Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [MR] MacBook Air Line Updated With Sandy Bridge, Thunderbolt and Backlit Keyboards
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[MR] MacBook Air Line Updated With Sandy Bridge, Thunderbolt and Backlit Keyboards - Page 4

post #31 of 210
just ordered one... can't wait til it comes in.. 13inch air... i own the last one... wow....
SB Build
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
SB Build
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
post #32 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordikon View Post
Is there any proof they're a higher build quality?

I've found the high-end Dell laptops to be of great quality. My all-alumimum Dell e1705 is still going strong after 5 years, and I even dropped it on its side on the pavement once from about 2-3 feet, just scuffed it in a couple of places.

Besides, I wasn't aware people pay almost double the price in a laptop for what might amount to better build quality.

Hidden marketing costs. That Reality Distortion Field doesn't run itself.

I got my Thinkpad T400 when the unibody Macbooks first came out. I paid $1050 for mine, while the equivalent Mac with pretty much identical specs (same processor, 9300 vs 3470, same ram, same hdd) was $1700.

And you can't even say better build quality, since Thinkpad vs Macbook is a coin toss.


That being said, the Macbook Air's price is such because its freakishly thin.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670k ASUS Maximus VI Gene Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB Kingston Hyper-X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 OCZ Vertex 3 WD6401AALS WD5000AAKS 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Noctua NH-D14 elementary OS Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM LG W2442PA-BF 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Corsair HX750W Corsair Graphite 600T Logitech G700 
Audio
ASUS Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670k ASUS Maximus VI Gene Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB Kingston Hyper-X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 OCZ Vertex 3 WD6401AALS WD5000AAKS 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Noctua NH-D14 elementary OS Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM LG W2442PA-BF 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Corsair HX750W Corsair Graphite 600T Logitech G700 
Audio
ASUS Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 210
Call it what you will but I gladly pay the premium for my Apple products
My Happy Place
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD R7 1700 @ 4.04 Ghz Asrock X370 Killer AC/SLI GTX 1070 FE 16 Gb G.Skill 3200 DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1 Tb M.2 Drive WD Black 1 Tb Corsair H100i Windows 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U3415W 21:9 Ultrawide Corsair RGB MX Blues Mechanical Corsair 600w NZXT S340 White 
MouseMouse Pad
Corsair M65 Corsair 
  hide details  
Reply
My Happy Place
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD R7 1700 @ 4.04 Ghz Asrock X370 Killer AC/SLI GTX 1070 FE 16 Gb G.Skill 3200 DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1 Tb M.2 Drive WD Black 1 Tb Corsair H100i Windows 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U3415W 21:9 Ultrawide Corsair RGB MX Blues Mechanical Corsair 600w NZXT S340 White 
MouseMouse Pad
Corsair M65 Corsair 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicsphere View Post
Call it what you will but I gladly pay the premium for my Apple products
Same there's a simplicty and a "togetherness" with apple products the software is made for the hardware they make, makes optimizing a lot easier.

Don't get me wrong I like my Windows machine but these days all it gets used for is gaming and gaming only.

IMO Apple will never capture a significant market share in the computer market, because of;

A: The Price

B: People too attached to Windows and the way it functions

C: General Apple hate that goes around
Thoreal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 7700k MSI Z270 M5 MSI GTX 1080 Armour 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial 750GB SSD Corsair H60 2013 Windows 10 Pro 64bit & Ubuntu 15.10 27" AOC 2560x1440 144Hz IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G105 XFX 650W XXX Edition Fractal Design Define R4 Logitech G400 
Audio
Zero 96Khz 24Bit DAC/ AMP / Denon AH-D7000 Head... 
  hide details  
Reply
Thoreal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 7700k MSI Z270 M5 MSI GTX 1080 Armour 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial 750GB SSD Corsair H60 2013 Windows 10 Pro 64bit & Ubuntu 15.10 27" AOC 2560x1440 144Hz IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G105 XFX 650W XXX Edition Fractal Design Define R4 Logitech G400 
Audio
Zero 96Khz 24Bit DAC/ AMP / Denon AH-D7000 Head... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearSlurpee View Post
Hahaha! Those new MBAs have Intel graphics!
Was that really unforeseen? The lower end MBP have Intel IGPs.

I'm liking that 128GB 13" MBA
Lil Burninator
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770K ASUS Gryphon CF R9 290Xs Samsung 4x4GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 1TB 2x 240s | 360 | MPC35X | Mostly BP W7 Pre x64 XL2720T 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
K70 AX1200 CaseLabs S5 + Ped G700/Mamba 
Mouse PadAudio
Vespula WA7 + KRK RP6s + HD650s 
  hide details  
Reply
Lil Burninator
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770K ASUS Gryphon CF R9 290Xs Samsung 4x4GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 1TB 2x 240s | 360 | MPC35X | Mostly BP W7 Pre x64 XL2720T 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
K70 AX1200 CaseLabs S5 + Ped G700/Mamba 
Mouse PadAudio
Vespula WA7 + KRK RP6s + HD650s 
  hide details  
Reply
post #36 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by acadiancrusader View Post
are you serious? higher rez is always better. you know that you can increase the size of everything with ease, right? (fonts, icons, etc,...). ontop of that, the IQ is superior on the MBP. it also has a more durable shell and longer battery life. and nobody can match apple's customer server and technical support, nobody.

