is equal to that of most "quality" PC systems. So to say macs have a better "Build Quality" is really...honestly... wrong. It's the aesthetically pleasing design that draws you to it. When something is made completely out of metal... something has to give.. this means that everything inside the macbook is going to be more liable to shock damage. Thankfully they foresaw one of the largest problems pertaining to the Hard Disk. But this isn't to say that those flash disks and the display aren't liable to damage due to shock. They are noticeably less affected.. but not shock proof. Plastics give leeway, and flexibility to shrug off damage. These days however the plastics being utilized are cheaper and lower quality, however if you were to look at a Lenovo Thinkpad or a quality Dell laptop (their consumer lines tend to be lower quality...) the plastics are durable and don't have to be "ugly". The Latitude D600 was a testament to durability. but now I'm rambling.

So to answer your question. Yes. Unbiased honest answer Yes. Sure brushed aluminum feels great... it feels sturdy.. and it makes you feel like you have a real quality product. But when it comes down to it.. you have the exact same thing that the neighbor next door has.. and it cost you twice as much. Except you got a neato Mac sticker.
When I say build quality I refer to the solidity of the build, not necessarily higher quality parts although I believe the case is higher quality (than plastic). MacBook Pro's feel very solid, unlike machines made of plastic which bend a bit more and in some cases feel like they're fragile, and they are more prone to chipping, cracking, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FtL1776 View Post
Too bad the Apple Cinema Display is really a budget version of the Ultrasharp, except its still expensive. I always find it fund when people compare 16.2 million color display to a billion color display.
It's not a budget version, it just has a different target audience. And, I'm pretty sure an LED backlit display is what limits how many colours it can display. I might be wrong, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy MG View Post
Mac laptops don't have IPS displays,an aluminum case doesn't always make it better,the iphone 4 had instances of not being able to call and the competing phone also had better signal quality.
No, they don't. That's why I put a strike through what I said. And, an aluminum case is better quality than a plastic case. It's more sturdy, and isn't prone to chipping or cracking like plastic can be. It's also not just an aluminum case but a unibody one.
Quote:
Exactly,the Apple display also only covers less than 70% of the color spectrum,a $200 IPS display can do the same.
You won't find a regular 27" display with a 1440p resolution that can be bought for $200 yet alone an IPS display. Apple uses White LED's instead of RGB LED's for lower power consumption and a more compact design, the costs happen to be less colour gamut.
Edited by steelbom - 7/26/11 at 6:26am
Kasuf
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600K ASRock Z170 Pro4 ASUS Radeon RX 480 ROG Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Samsung 850 EVO Noctua NH-D15 LG 34" Ultrawide (LG34UC98) Corsair HX750i 
Case
Silverstone FT05B-W 
  hide details  
Reply
Kasuf
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600K ASRock Z170 Pro4 ASUS Radeon RX 480 ROG Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Samsung 850 EVO Noctua NH-D15 LG 34" Ultrawide (LG34UC98) Corsair HX750i 
Case
Silverstone FT05B-W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #165 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom View Post
I wasn't suggesting they're the same.

When I say build quality I refer to the solidity of the build, not necessarily higher quality parts although I believe the case is higher quality (than plastic). MacBook Pro's feel very solid, unlike machines made of plastic which bend a bit more and in some cases feel like they're fragile, and they are more prone to chipping, cracking, etc.
I agree with you on their superior build quality. Here's a great example.

A friend of mine owns a Macbook Pro (2010 model). A month ago he left his book bag behind his car while he was filling his trunk. He then hopped in said car and reversed out his driveway. He heard a scraping and felt as if he was dragging something. He got out, found his MBP lodged between the car and his driveway. He actually had to drive his car forward so that he could remove it.

After examining the Macbook, the only visible damage was a scratch on the corner. Other than that it was in perfect shape and he still uses it to this day.

I dropped my Toshiba laptop from about three feet and smashed the corner, broke the wifi switch and a USB port. This was a $800 laptop. I wish I bought a Macbook for the extra ~$300...

