I've played multiple MMORPG's before but I have never tried out World of Warcraft so I will be trying out the Free Version. I have some questions before I start.
1. I like dealing heavy damage to my targets from a distance. I don't really care how much HP I have, I just like dealing lots of damage from far away. Which class and race would you guys recommend?
2. How much does the monthly payment cost (in USD) if I pay via credit card?
3. Which version should I buy? As a beginner, should I buy the battlechest which comes with TBC? Do I need any other expansions as well?
4. Which server should I start out in? Should I start in one of those new-player servers or go straight to a regular server?
5. Got any suggestions or anything else you need to tell me before I start?
2-$15, you can pay several months at a time and its a bit cheaper iirc
3-Go ahead and buy Vanilla through Cata.
4-Go straight for a high pop PvP server, its the best way to learn.
5-For the horde, ignore trolls (The d-bags, not the race).