The fanboys/girls are getting more and more irritating. Let's face some basic facts:
1) Intel IS bigger than AMD. Much bigger and richer.
2) Yes, Intel played sketchy games in the past and may or may not be doing the same now (until an official issue comes up, I won't comment on their dealings). It is cheap to blame another company for your losses even if they are playing dirty.
3)This is business. It is about competition. While I don't support dirty tactics in anyway, it happens. Deal with it.
4) I believe AMD hurt their sales badly with the Bulldozer delays. Some call this "strategic" others call it a "failure". Since OCN doesn't specialize in crystal balls, how about both parties just shut up and friggin wait for the future? A decent number of people here have posted on how they got tired of waiting for Bulldozer and just went with Sandy Bridge. And OCN doesn't constitute all PC enthusiasts in the world. Strategic or not, the delay is definitely making AMD loose some customers.
5) Intel's "Core" line of processors have been revolutionary ever since they hit the market. Let's face it, they learned from the mistakes with Pentium 4 ... rather fast as well. Their rapid architecture improvements and die shrinks will only make the company even richer because they tend to produce faster and cheaper components than their previous generation.
6) The company that has more money WILL invest more and thus, produce more and faster. If Intel was making a loss, I'd be surprised given AMD's current delays.
7) People should quit acting like AMD is crap. Unless you're into hardcore gaming /encoding etc. (including striving for extra fps), average users will hardly notice the difference between top-of-the-line Intel and AMD CPUs. Finally, why are the Intel fanboys so quick to ignore that Llano is spanking Intel in the IGP department???
Please, lets keep this civil. I don't have all the answers and I could easily be wrong on many counts. But making unsupported claims and accusations isn't going to help anyone here. >_<
And Intel, that is a great job on the market though things got rough for you at the midpoint. Kudos!
, gotta step up the game. Intel has proven that they are ruthless when it comes to making moneyEdited by dklimitless - 7/22/11 at 4:15am