I don't even own an Apple device but I'd sure like to. Who knows, maybe I'll pick up one of the new MBAs, they're looking pretty nice right about now.
post #166 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMallory View Post
Yeah, back-lit keyboards - strange how few companies have discovered that secret. Its a useful feature though, probably does more for the average computer user than having more JIGGAHERTZ and cores
It makes sense. Even though I touch type, I occasionally look at my keyboard to punch a command in and it really helps in the dark. Probably has something to do with my peripheral vision or something but I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty88 View Post
I agree with you on their superior build quality. Here's a great example.

A friend of mine owns a Macbook Pro (2010 model). A month ago he left his book bag behind his car while he was filling his trunk. He then hopped in said car and reversed out his driveway. He heard a scraping and felt as if he was dragging something. He got out, found his MBP lodged between the car and his driveway. He actually had to drive his car forward so that he could remove it.

After examining the Macbook, the only visible damage was a scratch on the corner. Other than that it was in perfect shape and he still uses it to this day.

I dropped my Toshiba laptop from about three feet and smashed the corner, broke the wifi switch and a USB port. This was a $800 laptop. I wish I bought a Macbook for the extra ~$300...

I don't even own an Apple device but I'd sure like to. Who knows, maybe I'll pick up one of the new MBAs, they're looking pretty nice right about now.
I have a 2003 Dell Inspiron 8200. My laptop was on a laptop stand about 3 feet high, and I got into a fight with someone. My laptop essentially flew across the room (it was thrown - while it was on) After the ordeal I returned to my "Crappy Dell" and it was still running and working fine...with no damage to the case but the USB ports were bent slightly due to devices that were in them when it got thrown across the room. I still have it.. and it works to this day. Original parts.

Toshiba's aren't even the best anyway... I saw 3 of them in one month.. one due to a sound chip failure (needed to replace the mobo), 1 for a hard disk failure, and the other for a display circuit failure. I don't understand why people blow their money on them. I mean sure give em to a person who'll take care of it, and it'll last... but let it get roughed up a little and it's crying for it's mama. Hardly a fair comparison.

Macbooks aren't the only laptops that have "Superior Build Quality" since you guys seem to enjoy throwing this phrase around...

Let's remember that the Macbook Air has no user replaceable/upgradable parts... in addition to having no media bay.....(easily remedied by a external drive, but that's a pain in the ass to carry around...) Ouch.

I kinda like being able to change my battery... especially when my old one no longer holds a charge. I don't wanna send my notebook just so they can upgrade the ram... or replace the battery... See what I mean about ripping people off? It's done intentionally so that you HAVE to have it serviced. If anything goes wrong it HAS to be sent in....this isn't really what I'd call "Superior Build Quality"

The Lenovo Thinkpads can actually be run over and be completely fine.. (depending on the weight of a vehicle...) and I mean usable without external peripherals.

Now I gotta be honest, this is pretty amazing. This Macbook ACTUALLY got ran over. But I still wish I had video of the Thinkpad that me and my buddy abused a few years back...


Pretty amazing to see that despite it's damage it's still running. Only problem is that supposed "Strong, superior" Aluminum case bent... as is the case with fashion metals. Maybe if it were composed of a stronger inner core like the thinkpad it would be working and usable? (and by usable I mean without the use of external peripherals.)

Spill water on your Macbook turned on and tell me if it survives.... seems like "Superior Build Quality" here... (if it survives then awesome.
Edited by MediaRocker - 7/26/11 at 3:12pm
Horizon
(15 items)
 
