Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Video card driver crash in games.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Video card driver crash in games. - Page 2

post #11 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjq8g6 View Post
Used the CPUID HW monitor and found out that my +5v on my PSU is 5.80!!??!
My computer is messed up....
Has it been restarting?
 
XPS L502X
(9 items)
 
CM 110 Elite
(7 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2670QM 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M  6GB 1333MHz Dual Channel Ram 750GB Seagate Momentus 7200RPM 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
64GB Crucial m4 Cooler Master Notepal L1 Windows 8 Professional x64 / Mint 14 Cinnamon 6... Backlit Keyboard 
Audio
Sound Blaster X-FI  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
G3258 H97I Plus Gigabyte 750 Ti Low Profile  8GB Skill Ripjaws 1600 Mhz 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Kingston V300 120 SSD  Corsair VS 550 CM Elite 110 
  hide details  
Reply
 
XPS L502X
(9 items)
 
CM 110 Elite
(7 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2670QM 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M  6GB 1333MHz Dual Channel Ram 750GB Seagate Momentus 7200RPM 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
64GB Crucial m4 Cooler Master Notepal L1 Windows 8 Professional x64 / Mint 14 Cinnamon 6... Backlit Keyboard 
Audio
Sound Blaster X-FI  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
G3258 H97I Plus Gigabyte 750 Ti Low Profile  8GB Skill Ripjaws 1600 Mhz 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Kingston V300 120 SSD  Corsair VS 550 CM Elite 110 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 27
Thread Starter 
Should I just upgrade my PSU and Card guys? Or is this a problem that I can fix easily.
post #13 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by makesithappen View Post
Has it been restarting?
No, it runs fine, but when I try to play a game (like Dirt 3), the game studders a lot and sometime crash (black screen and need to restart).
post #14 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjq8g6 View Post
No, it runs fine, but when I try to play a game (like Dirt 3), the game studders a lot and sometime crash (black screen and need to restart).
Unless you have digital multimeter to measure psu or a spare computer that you know works 100% to test both parts it's hard to tell with software sometimes.

What idle temperatures do you get?

Can you see the graphic card fans moving?

What settings and resolution do you play dirt 3 on?

As suggested try and install clean drivers.

Did you by any chance install beta drivers?
 
XPS L502X
(9 items)
 
CM 110 Elite
(7 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2670QM 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M  6GB 1333MHz Dual Channel Ram 750GB Seagate Momentus 7200RPM 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
64GB Crucial m4 Cooler Master Notepal L1 Windows 8 Professional x64 / Mint 14 Cinnamon 6... Backlit Keyboard 
Audio
Sound Blaster X-FI  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
G3258 H97I Plus Gigabyte 750 Ti Low Profile  8GB Skill Ripjaws 1600 Mhz 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Kingston V300 120 SSD  Corsair VS 550 CM Elite 110 
  hide details  
Reply
 
XPS L502X
(9 items)
 
CM 110 Elite
(7 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2670QM 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M  6GB 1333MHz Dual Channel Ram 750GB Seagate Momentus 7200RPM 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
64GB Crucial m4 Cooler Master Notepal L1 Windows 8 Professional x64 / Mint 14 Cinnamon 6... Backlit Keyboard 
Audio
Sound Blaster X-FI  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
G3258 H97I Plus Gigabyte 750 Ti Low Profile  8GB Skill Ripjaws 1600 Mhz 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Kingston V300 120 SSD  Corsair VS 550 CM Elite 110 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by makesithappen View Post
Unless you have digital multimeter to measure psu or a spare computer that you know works 100% to test both parts it's hard to tell with software sometimes.

What idle temperatures do you get?

Can you see the graphic card fans moving?

What settings and resolution do you play dirt 3 on?

As suggested try and install clean drivers.

Did you by any chance install beta drivers?
1. idle temp is around 65 degree C

2. Yes

3. Medium and 1440 x 900

4. Okay

5. No
post #16 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjq8g6 View Post
1. idle temp is around 65 degree C

2. Yes

3. Medium and 1440 x 900

4. Okay

5. No

Sounds like the card might be going bye bye.

Let's hope not.

