Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Youtube] Battlefield 3 - Bolt Action Sniper, Shotgun And vehicle Gameplay (HD)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Youtube] Battlefield 3 - Bolt Action Sniper, Shotgun And vehicle Gameplay (HD) - Page 16

post #151 of 210
All "pro" posters for ea please raise your hand

Come on you guys seem so smart how come you cant firgure it out.
even me the guy with crappy puncuation and spelling can.

its not an updated bf2 at all.
they changed all the things that make bf2 a great teamplay game in the first place.

first dont let this hurt your feelings or anything if you cant see what my point is in the differance beween the two games.

no commander
If your playing without one thats your loss,it will sometimes be the differance from a win to a loss.
you dont want to play my team without one.

qrose
i should not even have to tell you what this means to teamplay.

squad leaders
i still have not figured it out,i'v read that you will be able to spawn on anyone on the squade.

kits/upgrades
yup i really want a rambo medic whos to busy getting xp points for laying down suppressive fire
Besides that it has gotten alittle out of hand with the upgrades,and quick weapons unlocks should be kept in place.

I'll miss barking out orders to my squad
i'm so oldschool i know but to me
its just mass market total junk like bc2 which teamplay wise sucks bigtime.

I guess even smart people will take a box full of crap without missing a beat.

it was good to see something in the vids from bf2 the apc getting suck on the railing
Edited by cowie - 7/22/11 at 8:46am
post #152 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyladouche View Post
I don't quite understand what you're trying to get at--if you don't like how a certain feature is implemented in a PC version of the game (or vice versa, in a console version of the game), you can simply choose to not use it, and no one's the wiser. But simply because YOU don't think it's a useful feature, or because YOU think that implementing the feature on a platform that relies on a console controller is problematic, doesn't mean that the dev's or the other users feel the same way.

Personally, I can't use a console controller for crap. Never was able to get used to it and actually be better than others--so in that case, and using your logic, I say why bother making games for consoles that use console controllers in general?
1) I used it a lot but it doesn't mean it's perfect nor does it mean as stated by you, that it'll be practical for console controller use

2) consoles = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ vs PC for developers.
post #153 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesekiwi View Post
let's not let facts get in the way...

http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals....=50&sort=Total

or ragequit because a person disagrees with your opinion. Console, like it or not, is by far the biggest market for non-portable gaming
You once again, fail to show understanding.

Your point above being "correct" was not the reason I decided to stop, its the fact that you've basically put your foot in your own mouth.

You've proven with your own reasoning and evidence, that the command rose was removed from the PC version, not because it was cumbersome, "laborious" or "distracting" as you originally suggested and as I argued against, but simply because it wouldn't work on consoles.

You have essentially killed your original argument, by agreeing with me that the comm rose was nerfed for console gamers, not because it was hard or cumbersome to use in any way.

To make matters worse, you're sticking up with their decision to nerf the PC in order to appease console gamers.

I have therefore established, through your own argument, that your opinion on the command rose had little to do with it being removed and that you support nerfing of PC facilities to suit other platforms.

For that reason, I see no further need to discuss anything with you.


Edited by GrizzleBoy - 7/22/11 at 8:49am
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
post #154 of 210
I can't wait for this to come out though i can't wait to build my sandy bridge rig too
Normandy
(19 items)
 
Secondary rig
(7 items)
 
Galaxy S5
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690K Gigabyte Z97 D3H XFX 290X DD Kingston HyperX Fury 1866 MHz (1X8) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Samsung EVO 850 500gb WD Caviar Green 2TB 2x 500GB WD Caviar Black/Blue Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit) 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
QNIX QX2710 27" 1440P Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Cooler Master GX-750W Bitfenix Colossus 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder Razer Goliathus Control Edition Soundblaster Audigy RX 7.1 Denon AVR 1507 7.1 Surround System 
AudioAudio
Fiio E17 ALPEN DAC/AMP Sennheiser HD 558 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2Q Q8300 @3.0 GHz MSI P45-Neo2 HD 5450 Samsung 2x 2 
Hard DriveOSCase
Samsung 160gb Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit Brandless Mid-Tower 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
2.50GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 Adreno 330 2GB 16GB Internal Storage 
OSMonitorPower
Adroid KitKat 4.4.2 5.10" - 1080x1920 2800 mAh 
  hide details  
Reply
Normandy
(19 items)
 
Secondary rig
(7 items)
 
Galaxy S5
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690K Gigabyte Z97 D3H XFX 290X DD Kingston HyperX Fury 1866 MHz (1X8) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Samsung EVO 850 500gb WD Caviar Green 2TB 2x 500GB WD Caviar Black/Blue Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit) 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
QNIX QX2710 27" 1440P Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Cooler Master GX-750W Bitfenix Colossus 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder Razer Goliathus Control Edition Soundblaster Audigy RX 7.1 Denon AVR 1507 7.1 Surround System 
AudioAudio
Fiio E17 ALPEN DAC/AMP Sennheiser HD 558 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2Q Q8300 @3.0 GHz MSI P45-Neo2 HD 5450 Samsung 2x 2 
Hard DriveOSCase
Samsung 160gb Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit Brandless Mid-Tower 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
2.50GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 Adreno 330 2GB 16GB Internal Storage 
OSMonitorPower
Adroid KitKat 4.4.2 5.10" - 1080x1920 2800 mAh 
  hide details  
Reply
post #155 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesekiwi View Post
1) I used it a lot but it doesn't mean it's perfect nor does it mean as stated by you, that it'll be practical for console controller use

2) consoles = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ vs PC for developers.
I never said that it would or would not be practical for console controller use--weren't you the one that was saying that you didn't like how it was implemented? Maybe I'm getting confused in the string of responses...

