Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Am I bottlenecking?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Am I bottlenecking? - Page 2

post #11 of 20
First, OC in your BIOS for sure results. I have my Q6600 overclocked to 3.6Ghz from 2.4Ghz stock and it runs with my GTX 570 @ 100%.
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internets View Post
First, OC in your BIOS for sure results. I have my Q6600 overclocked to 3.6Ghz from 2.4Ghz stock and it runs with my GTX 570 @ 100%.
load up grid, I promise you will bottleneck that setup. Lol.
post #13 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Crumples View Post

Oh and @ Ascii Aficionado it's a quad core
That's good to know, bought all 3 STALKER games during Steam's Summer Sale for $8 combined, not each, haven't tried them yet, was expecting a dual core bottleneck.
post #14 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasherht View Post
load up grid, I promise you will bottleneck that setup. Lol.
Perhaps GRID is just a poorly optimized game. I have never played it. I always play at max settings @ 1080 res with such titles as Witcher 2, BFBC2, and Crysis 2. I always display my GPU/CPU stats on an overlay with Afterburner and I never notice any drops in GPU utilization.
post #15 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internets View Post
Perhaps GRID is just a poorly optimized game. I have never played it. I always play at max settings @ 1080 res with such titles as Witcher 2, BFBC2, and Crysis 2. I always display my GPU/CPU stats on an overlay with Afterburner and I never notice any drops in GPU utilization.
not poorly optimized so much as just really heavy on the CPU. I still get 120FPS even with the bottleneck, so it isn't like it is effecting anything.
post #16 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasherht View Post
not poorly optimized so much as just really heavy on the CPU. I still get 120FPS even with the bottleneck, so it isn't like it is effecting anything.
Is GRID a fun racer? I just noticed it was $4.99 on Steam.
post #17 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internets View Post
Is GRID a fun racer? I just noticed it was $4.99 on Steam.
You'd have to try it for yourself.
post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internets View Post
Is GRID a fun racer? I just noticed it was $4.99 on Steam.
Yeah, it's worth 5 bucks.
ISIS mainframe
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K @ 4.5 GHz AsRock Z68 Pro3 Gainward GTX 560 "Phantom" 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel 320 SSD 120 gb Win7 x64 Dell 2209WA Corsair AX750 
CaseMouse
Fractal Design Define R3 Steelseries Xai 
  hide details  
Reply
ISIS mainframe
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K @ 4.5 GHz AsRock Z68 Pro3 Gainward GTX 560 "Phantom" 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel 320 SSD 120 gb Win7 x64 Dell 2209WA Corsair AX750 
CaseMouse
Fractal Design Define R3 Steelseries Xai 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasherht View Post
If you are hitting 99% then you are not bottlenecking. The way you tell if you are bottlenecking is if your CPU is maxing out and your gpu is not.

Like in grid my CPU is at 100% load, and my GPU sits at like 85% load. So I bottleneck with my setup when I play grid. But in metro 2033 I don't bottleneck. So it all depends on the game.
I'm in STALKER right now, I'm getting 99% GPU and according to AMD System monitor my CPU keeps bouncing between 15% and 50%, My fourth core is using most.

Off topic: Managed to take a pretty screenshot


Edited by General Crumples - 7/20/11 at 1:27pm
Old Buddy Old Pal
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 810 RS780 Asus ENGTX460 768mb DirectCu Samsung  
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Western Digital 1TB Caviar Green Windows 7 64 bit Gateway HX-2000 Razer Blackwidow 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rocketfish RF-500WPS2 500-Watt  NZXT H230 Black Razer Deathadder Razer Goliathus Speed Edition 
AudioAudio
beyerdynamic DT770 Pro-80 Asus XONAR DG 
  hide details  
Reply
Old Buddy Old Pal
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 810 RS780 Asus ENGTX460 768mb DirectCu Samsung  
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Western Digital 1TB Caviar Green Windows 7 64 bit Gateway HX-2000 Razer Blackwidow 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rocketfish RF-500WPS2 500-Watt  NZXT H230 Black Razer Deathadder Razer Goliathus Speed Edition 
AudioAudio
beyerdynamic DT770 Pro-80 Asus XONAR DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internets View Post
Is GRID a fun racer? I just noticed it was $4.99 on Steam.
I think it is fun. I like it because it is a mix between simulation and arcade. For 5 dollars you really can't go wrong. it is a lot like dirt, so if you like dirt then you will like grid.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Am I bottlenecking?