3K views 27 replies 21 participants last post by  Kauke 
#1 ·
Quote:
Second Quarter 2011 Results
• AMD revenue $1.57 billion, 2% sequential decline; 5% decline year-over-year
• Net income $61 million, EPS $0.08, operating income $105 million
• Non-GAAP net income $70 million, EPS $0.09, operating income $114 million
• Gross margin 46%
In the AMD Q2 Conf call, Rick Bergman addressed analysts saying that "Bulldozer based desktop and server processors will be shipping next month"
Quote:
• Our new Bulldozer core for servers is expected to ship in the third quarter, and we believe
will strengthen our competitive position in servers, setting the stage for unit market share
recovery, as Interlagos-based platforms roll out throughout the second half of this year.
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9MTAwNzg0fENoaWxkSUQ9LTF8VHlwZT0z&t=1.

#2 ·
Ot - about time.

#4 ·
Quote:
• Our new Bulldozer core for servers is expected to ship in the third quarter, and we believe
will strengthen our competitive position in servers, setting the stage for unit market share
recovery, as Interlagos-based platforms roll out throughout the second half of this year.
Is all I see about Bulldozer shipping. That does not mean next month.

#8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by noak;14299262
I feel as if I've heard this before...
You have... AMD said August at Computex and now they have said August again during the call.

Unlike what people try to portray on this site, the 32nm bulldozer (read: this is not about 2009) has only suffered one delay as it failed to launch in Q2.

#11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPUser;14299302
You have... AMD said August at Computex and now they have said August again during the call.

Unlike what people try to portray on this site, the 32nm bulldozer (read: this is not about 2009) has only suffered one delay as it failed to launch in Q2.
JCP-Was'nt this due to AMD wanting to get the APUs out first?

Edit: WHOA, read this: "GLOBALFOUNDRIES will be unable to manufacture the company's products on a timely basis in sufficient quantities and using competitive technologies; the company will be unable to obtain sufficient manufacturing capacity or components to meet demand for its products or will under-utilize its commitment with respect to GLOBALFOUNDRIES' microprocessor manufacturing facilities."

Pg 7, cautionary statement. WTH is up with Glofo?

#12 ·
Llano is also taking off. next Evaluation of AMD will be much more promising I'm sure.

Sony, HP, and more have picked up A8 for a new standard of laptop preformance.

Goodnight i3 its A8's turn.

I'm thinking that this ATI/AMD, APU thing is going to pay off in the
battery life-to-performance area.

#14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obakemono;14299639

Edit: WHOA, read this: "GLOBALFOUNDRIES will be unable to manufacture the company's products on a timely basis in sufficient quantities and using competitive technologies; the company will be unable to obtain sufficient manufacturing capacity or components to meet demand for its products or will under-utilize its commitment with respect to GLOBALFOUNDRIES' microprocessor manufacturing facilities."

Maybe, but by the letter of the law there was a delay. I am not really getting on AMD's case or anything, but more fed up with people who make it seem like BD is perpetually delayed. It was canceled on 45nm (not really relevant) and suffered a total of one delay (maybe strategic) in June.

As for glofo....
eek.gif
I am guessing very low quantities at launch.
frown.gif

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by andos;14299720
Well the calls should be able to be heard at AMD's site, as they usually are.

Here

http://ir.amd.com/phoenix.zhtml?p=irol-eventDetails&c=74093&eventID=3983409
That link work yet? I am at work and can't test it. Last I checked there was a message saying "come back later -- file not yet archived" or something like that.

#16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by noak
View Post

I feel as if I've heard this before...

Exactly my thoughts.

His statement means jack all because they STILL cannot give people a solid release date after all these years.

Somehow I get the feeling these things will not be widely available till mid-late september.

#18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obakemono;14299639

A Cautionary statement isnt something that will happen or has happened, its just there as a cautionary so shareholders dont get overly peeved at lack of information if that happens, thats been in AMDs quarterly reports for ages, doesnt mean they are happening or there are problems at GloFo, think its a legal requirement as its a different company (in theory) which could have an effect on AMDs business without AMD being able to control it.
We have ones in our shareholders reports which involve satellites falling out of the sky and the whole DTH network going down, doesn't mean it has or will happen, it just needs to be in there as its a different company that is in control of that network but could severely hamper the business.

#19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by davieg
View Post

A Cautionary statement isnt something that will happen or has happened, its just there as a cautionary so shareholders dont get overly peeved at lack of information if that happens, thats been in AMDs quarterly reports for ages, doesnt mean they are happening or there are problems at GloFo, think its a legal requirement as its a different company (in theory) which could have an effect on AMDs business without AMD being able to control it.
We have ones in our shareholders reports which involve satellites falling out of the sky and the whole DTH network going down, doesn't mean it has or will happen, it just needs to be in there as its a different company that is in control of that network but could severely hamper the business.

Thanks for the clarification. +1

#21 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Armand Hammer
View Post

Exactly my thoughts.

His statement means jack all because they STILL cannot give people a solid release date after all these years.

Somehow I get the feeling these things will not be widely available till mid-late september.

Things get pushed back all the time. Mostly with good reason. It still is not good with the i5s and i7s already on the market. The BD CPUs are to be able to compete with these processors from what AMD says. I am personally waiting for BD enhanced.

#24 ·
Everyone negative can just go jump off a lake. I'm excited!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.