Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Does anyone know the max ampage of this product?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Does anyone know the max ampage of this product?

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
It's the Lian-Li PT-FN06, a simple fan controller/HDD bay adapter.



I want to run 4x Xigmatek 1454's off it, but Lian-Li haven't listed any electrical information. Please no assumptions, i want to be sure i'm not going to blow it
Nihilus
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 - 4.5GHz Rampage IV Formula EVGA GTX680 - 1.25GHz Samsung Green - 2000MHz/CL10/4x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Green - 1TB Plextor M3 - 128GB Custom Water Windows 7 Professonal - x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2312HM Ducky G2 Pro Seasonic 660XP - 660W Define R4 - Pearl Black 
MouseMouse Pad
Kone Pure Goliathus Control 
  hide details  
Reply
Nihilus
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 - 4.5GHz Rampage IV Formula EVGA GTX680 - 1.25GHz Samsung Green - 2000MHz/CL10/4x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Green - 1TB Plextor M3 - 128GB Custom Water Windows 7 Professonal - x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2312HM Ducky G2 Pro Seasonic 660XP - 660W Define R4 - Pearl Black 
MouseMouse Pad
Kone Pure Goliathus Control 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 9
You googled and i googled, but no info available, make me guess its cheap(do lian li make cheap stuff?) i know thats not the info you want

http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/contact_us/contact_us.php

I was going to do a guess by averaging out your fans, and see what amps they got, but they too have no info i could find. If you already bought them it should have the info on the pack, if not you might want to contact them too

http://www.xigmatek.com/contact.php

Srry cant help more
Slug
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 Asus Rampage III Extreme GTX 460 2GB Golden Sample - SLI G.Skill 12GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
5 x 1tb Samsung HD103SJ Cheap TrueDirect burner Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Aquos 32" Wide Screen TV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Corsair AX1200 Gold Thermaltake Armor+ VH6000BWS Razor Naga 
Mouse Pad
Peice of plastic 
  hide details  
Reply
Slug
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 Asus Rampage III Extreme GTX 460 2GB Golden Sample - SLI G.Skill 12GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
5 x 1tb Samsung HD103SJ Cheap TrueDirect burner Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Aquos 32" Wide Screen TV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Corsair AX1200 Gold Thermaltake Armor+ VH6000BWS Razor Naga 
Mouse Pad
Peice of plastic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerpaws View Post
You googled and i googled, but no info available, make me guess its cheap(do lian li make cheap stuff?) i know thats not the info you want

http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/contact_us/contact_us.php

I was going to do a guess by averaging out your fans, and see what amps they got, but they too have no info i could find. If you already bought them it should have the info on the pack, if not you might want to contact them too

http://www.xigmatek.com/contact.php

Srry cant help more
Thanks very much for trying i trawled google, to no avail. On the contrary, Lian-Li make some of highest quality products available, such as cases. Haha, i used to think they would be cheap and nasty too >.<
Nihilus
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 - 4.5GHz Rampage IV Formula EVGA GTX680 - 1.25GHz Samsung Green - 2000MHz/CL10/4x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Green - 1TB Plextor M3 - 128GB Custom Water Windows 7 Professonal - x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2312HM Ducky G2 Pro Seasonic 660XP - 660W Define R4 - Pearl Black 
MouseMouse Pad
Kone Pure Goliathus Control 
  hide details  
Reply
Nihilus
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 - 4.5GHz Rampage IV Formula EVGA GTX680 - 1.25GHz Samsung Green - 2000MHz/CL10/4x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Green - 1TB Plextor M3 - 128GB Custom Water Windows 7 Professonal - x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2312HM Ducky G2 Pro Seasonic 660XP - 660W Define R4 - Pearl Black 
MouseMouse Pad
Kone Pure Goliathus Control 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 9
I am going to call up my local Lian Li authorized dealer tomorrow morning and ask this info. It is night time here now and they are closed.

You are just a few hours ahead of me. If you are not patient enough, you can call these guys up as they are Li Lian authorized reseller in your country.
http://www.overclockers.co.nz/contact.shtml
Edited by windfire - 7/21/11 at 6:34am
post #5 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by windfire View Post
I am going to call up my local Lian Li authorized dealer tomorrow and ask this info. It is night time here now and they are closed.

