Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Case Mods › Ordering MDPC or FTWPC sleeve soon, need your opinion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ordering MDPC or FTWPC sleeve soon, need your opinion - Page 2

post #11 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by rprice06;14309071 
thank you guys, these are of much help, I may order a sample from ftw just to demo out the colors (like swatches haha.)


Adam, I've got a full tower case with a PSU at the bottom, and everyone is recommending different lengths on other threads (to other users), what would be the standard length you guys would say for somethin like this if i wanted to cover everything? All factors aside from sata data cables and fan cables what would you say is a safe bet?

The Seasonic X-650 uses 175 ft of sleeving and 248 pieces of heat shrink by itself. Add in your other cables, fans, switches, etc and 200ft sounds like a nice round #. Maybe order an extra bag of heat shrink or just a length of non-cut. If you're going to order, now is the time. Free shipping weekend is going on.

-USPS orders $30.00 or more that fit in a USPS Flat Rate Envelope ship free.

-Fedex Ground/Home Delivery orders $75.00 or more ship free regardless of size and weight. This excludes multiple package shipments.
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmasherBasher View Post
The Seasonic X-650 uses 175 ft of sleeving and 248 pieces of heat shrink by itself. Add in your other cables, fans, switches, etc and 200ft sounds like a nice round #. Maybe order an extra bag of heat shrink or just a length of non-cut. If you're going to order, now is the time. Free shipping weekend is going on.

-USPS orders $30.00 or more that fit in a USPS Flat Rate Envelope ship free.

-Fedex Ground/Home Delivery orders $75.00 or more ship free regardless of size and weight. This excludes multiple package shipments.
wowzers.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-7700K ASUS ROG STRIX Z270I w/TPM EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Black Edition CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SAMSUNG 960 PRO M.2 512GB NVMe  SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 1TB NVMe ASUS External 12X Blu-Ray Writer Corsair H100i GTX 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional Samsung - S34E790C - 34" 21:9 Curved Screen CODE 87 - Cherry MX Green CORSAIR SF600 - 600W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Caselabs - Bullet BH2 RAZER DeathAdder Chroma Glorious PC Gaming Race 3XL Mouse Mat - 48X24" Steelseries - Arctis 7 
AudioOther
Bose Companion 2 Series III  CyberPower UPS - PR1500LCDRTXL2U - 1500w 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-7700K ASUS ROG STRIX Z270I w/TPM EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Black Edition CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SAMSUNG 960 PRO M.2 512GB NVMe  SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 1TB NVMe ASUS External 12X Blu-Ray Writer Corsair H100i GTX 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional Samsung - S34E790C - 34" 21:9 Curved Screen CODE 87 - Cherry MX Green CORSAIR SF600 - 600W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Caselabs - Bullet BH2 RAZER DeathAdder Chroma Glorious PC Gaming Race 3XL Mouse Mat - 48X24" Steelseries - Arctis 7 
AudioOther
Bose Companion 2 Series III  CyberPower UPS - PR1500LCDRTXL2U - 1500w 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 20
FTW has free shipping this weekend (have to spend $30, which is easy)... so I ordered from them.
post #14 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbaldwin86 View Post
FTW has free shipping this weekend (have to spend $30, which is easy)... so I ordered from them.
That order is going out in about 30 minutes. It's already packed.
post #15 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmasherBasher View Post
That order is going out in about 30 minutes. It's already packed.
NOW that is what I call service....

CAN NOT WAIT... I am going to be up all weekend next weekend
post #16 of 20
I may have missed the followup thread but how did this turn out?
Gunmetal Tower
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASUS P8Z68-V GEN3 Asus GTX 580 CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 256GB Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB LG DVD Corsair H80 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional 64 Bit Asus PB278Q Dell 1907FPc  Ducky 9008-G2 Browns and Reds 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
ABS SL1050 1050W Antec P280 Logitech G700 Mionix Propus 380 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
HT | OMEGA Claro Halo Audio Technica ATH-A900X Audio Technica ATH-AD900 M-Audio AV 40 
OtherOtherOther
Logitech USB Desktop Microphone APC Back-UPS XS 1500 Wacom Intuos4 
  hide details  
Reply
Gunmetal Tower
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASUS P8Z68-V GEN3 Asus GTX 580 CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 256GB Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB LG DVD Corsair H80 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional 64 Bit Asus PB278Q Dell 1907FPc  Ducky 9008-G2 Browns and Reds 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
ABS SL1050 1050W Antec P280 Logitech G700 Mionix Propus 380 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
HT | OMEGA Claro Halo Audio Technica ATH-A900X Audio Technica ATH-AD900 M-Audio AV 40 
OtherOtherOther
Logitech USB Desktop Microphone APC Back-UPS XS 1500 Wacom Intuos4 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 20
Ftw pc.
Trinity
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A10-5800K Biostar Hi-Fi A85W APU Integrated Graphics G.Skill 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600MHz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 64GB Western Digital WD Blue 500GB Lite-On iHAS124 CD/DVD Burner Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (Pull Configuration) 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit NEC MultiSync LCD1970VX NEC MultiSync LCD1970VX Filco Majestouch Black w/ Cherry MX Blue (JIS l... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair CX430 NZXT Source 220 Logitech Click! Mouse SteelSeries QcK Mini Diablo III Edition 
AudioAudioOther
Sony SRS-T10PC USB Portable Speaker Realtek Onboard Audio Intel Centrino Desktop Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
Trinity
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A10-5800K Biostar Hi-Fi A85W APU Integrated Graphics G.Skill 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600MHz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 64GB Western Digital WD Blue 500GB Lite-On iHAS124 CD/DVD Burner Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (Pull Configuration) 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit NEC MultiSync LCD1970VX NEC MultiSync LCD1970VX Filco Majestouch Black w/ Cherry MX Blue (JIS l... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair CX430 NZXT Source 220 Logitech Click! Mouse SteelSeries QcK Mini Diablo III Edition 
AudioAudioOther
Sony SRS-T10PC USB Portable Speaker Realtek Onboard Audio Intel Centrino Desktop Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 20
FTW PC



post #19 of 20
Quick question guys. SmasherBasher mentioned that a certain Seasonic uses 175ft of wires. I have never done a sleeving job so this is going to sound noob but: Couldn't you just sleeve the beginning portion of the wires that exit out of the psu, and the very ends of the wires that actually connect to the mobo and to drives etc? Most of the wires would be hidden through cable management in a case, and the only exposed areas would be the part immediately coming out of the psu and the ones making the connections to the components. Wouldn't this significantly lower the amount of sleeving required?
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicy61 View Post
Quick question guys. SmasherBasher mentioned that a certain Seasonic uses 175ft of wires. I have never done a sleeving job so this is going to sound noob but: Couldn't you just sleeve the beginning portion of the wires that exit out of the psu, and the very ends of the wires that actually connect to the mobo and to drives etc? Most of the wires would be hidden through cable management in a case, and the only exposed areas would be the part immediately coming out of the psu and the ones making the connections to the components. Wouldn't this significantly lower the amount of sleeving required?
You surely could, but why would you do twice the work of using twice as much heat shrink and having to melt it twice? Now instead of 2 pieces per wire, you have 4. Not to say that you couldn't. I just wouldn't. It would take much longer to do.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Case Mods
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Case Mods › Ordering MDPC or FTWPC sleeve soon, need your opinion