ToSHITa
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I5 2500K Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H XFX Radeon R9-280 Double Dissipation Corsair Vengance 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M500 120GB SSD WD BLACK SERIES WD1003FZEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Ca... Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM 6... Corsair H100 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Alienware Optx AW2210 Asus VS239 CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Cherry MX Brown 
PowerCaseMouse
NZXT Hale75 750W PSU Fractal Design Node 804 Logitech G700s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Quad-Core A8-4500M Satellite L855D-S5114 Radeon™ HD 7640G Generic 4GB DDR3-1600MHz (PC3-12800) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial M4 128GB SSD Generic DVD SuperMulti DVD-RAM (5x) Windows 10 Home (Hardcore Old-key Fresh Install... 15.6" Widescreen TruBrite TFT @ 1366x768 
PowerAudio
65W (19v 3.42a) 100-240/50-60Hz AC Adaptor SRS Premium Sound HD 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium Dual T2310 Gateway C Series Intel Accelerated Graphics 1024MB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
80GB Linux Mint 12 Wacom Penabled 65W Power Brick 
  hide details  
Reply
Horizon
(15 items)
 
ToSHITa
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I5 2500K Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H XFX Radeon R9-280 Double Dissipation Corsair Vengance 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M500 120GB SSD WD BLACK SERIES WD1003FZEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Ca... Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM 6... Corsair H100 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Alienware Optx AW2210 Asus VS239 CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Cherry MX Brown 
PowerCaseMouse
NZXT Hale75 750W PSU Fractal Design Node 804 Logitech G700s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Quad-Core A8-4500M Satellite L855D-S5114 Radeon™ HD 7640G Generic 4GB DDR3-1600MHz (PC3-12800) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial M4 128GB SSD Generic DVD SuperMulti DVD-RAM (5x) Windows 10 Home (Hardcore Old-key Fresh Install... 15.6" Widescreen TruBrite TFT @ 1366x768 
PowerAudio
65W (19v 3.42a) 100-240/50-60Hz AC Adaptor SRS Premium Sound HD 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium Dual T2310 Gateway C Series Intel Accelerated Graphics 1024MB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
80GB Linux Mint 12 Wacom Penabled 65W Power Brick 
  hide details  
Reply
post #167 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by FtL1776 View Post
Too bad the Apple Cinema Display is really a budget version of the Ultrasharp, except its still expensive. I always find it fund when people compare 16.2 million color display to a billion color display.
The U2711 and the 27" ACD use the same LG panels but with different backlights. The difference between an 8-bit panel and a 10-bit panel is less color banding, but it is really only noticeable and useful in the professional fields. You would need an application and graphics card that can support 10-bit color depth to take advantage of a 10-bit display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy MG View Post
Exactly,the Apple display also only covers less than 70% of the color spectrum,a $200 IPS display can do the same.
W-LED cover about 68% of the NTSC color space or 4% less than that of standard gamut CCFLs. Whether people actually need the larger color space is up for debate as more and more "pro-sumers" flood the market.

A $200 IPS such as the U2211H are e-IPS rather than the H-IPS which are used in ACDs. The difference is in color acuracy as the e-IPS panels are considered more price orientated. The noticeable difference in size and resolution can account for most of the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom View Post
It's not a budget version, it just has a different target audience. And, I'm pretty sure an LED backlit display is what limits how many colours it can display. I might be wrong, though.
You are right that the W-LED limits the color space. What you gain by going with LEDs is a thinner profile, less heat, and less power consumption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom View Post
You won't find a regular 27" display with a 1440p resolution that can be bought for $200 yet alone an IPS display. Apple uses White LED's instead of RGB LED's for lower power consumption and a more compact design, the costs happen to be less colour gamut.
RGB LEDs are very expensive and are only needed by professionals. The price of a monitor with RGB LEDs would problably push a ACD well beyond 5x its current price. There wouldn't really be a difference in power consumption or size if ACDs had a backlit matrix rather than edge lit one.
Lil Burninator
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770K ASUS Gryphon CF R9 290Xs Samsung 4x4GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 1TB 2x 240s | 360 | MPC35X | Mostly BP W7 Pre x64 XL2720T 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
K70 AX1200 CaseLabs S5 + Ped G700/Mamba 
Mouse PadAudio
Vespula WA7 + KRK RP6s + HD650s 
  hide details  
Reply
Lil Burninator
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770K ASUS Gryphon CF R9 290Xs Samsung 4x4GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 1TB 2x 240s | 360 | MPC35X | Mostly BP W7 Pre x64 XL2720T 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
K70 AX1200 CaseLabs S5 + Ped G700/Mamba 
Mouse PadAudio
Vespula WA7 + KRK RP6s + HD650s 
  hide details  
Reply
post #168 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom View Post
It's not a budget version, it just has a different target audience. And, I'm pretty sure an LED backlit display is what limits how many colours it can display. I might be wrong, though.

