Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › I feel like my FPS has gotten worse BC2?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I feel like my FPS has gotten worse BC2? - Page 3

post #21 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFrizzy View Post
Children, children..
Children ? we're communicating, is anyone punching walls or screaming ?

No.

Intelligent communication is how we advance, plus, I solved your issue, but, I'm talking to someone else about something.

Edit - It just occurred to me your comment might of been directed at the giant vagina picture.. haha..
Edited by Ascii Aficionado - 7/22/11 at 10:14pm
post #22 of 33
lol my frames jumped up good when i got my 2500k coming from a q9550 it made a diffrence
post #23 of 33
Banhammer incoming lulz
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 920 @ 3629MHz 24/7 Sapphire PURE CrossFireX 790GX Sapphire HD6870 (8800gts PhysX) 4GB (2x2GB) OCZ PC2-9200 LV blades 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
320GB + 250GB + 500GB + 1TB Vista Home Premium / Win 7 Ultimate x64 Samsung 40" 1920x1080 Razer Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750W Antec 900 Razer Copperhead Tempest Blue Razer eXact Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 920 @ 3629MHz 24/7 Sapphire PURE CrossFireX 790GX Sapphire HD6870 (8800gts PhysX) 4GB (2x2GB) OCZ PC2-9200 LV blades 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
320GB + 250GB + 500GB + 1TB Vista Home Premium / Win 7 Ultimate x64 Samsung 40" 1920x1080 Razer Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750W Antec 900 Razer Copperhead Tempest Blue Razer eXact Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by headcracker View Post
Banhammer incoming lulz
haha, definitely, wasn't expecting to see a giant vagina when I refreshed the page, it was beautiful though.
post #25 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascii Aficionado View Post
haha, definitely, wasn't expecting to see a giant vagina when I refreshed the page, it was beautiful though.
I agree. And, I AGREE lol
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 920 @ 3629MHz 24/7 Sapphire PURE CrossFireX 790GX Sapphire HD6870 (8800gts PhysX) 4GB (2x2GB) OCZ PC2-9200 LV blades 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
320GB + 250GB + 500GB + 1TB Vista Home Premium / Win 7 Ultimate x64 Samsung 40" 1920x1080 Razer Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750W Antec 900 Razer Copperhead Tempest Blue Razer eXact Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 920 @ 3629MHz 24/7 Sapphire PURE CrossFireX 790GX Sapphire HD6870 (8800gts PhysX) 4GB (2x2GB) OCZ PC2-9200 LV blades 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
320GB + 250GB + 500GB + 1TB Vista Home Premium / Win 7 Ultimate x64 Samsung 40" 1920x1080 Razer Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750W Antec 900 Razer Copperhead Tempest Blue Razer eXact Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 33
Lol I'm guessing mr.deathwish was judst all done with his previous 16 posts and was looking for a way to leave the site?

Sent from my VELOCITIZED LG Ally
facebook machine
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Asrock p67 extreme4 saphire 6870 ripjaws X 1600mhz 8gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
seagate 250gb 5400rpm vertex 3 max iops hp dvdrw cooler master v8 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
win7 Acer s230hl logitech k350 corsair tx650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
nzxt m59 logitech m510 wowpad microthin jbl audio stereo speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
facebook machine
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Asrock p67 extreme4 saphire 6870 ripjaws X 1600mhz 8gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
seagate 250gb 5400rpm vertex 3 max iops hp dvdrw cooler master v8 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
win7 Acer s230hl logitech k350 corsair tx650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
nzxt m59 logitech m510 wowpad microthin jbl audio stereo speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 33
yea same thing with my 6850, might be drivers. Might be the settings
Sunfire
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 MSI P55A-G55 XFX 6850 8GB MUSHKIN 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2tb Green WD+640aaks Windows 7 x64 Dell 23" sw2309 Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair hx520 Antec p182 Logitech G5 Sphex 
  hide details  
Reply
Sunfire
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 MSI P55A-G55 XFX 6850 8GB MUSHKIN 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2tb Green WD+640aaks Windows 7 x64 Dell 23" sw2309 Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair hx520 Antec p182 Logitech G5 Sphex 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascii Aficionado View Post
Children ? we're communicating, is anyone punching walls or screaming ?