Regardless, I think we agree, consoles are bread and butter for game developers--what does that have to do with implementing a feature vs. not implementing it? Do you really think that such a feature would be even a drop in the bucket of making and producing a game?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K Biostar TP67B+ XFX HD5750 1GB 2x4GB DDR3 Corsair 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB OCZ SSD, 2x160GB HDD RAID0, 500GB+500GB+1.5TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung SyncMaster 930B Antec SmartPower 450w 
Case
Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K Biostar TP67B+ XFX HD5750 1GB 2x4GB DDR3 Corsair 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB OCZ SSD, 2x160GB HDD RAID0, 500GB+500GB+1.5TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung SyncMaster 930B Antec SmartPower 450w 
Case
Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #156 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowie View Post
squad leaders
i still have not figured it out,i'v read that you will be able to spawn on anyone on the squade.
SL can spawn on any squadmember but squad members can only spawn on the SL. BTW, four man squads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowie View Post
kits/upgrades
yup i really want a rambo medic whos to busy getting xp points for laying down suppressive fire
It worked well in BF2142. Assualt class had AR, rockets, meds, and defib while support had MG, ammo, and defensive gadgets.
Once again...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.28GHz, HT] Asus P6T + Broadcom NetXtreme II VisionTek HD5850 [900/1200] + Galaxy GT240 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X [1632 MHz] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X25-M 160GB + 3xRAID0 500GB 7200.12 Window 7 Pro 64 Acer H243H + Samsung 226BW XARMOR-U9BL  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Truepower New 750W Li Lian PC-V2100 [10x120mm fans] Logitech G9 X-Trac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Once again...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.28GHz, HT] Asus P6T + Broadcom NetXtreme II VisionTek HD5850 [900/1200] + Galaxy GT240 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X [1632 MHz] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X25-M 160GB + 3xRAID0 500GB 7200.12 Window 7 Pro 64 Acer H243H + Samsung 226BW XARMOR-U9BL  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Truepower New 750W Li Lian PC-V2100 [10x120mm fans] Logitech G9 X-Trac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #157 of 210
How can you put all those good teamplay features on a console port

bf2 was the last sabastion of pc fps mp.
saddens me just like when ea put out moh.pa

battlefield is dead to me.

@duckieho

4 man wow that a great big squade lol..they should cut it down to two so the whole squade can fit in split screen.

i never liked 2142 so i did not play that much.heck i have the expansions to bf2 i have 10 hours on them did not like the maps at all.
Edited by cowie - 7/22/11 at 9:03am
post #158 of 210
Just to add, I'm all for the command rose.. but I really, really hope they do something about the "Enemy Spotted!" spam in every Battlefield 2 game. Really ruins the atmosphere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowie View Post
How can you put all those good teamplay features on a console port

bf2 was the last sabastion of pc fps mp.
saddens me just like when ea put out moh.pa

battlefield is dead to me.
You seem quite happy about the fact that your last bastion of gaming is dead.
The rest of us will enjoy an amazing gaming experience instead of complaining about whatever small features aren't there.
post #159 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzon View Post
Just to add, I'm all for the command rose.. but I really, really hope they do something about the "Enemy Spotted!" spam in every Battlefield 2 game. Really ruins the atmosphere.
Just mute it for teammates but enable it for your 3 squadmates?
Once again...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.28GHz, HT] Asus P6T + Broadcom NetXtreme II VisionTek HD5850 [900/1200] + Galaxy GT240 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X [1632 MHz] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X25-M 160GB + 3xRAID0 500GB 7200.12 Window 7 Pro 64 Acer H243H + Samsung 226BW XARMOR-U9BL  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Truepower New 750W Li Lian PC-V2100 [10x120mm fans] Logitech G9 X-Trac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Once again...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.28GHz, HT] Asus P6T + Broadcom NetXtreme II VisionTek HD5850 [900/1200] + Galaxy GT240 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X [1632 MHz] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X25-M 160GB + 3xRAID0 500GB 7200.12 Window 7 Pro 64 Acer H243H + Samsung 226BW XARMOR-U9BL  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Truepower New 750W Li Lian PC-V2100 [10x120mm fans] Logitech G9 X-Trac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #160 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post
Just mute it for teammates but enable it for your 3 squadmates?
I haven't played BF2 for about a year now, but I'm (relatively) certain that last I played, there was no option to mute "Enemy infantry spotted!".
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Youtube] Battlefield 3 - Bolt Action Sniper, Shotgun And vehicle Gameplay (HD)