You are just a few hours ahead of me.
Thank you sir! Most appreciated
Nihilus
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 - 4.5GHz Rampage IV Formula EVGA GTX680 - 1.25GHz Samsung Green - 2000MHz/CL10/4x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Green - 1TB Plextor M3 - 128GB Custom Water Windows 7 Professonal - x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2312HM Ducky G2 Pro Seasonic 660XP - 660W Define R4 - Pearl Black 
MouseMouse Pad
Kone Pure Goliathus Control 
  hide details  
Reply
Nihilus
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 - 4.5GHz Rampage IV Formula EVGA GTX680 - 1.25GHz Samsung Green - 2000MHz/CL10/4x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Green - 1TB Plextor M3 - 128GB Custom Water Windows 7 Professonal - x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2312HM Ducky G2 Pro Seasonic 660XP - 660W Define R4 - Pearl Black 
MouseMouse Pad
Kone Pure Goliathus Control 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshHunter View Post
Thank you sir! Most appreciated
I just called their Product Enquiry Hotline and was put on hold for 5 minutes before being transferred to Technical Support.

The technician said he cannot not recall the amperage figure by memory (I accept that, to be fair to him) and will get back to me asap.

So, when he gets back to me, I will get back to you.
Just want you to know that I have not forgotten this thing.
post #7 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by windfire View Post
I just called their Product Enquiry Hotline and was put on hold for 5 minutes before being transferred to Technical Support.

The technician said he cannot not recall the amperage figure by memory (I accept that, to be fair to him) and will get back to me asap.

So, when he gets back to me, I will get back to you.
Just want you to know that I have not forgotten this thing.
Thank you ever so much for helping, but i called OCNZ and was told that it had a max current of 2.6a +Rep
Nihilus
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 - 4.5GHz Rampage IV Formula EVGA GTX680 - 1.25GHz Samsung Green - 2000MHz/CL10/4x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Green - 1TB Plextor M3 - 128GB Custom Water Windows 7 Professonal - x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2312HM Ducky G2 Pro Seasonic 660XP - 660W Define R4 - Pearl Black 
MouseMouse Pad
Kone Pure Goliathus Control 
  hide details  
Reply
Nihilus
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 - 4.5GHz Rampage IV Formula EVGA GTX680 - 1.25GHz Samsung Green - 2000MHz/CL10/4x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Green - 1TB Plextor M3 - 128GB Custom Water Windows 7 Professonal - x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2312HM Ducky G2 Pro Seasonic 660XP - 660W Define R4 - Pearl Black 
MouseMouse Pad
Kone Pure Goliathus Control 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshHunter View Post
Thank you ever so much for helping, but i called OCNZ and was told that it had a max current of 2.6a +Rep
OK, good!

When the local Lian Li technician gets back to me, hopefully he will tell me this same number.

Edit 1:
They did not call me back today. Tomorrow is Saturday and they work half day. So, I will call them again in the morning. (I hope the technician was not mad at me because I called them up around noon time today. It might have 'interrupted' his lunch hour.)

Edit 2:
The technician did return my call. According to him, the controllers (FN05 and FN06) can support up to 3.2A. Interestingly this is higher than the 2.6A figure.
I suppose even at a lower figure of 2.6A, it can still deliver enough juice to your four Xigmatek F-1454s. So, you are all set.
Edited by windfire - 7/22/11 at 7:21pm
post #9 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by windfire View Post
OK, good!

When the local Lian Li technician gets back to me, hopefully he will tell me this same number.

Edit 1:
They did not call me back today. Tomorrow is Saturday and they work half day. So, I will call them again in the morning. (I hope the technician was not mad at me because I called them up around noon time today. It might have 'interrupted' his lunch hour.)

Edit 2:
The technician did return my call. According to him, the controllers (FN05 and FN06) can support up to 3.2A. Interestingly this is higher than the 2.6A figure.
I suppose even at a lower figure of 2.6A, it can still deliver enough juice to your four Xigmatek F-1454s. So, you are all set.
Hey i only just saw your reply, i forgot about the thread and just now remembered that you were intent on calling a Lian-Li technician. 3.2 sounds much better, i want to have 2 Xigs each on two headers and then an Ultra Kaze 3000 on the remaining two sounds like it'll work!

Thank you very much
Nihilus
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 - 4.5GHz Rampage IV Formula EVGA GTX680 - 1.25GHz Samsung Green - 2000MHz/CL10/4x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Green - 1TB Plextor M3 - 128GB Custom Water Windows 7 Professonal - x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2312HM Ducky G2 Pro Seasonic 660XP - 660W Define R4 - Pearl Black 
MouseMouse Pad
Kone Pure Goliathus Control 
  hide details  
Reply
Nihilus
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 - 4.5GHz Rampage IV Formula EVGA GTX680 - 1.25GHz Samsung Green - 2000MHz/CL10/4x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Green - 1TB Plextor M3 - 128GB Custom Water Windows 7 Professonal - x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2312HM Ducky G2 Pro Seasonic 660XP - 660W Define R4 - Pearl Black 
MouseMouse Pad
Kone Pure Goliathus Control 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Does anyone know the max ampage of this product?