No.

Intelligent communication is how we advance, plus, I solved your issue, but, I'm talking to someone else about something.

Edit - It just occurred to me your comment might of been directed at the giant vagina picture.. haha..
LOL

Did somebody actually post that?

Sorry if I sounded a little harsh. It just gets me up in my seat because of the many bad recommendations I see. I have seem some ugly things, man. People RMAing cards, receiving the new ones only to find out the problem persists and it was only a driver related problem.
Not to mention it's also the PSU. "it's either X or your PSU". Some other times it's RAM. At least here on OCN it's not common to see "you need a 2gb video card with 192bits and some ddr3 with 1278946122gbs because the more GBs the faster the RAM! and the higher timings because the more the better! Also get 4 sticks to quadruple-super-ultra-fast channel! don't forget to get that CPU with 999mbs of cache because 'it's good'. For the hard drive get that one with 7200rpm and cache."

Am I the only one that get itchy when I hear those things?
post #29 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by EduFurtado View Post

LOL

Did somebody actually post that?
Yes, yes someone did. It was someone with 16 posts and 0 rep. The picture was actually quite beautiful, it wasn't ugly, it was massive too though. Picture was 1920x1080 before it resized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EduFurtado View Post
Sorry if I sounded a little harsh. It just gets me up in my seat because of the many bad recommendations I see. I have seem some ugly things, man. People RMAing cards, receiving the new ones only to find out the problem persists and it was only a driver related problem.
Not to mention it's also the PSU. "it's either X or your PSU". Some other times it's RAM. At least here on OCN it's not common to see "you need a 2gb video card with 192bits and some ddr3 with 1278946122gbs because the more GBs the faster the RAM! and the higher timings because the more the better! Also get 4 sticks to quadruple-super-ultra-fast channel! don't forget to get that CPU with 999mbs of cache because 'it's good'. For the hard drive get that one with 7200rpm and cache."


Am I the only one that get itchy when I hear those things?
It makes sense, my original comment didn't automatically include "reinstall your drivers" as I first wanted to see benchmarks for that card since I actually don't know what it's capable of, I just listed the ram as a variable, and it does look like I was inferring it could be the new issue, which I wasn't.

I also listed my system since I also play with HBAO off and I have a considerably weaker proc then him, the cards are fairly equivalent, which I found out 2 minutes later via benchmarks, so I knew something was up with his system just form base performance.

And yes, I completely agree, people think some random experience validates everything else as unequivocal proof and law. It really means most people don't pay attention to what's relative to that specific person's issues and just spout of basic things.
post #30 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascii Aficionado View Post
The amount you need on current systems, once you cross a threshold, is relative to how much you multitask too. So the Deneb statement doesn't seem correct to me, though I understand the logic of why you said it. The performance of the proc itself is likely in older systems and people have lower requirements for what they need in those systems. We're both correct, from different points of view.

Edit - Plus, it's always wise to have more ram then you need.
With the Deneb, the IMC does not like more than 2 sticks of ram. That is why he said it would be taxing on the Deneb proc.

I currently have 4 X 2gb in my system and I had to downclock the speeds of the ram to get over seize ups and some other unflattering effects from all those DIMMS.

More ram is always good to have, for sure, just make sure with Deneb, you say increase ram amount while maintaining only 2 sticks to avoid any plug and play issues.
BiTStream
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 BE 3.9GHz MSI 790FX-GD70 MSI GTX 580 TFII | MSI GTS 250 TF G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB (2x4) DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
X25-M (OS) X25-V (Games) | 2x Spinpoint F3 1TB Lite-on/Samsung Win7 Pro x64 | Ubuntu Studio x64 Samsung B2430H | Acer AL2216W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair TX750 Antec 900 (Modded) Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
BiTStream
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 BE 3.9GHz MSI 790FX-GD70 MSI GTX 580 TFII | MSI GTS 250 TF G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB (2x4) DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
X25-M (OS) X25-V (Games) | 2x Spinpoint F3 1TB Lite-on/Samsung Win7 Pro x64 | Ubuntu Studio x64 Samsung B2430H | Acer AL2216W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair TX750 Antec 900 (Modded) Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › I feel like my FPS has gotten worse BC2?