Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Video card driver crash in games.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Video card driver crash in games. - Page 3

post #21 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjq8g6 View Post
I suppose that I need a upgrade soon.
I'll just use this until it dies

The card is connected properly.

My fan speed is 30% when idle and 100% on load. I think it's normal.
Lets try two more things

1. Reinstall drivers.

Do a clean install. Tick it once you're installing it should come up as an option

Alternatively use driver sweeper

http://majorgeeks.com/Driver_Sweeper_d6171.html

2. Open side of the case

2. Find the most appropriate house fan you can, make it blow cold air onto card

(Saves you from buying thermal paste if it's not heat related)

3. Down clock just a little bit to see if it makes difference.

4. Use as much as you can if above things work, save up and buy a card you can afford
 
XPS L502X
(9 items)
 
CM 110 Elite
(7 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2670QM 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M  6GB 1333MHz Dual Channel Ram 750GB Seagate Momentus 7200RPM 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
64GB Crucial m4 Cooler Master Notepal L1 Windows 8 Professional x64 / Mint 14 Cinnamon 6... Backlit Keyboard 
Audio
Sound Blaster X-FI  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
G3258 H97I Plus Gigabyte 750 Ti Low Profile  8GB Skill Ripjaws 1600 Mhz 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Kingston V300 120 SSD  Corsair VS 550 CM Elite 110 
  hide details  
Reply
 
XPS L502X
(9 items)
 
CM 110 Elite
(7 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2670QM 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M  6GB 1333MHz Dual Channel Ram 750GB Seagate Momentus 7200RPM 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
64GB Crucial m4 Cooler Master Notepal L1 Windows 8 Professional x64 / Mint 14 Cinnamon 6... Backlit Keyboard 
Audio
Sound Blaster X-FI  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
G3258 H97I Plus Gigabyte 750 Ti Low Profile  8GB Skill Ripjaws 1600 Mhz 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Kingston V300 120 SSD  Corsair VS 550 CM Elite 110 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by makesithappen View Post
Lets try two more things

1. Reinstall drivers.

Do a clean install. Tick it once you're installing it should come up as an option

Alternatively use driver sweeper

http://majorgeeks.com/Driver_Sweeper_d6171.html

2. Open side of the case

2. Find the most appropriate house fan you can, make it blow cold air onto card

(Saves you from buying thermal paste if it's not heat related)

3. Down clock just a little bit to see if it makes difference.

4. Use as much as you can if above things work, save up and buy a card you can afford
doing it right now hope it works
post #23 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjq8g6 View Post
doing it right now hope it works
 
XPS L502X
(9 items)
 
CM 110 Elite
(7 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2670QM 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M  6GB 1333MHz Dual Channel Ram 750GB Seagate Momentus 7200RPM 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
64GB Crucial m4 Cooler Master Notepal L1 Windows 8 Professional x64 / Mint 14 Cinnamon 6... Backlit Keyboard 
Audio
Sound Blaster X-FI  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
G3258 H97I Plus Gigabyte 750 Ti Low Profile  8GB Skill Ripjaws 1600 Mhz 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Kingston V300 120 SSD  Corsair VS 550 CM Elite 110 
  hide details  
Reply
 
XPS L502X
(9 items)
 
CM 110 Elite
(7 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2670QM 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M  6GB 1333MHz Dual Channel Ram 750GB Seagate Momentus 7200RPM 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
64GB Crucial m4 Cooler Master Notepal L1 Windows 8 Professional x64 / Mint 14 Cinnamon 6... Backlit Keyboard 
Audio
Sound Blaster X-FI  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
G3258 H97I Plus Gigabyte 750 Ti Low Profile  8GB Skill Ripjaws 1600 Mhz 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Kingston V300 120 SSD  Corsair VS 550 CM Elite 110 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 27
Thread Starter 
I reinstalled the drivers and used Rivatuner to turn my fan speed to 70% (100% is too noisy). And the temp dropped to 60 degree C, now im gonna try 3dmark.
post #25 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjq8g6 View Post
I reinstalled the drivers and used Rivatuner to turn my fan speed to 70% (100% is too noisy). And the temp dropped to 60 degree C, now im gonna try 3dmark.
If you update drivers and Rivatuner stops working, since it is incredibly outdated, try MSI Afterburner/EVGA Precision's fan speed controls.
Edited by Ascii Aficionado - 7/20/11 at 10:24am
post #26 of 27
Thread Starter 
Good news! Checked the temp after 3dmark and it was 73 degree C load! That's 20 degree lower than before!!! Also, no more studders I guess it really was a fan problem after all. +rep to all of you guys
post #27 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjq8g6 View Post
Good news! Checked the temp after 3dmark and it was 73 degree C load! That's 20 degree lower than before!!! Also, no more studders I guess it really was a fan problem after all. +rep to all of you guys
You're welcome
 
XPS L502X
(9 items)
 
CM 110 Elite
(7 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2670QM 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M  6GB 1333MHz Dual Channel Ram 750GB Seagate Momentus 7200RPM 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
64GB Crucial m4 Cooler Master Notepal L1 Windows 8 Professional x64 / Mint 14 Cinnamon 6... Backlit Keyboard 
Audio
Sound Blaster X-FI  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
G3258 H97I Plus Gigabyte 750 Ti Low Profile  8GB Skill Ripjaws 1600 Mhz 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Kingston V300 120 SSD  Corsair VS 550 CM Elite 110 
  hide details  
Reply
 
XPS L502X
(9 items)
 
CM 110 Elite
(7 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2670QM 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M  6GB 1333MHz Dual Channel Ram 750GB Seagate Momentus 7200RPM 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
64GB Crucial m4 Cooler Master Notepal L1 Windows 8 Professional x64 / Mint 14 Cinnamon 6... Backlit Keyboard 
Audio
Sound Blaster X-FI  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
G3258 H97I Plus Gigabyte 750 Ti Low Profile  8GB Skill Ripjaws 1600 Mhz 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Kingston V300 120 SSD  Corsair VS 550 CM Elite 110 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Video card driver crash in games.