You won't find a regular 27" display with a 1440p resolution that can be bought for $200 yet alone an IPS display. Apple uses White LED's instead of RGB LED's for lower power consumption and a more compact design, the costs happen to be less colour gamut.
Target audience? I thought Macs were the pro photographer and video editors computers? Color accuracy should be the target.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeing Red View Post
The U2711 and the 27" ACD use the same LG panels but with different backlights. The difference between an 8-bit panel and a 10-bit panel is less color banding, but it is really only noticeable and useful in the professional fields. You would need an application and graphics card that can support 10-bit color depth to take advantage of a 10-bit display.
Errr a low a colour gammut should be noticeable to everyone, specifically a 70% vs a 112%.
Edited by FtL1776 - 7/26/11 at 4:36pm
post #169 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty88 View Post
I agree with you on their superior build quality. Here's a great example.

A friend of mine owns a Macbook Pro (2010 model). A month ago he left his book bag behind his car while he was filling his trunk. He then hopped in said car and reversed out his driveway. He heard a scraping and felt as if he was dragging something. He got out, found his MBP lodged between the car and his driveway. He actually had to drive his car forward so that he could remove it.

After examining the Macbook, the only visible damage was a scratch on the corner. Other than that it was in perfect shape and he still uses it to this day.

I dropped my Toshiba laptop from about three feet and smashed the corner, broke the wifi switch and a USB port. This was a $800 laptop. I wish I bought a Macbook for the extra ~$300...

I don't even own an Apple device but I'd sure like to. Who knows, maybe I'll pick up one of the new MBAs, they're looking pretty nice right about now.
Hey man, I was in a VERY similar situation to you just a few days prior. I bought a laptop last year for school, and ran into some quality issues I just wasn't happy with. I wished I went with the extra $ for the quality and unconcern of a MacBook. I knew lots of people from school who had 0 knowledge about computers, tech, laptops batteries etc. and they haven't had a single problem with their MBP's in years. Those were some of the deciding factors in my purchasing my MBP last week, and now am posting from. The hardest decision was the lack of the GPU, however it can handle the games I play (HoN, SC2) just fine. I also have my desktop for things like BF3 and such, don't forget the Intel HD 3000 is different than the older first-gen GMA4500, although it still frankly sucks compared to say a 5650, it is a big improvement over the 4500.
Puny Power!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 [4.0GHz @ 1.34v] Asus Maximus III Gene GTX 460 SE 12 GB GSkill ECO 1600 CL7 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate Barracuda 1.5 TB, Intel 120GB 520 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 LG Flatron 22' & LG Flatron 21' Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouse
Cougar CMX 750 NZXT Vulcan Microsoft Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
Puny Power!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 [4.0GHz @ 1.34v] Asus Maximus III Gene GTX 460 SE 12 GB GSkill ECO 1600 CL7 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate Barracuda 1.5 TB, Intel 120GB 520 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 LG Flatron 22' & LG Flatron 21' Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouse
Cougar CMX 750 NZXT Vulcan Microsoft Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
post #170 of 210
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaRocker View Post
I have a 2003 Dell Inspiron 8200. My laptop was on a laptop stand about 3 feet high, and I got into a fight with someone. My laptop essentially flew across the room (it was thrown - while it was on) After the ordeal I returned to my "Crappy Dell" and it was still running and working fine...with no damage to the case but the USB ports were bent slightly due to devices that were in them when it got thrown across the room. I still have it.. and it works to this day. Original parts.