funny how apple haters are far worse then fanboys.
Higher res isn't everything when screen quality could be crap. A thin aluminium shell that adds to the huge markup is not that durable,not all users need battery life in a powerful notebook. Dell's customer support has greatly improved,Alienware's customer support is even better. Funny that fanboys think that "haters" are worse.
Moar cores!
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 @ 4.0Ghz/4.2Ghz turbo gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 rev. 4.0 Gigabyte Nvida GTX 770OC 2GB/ Gigabyte 970 G1 G... Gskill Sniper 1866Mhz 8GB (4GB x 2) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB WD Black 1TB Asus 24X CM Hyper 212Evo 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home X64 HP 22BW 21.5" LED-IPS CM Storm Trigger/MX Brown Corsair TX 650V2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM HAF922 Logitech G500S Steelseries QCK Mini Asus Xonar DX 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Moar cores!
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 @ 4.0Ghz/4.2Ghz turbo gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 rev. 4.0 Gigabyte Nvida GTX 770OC 2GB/ Gigabyte 970 G1 G... Gskill Sniper 1866Mhz 8GB (4GB x 2) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB WD Black 1TB Asus 24X CM Hyper 212Evo 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home X64 HP 22BW 21.5" LED-IPS CM Storm Trigger/MX Brown Corsair TX 650V2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM HAF922 Logitech G500S Steelseries QCK Mini Asus Xonar DX 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #37 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrillex View Post
A: The Price

B: People too attached to Windows and the way it functions

C: General Apple hate that goes around

People aren't attached to Windows and the way it functions. They're attached to regular OSes. Everything in OSX takes 3-4 times longer than it does in Windows/Linux, since OSX violates a ton of design principles. Moving around OSX involves a lot of key presses, moving the mouse back and forth across the screen, and hunting for edges which would aggravate most competent Windows users, whereas everything in Windows and most Linux DEs can be accomplished with a single click.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670k ASUS Maximus VI Gene Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB Kingston Hyper-X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 OCZ Vertex 3 WD6401AALS WD5000AAKS 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Noctua NH-D14 elementary OS Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM LG W2442PA-BF 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Corsair HX750W Corsair Graphite 600T Logitech G700 
Audio
ASUS Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670k ASUS Maximus VI Gene Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB Kingston Hyper-X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 OCZ Vertex 3 WD6401AALS WD5000AAKS 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Noctua NH-D14 elementary OS Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM LG W2442PA-BF 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Corsair HX750W Corsair Graphite 600T Logitech G700 
Audio
ASUS Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #38 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathris View Post
People aren't attached to Windows and the way it functions. They're attached to regular OSes. Everything in OSX takes 3-4 times longer than it does in Windows/Linux, since OSX violates a ton of design principles. Moving around OSX involves a lot of key presses, moving the mouse back and forth across the screen, and hunting for edges which would aggravate most competent Windows users, whereas everything in Windows and most Linux DEs can be accomplished with a single click.
i think you got everything mixed up. OS X is 1 click... windows is the double clicking... man are we talking about the same thing?? Windows tried to copy OS X 1 click.. hovering...

Last time i checked, Apple is 3rd in laptop market share. It'll be number 1 soon i bet on it. There's a reason why it's the number 1 tech stock in the world. Last years Mac air is the best laptop i've ever used, this is just over the top. BLows everything away
SB Build
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
SB Build
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
post #39 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranmillitary View Post
i think you got everything mixed up. OS X is 1 click... windows is the double clicking... man are we talking about the same thing?? Windows tried to copy OS X 1 click.. hovering...

Last time i checked, Apple is 3rd in laptop market share. It'll be number 1 soon i bet on it. There's a reason why it's the number 1 tech stock in the world. Last years Mac air is the best laptop i've ever used, this is just over the top. BLows everything away
for every computer sold at $1000 or more, over 80% of those computers are apple computers.

and for any of you who still want to argue screen quality/resolution... apple laptop panels are, by far, the best in the industry. period.

and i hate to admit this, as im typing this on my lenovo t43 running linux... lenovo quality has taken a massive nose dive. it saddens me because i used to be such a fanboy.

as it stands, in the last two years, apple has been producing the very best laptops on the market. their ultra thin airs are miles ahead of the competition.

i would LOVE to see someone truly compete with them, but sadly, most companies are either not big enough or simply don't wish to go head to head. companies like acer, hp, and samsung are large enough to put out competitive products at a competitive price. but sadly, only the current dv6 and dv7's from hp are worthy (i look forward to the new envys that should be comming out very soon)
post #40 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by acadiancrusader View Post
for every computer sold at $1000 or more, over 80% of those computers are apple computers.

and for any of you who still want to argue screen quality/resolution... apple laptop panels are, by far, the best in the industry. period.

and i hate to admit this, as im typing this on my lenovo t43 running linux... lenovo quality has taken a massive nose dive. it saddens me because i used to be such a fanboy.

as it stands, in the last two years, apple has been producing the very best laptops on the market. their ultra thin airs are miles ahead of the competition.

i would LOVE to see someone truly compete with them, but sadly, most companies are either not big enough or simply don't wish to go head to head. companies like acer, hp, and samsung are large enough to put out competitive products at a competitive price. but sadly, only the current dv6 and dv7's from hp are worthy (i look forward to the new envys that should be comming out very soon)
i've owned a recent Hp laptop.. trust me i will never buy another product from HP.

i can't wait for my new air... it will be the laptop of the future... i'll put my car on it..
SB Build
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
SB Build
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [MR] MacBook Air Line Updated With Sandy Bridge, Thunderbolt and Backlit Keyboards