Are you comfortable with taking the heat sink off and re applying thermal paste? Worth a shot.

At those settings and resolution it's perfectly fine.
No blue screens?
 
XPS L502X
(9 items)
 
CM 110 Elite
(7 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2670QM 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M  6GB 1333MHz Dual Channel Ram 750GB Seagate Momentus 7200RPM 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
64GB Crucial m4 Cooler Master Notepal L1 Windows 8 Professional x64 / Mint 14 Cinnamon 6... Backlit Keyboard 
Audio
Sound Blaster X-FI  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
G3258 H97I Plus Gigabyte 750 Ti Low Profile  8GB Skill Ripjaws 1600 Mhz 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Kingston V300 120 SSD  Corsair VS 550 CM Elite 110 
  hide details  
Reply
 
XPS L502X
(9 items)
 
CM 110 Elite
(7 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2670QM 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M  6GB 1333MHz Dual Channel Ram 750GB Seagate Momentus 7200RPM 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
64GB Crucial m4 Cooler Master Notepal L1 Windows 8 Professional x64 / Mint 14 Cinnamon 6... Backlit Keyboard 
Audio
Sound Blaster X-FI  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
G3258 H97I Plus Gigabyte 750 Ti Low Profile  8GB Skill Ripjaws 1600 Mhz 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Kingston V300 120 SSD  Corsair VS 550 CM Elite 110 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 27
Might be worth the 5 minutes it takes to clean and put on new thermal paste. I just did it on my old 8600GTS, and it was like a rock.
post #18 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by makesithappen View Post
Sounds like the card might be going bye bye.

Let's hope not.

Are you comfortable with taking the heat sink off and re applying thermal paste? Worth a shot.

At those settings and resolution it's perfectly fine.
No blue screens?
I don't have thermal paste right now so I have to buy it...
Should I just upgrade my PSU and Card? (Was going to wait for Kepler)
Or my i3's integrated graphics would be enough.
post #19 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjq8g6 View Post
I don't have thermal paste right now so I have to buy it...
Should I just upgrade my PSU and Card? (Was going to wait for Kepler)
Or my i3's integrated graphics would be enough.


That really depends on your budget.

If it plays games acceptable to you and thermal paste can fix it...
No that won't be anywhere near enough.

Have you made sure the card is connected properly. Take it in and out of pci slot? Just checking the basics


Have a quick look at this

http://www.evga.com/forumsarchive/pr...e.asp?m=206758
 
XPS L502X
(9 items)
 
CM 110 Elite
(7 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2670QM 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M  6GB 1333MHz Dual Channel Ram 750GB Seagate Momentus 7200RPM 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
64GB Crucial m4 Cooler Master Notepal L1 Windows 8 Professional x64 / Mint 14 Cinnamon 6... Backlit Keyboard 
Audio
Sound Blaster X-FI  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
G3258 H97I Plus Gigabyte 750 Ti Low Profile  8GB Skill Ripjaws 1600 Mhz 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Kingston V300 120 SSD  Corsair VS 550 CM Elite 110 
  hide details  
Reply
 
XPS L502X
(9 items)
 
CM 110 Elite
(7 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2670QM 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M  6GB 1333MHz Dual Channel Ram 750GB Seagate Momentus 7200RPM 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
64GB Crucial m4 Cooler Master Notepal L1 Windows 8 Professional x64 / Mint 14 Cinnamon 6... Backlit Keyboard 
Audio
Sound Blaster X-FI  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
G3258 H97I Plus Gigabyte 750 Ti Low Profile  8GB Skill Ripjaws 1600 Mhz 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Kingston V300 120 SSD  Corsair VS 550 CM Elite 110 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by makesithappen View Post
That really depends on your budget.

If it plays games acceptable to you and thermal paste can fix it...
No that won't be anywhere near enough.

Have you made sure the card is connected properly. Take it in and out of pci slot? Just checking the basics


Have a quick look at this

http://www.evga.com/forumsarchive/pr...e.asp?m=206758
I suppose that I need a upgrade soon.
I'll just use this until it dies

The card is connected properly.

My fan speed is 30% when idle and 100% on load. I think it's normal.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Video card driver crash in games.