Toshiba's aren't even the best anyway... I saw 3 of them in one month.. one due to a sound chip failure (needed to replace the mobo), 1 for a hard disk failure, and the other for a display circuit failure. I don't understand why people blow their money on them. I mean sure give em to a person who'll take care of it, and it'll last... but let it get roughed up a little and it's crying for it's mama. Hardly a fair comparison.

Macbooks aren't the only laptops that have "Superior Build Quality" since you guys seem to enjoy throwing this phrase around...

Let's remember that the Macbook Air has no user replaceable/upgradable parts... in addition to having no media bay.....(easily remedied by a external drive, but that's a pain in the ass to carry around...) Ouch.

I kinda like being able to change my battery... especially when my old one no longer holds a charge. I don't wanna send my notebook just so they can upgrade the ram... or replace the battery... See what I mean about ripping people off? It's done intentionally so that you HAVE to have it serviced. If anything goes wrong it HAS to be sent in....this isn't really what I'd call "Superior Build Quality"

The Lenovo Thinkpads can actually be run over and be completely fine.. (depending on the weight of a vehicle...) and I mean usable without external peripherals.

Now I gotta be honest, this is pretty amazing. This Macbook ACTUALLY got ran over. But I still wish I had video of the Thinkpad that me and my buddy abused a few years back...

Pretty amazing to see that despite it's damage it's still running. Only problem is that supposed "Strong, superior" Aluminum case bent... as is the case with fashion metals. Maybe if it were composed of a stronger inner core like the thinkpad it would be working and usable? (and by usable I mean without the use of external peripherals.)

Spill water on your Macbook turned on and tell me if it survives.... seems like "Superior Build Quality" here... (if it survives then awesome.
Build quality doesn't have anything to do with upgradability, however it is true they lack the upgradability of other machines, generally speaking. You should, however, be able to replace the RAM and hard drives easily in any Mac laptop, Mac Pro, Mac Mini, etc. (Not so much the iMac when it comes to the HDD.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeing Red View Post
The U2711 and the 27" ACD use the same LG panels but with different backlights. The difference between an 8-bit panel and a 10-bit panel is less color banding, but it is really only noticeable and useful in the professional fields. You would need an application and graphics card that can support 10-bit color depth to take advantage of a 10-bit display.

W-LED cover about 68% of the NTSC color space or 4% less than that of standard gamut CCFLs. Whether people actually need the larger color space is up for debate as more and more "pro-sumers" flood the market.

A $200 IPS such as the U2211H are e-IPS rather than the H-IPS which are used in ACDs. The difference is in color acuracy as the e-IPS panels are considered more price orientated. The noticeable difference in size and resolution can account for most of the price.

You are right that the W-LED limits the color space. What you gain by going with LEDs is a thinner profile, less heat, and less power consumption.

RGB LEDs are very expensive and are only needed by professionals. The price of a monitor with RGB LEDs would problably push a ACD well beyond 5x its current price. There wouldn't really be a difference in power consumption or size if ACDs had a backlit matrix rather than edge lit one.
Ah, lots of good info in your post... thanks! =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FtL1776 View Post
Target audience? I thought Macs were the pro photographer and video editors computers? Color accuracy should be the target.

Errr a low a colour gammut should be noticeable to everyone, specifically a 70% vs a 112%.
They are, but I was referring to those who like bright glossy LED-backlit displays.
Kasuf
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600K ASRock Z170 Pro4 ASUS Radeon RX 480 ROG Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Samsung 850 EVO Noctua NH-D15 LG 34" Ultrawide (LG34UC98) Corsair HX750i 
Case
Silverstone FT05B-W 
  hide details  
Reply
Kasuf
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600K ASRock Z170 Pro4 ASUS Radeon RX 480 ROG Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Samsung 850 EVO Noctua NH-D15 LG 34" Ultrawide (LG34UC98) Corsair HX750i 
Case
Silverstone FT05B-W 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [MR] MacBook Air Line Updated With Sandy Bridge, Thunderbolt and Backlit Keyboards