Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [YT] Halo anniversary gameplay video
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[YT] Halo anniversary gameplay video - Page 11

post #101 of 146
Halo 3 on PC Please...

Ill have to change my screen name from "halocankissmyass" which ive been using on all FPS's for the past few years lol.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 ASUS P655DE GTX 460 (890MHZ) 6GB OCZ (DDR3) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
550GB Total (nothing special here) WIN 7 Samsung P2350 (60HZ) BFG 800WATT 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Skeleton Case (very cool) Logitec gaming mouse Anti static mat 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 ASUS P655DE GTX 460 (890MHZ) 6GB OCZ (DDR3) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
550GB Total (nothing special here) WIN 7 Samsung P2350 (60HZ) BFG 800WATT 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Skeleton Case (very cool) Logitec gaming mouse Anti static mat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #102 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzon View Post
BR fights are harder because the BR has a spread, and the bullet travel isn't instant anymore. "Tricks" in Halo 2 like the BXR were not what made it a "skillful" game; nade bounce, BR grouping, sniping, teamwork, map control, and weapon timing were. Yes, I do know people played Halo, since I bought it 2 days after it came out.

How can you expect anyone to take you seriously? I guarantee I can spell better than you.

Sorry, forgot I was arguing with a five year-old child. Plenty of the top MLG players happen to love Construct.
BXR and RRX definitely made the game more skillful especially since they could be mastered. The rest of what you said is only helping my argument.

It's funny how you have to resort to nit picking on spelling to make yourself feel like you're making your argument stronger.

And so the personal insults begin. Just because mlg players have a personal favorite on halo 3 doesn't mean it's one of the best maps of halo. Obviously they're going to have personal favorites for the game they're playing. If you asked any of the MLG players who also played halo 2 what their favorite maps were out of all the games, they would probably answer lockout, sanctuary, midship, or any of those halo 2 maps. Yes they've been remade, but none of them have been good as the original.
Edited by revamper - 7/24/11 at 7:38pm
x79
(13 items)
 
x58
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5-1650 v2 | 4.5 GHz ASUS X79 DELUXE EVGA GTX 1080 ACX G.Skill 16GB | DDR3 2133 CL9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
840 EVO [2x250GB RAID 0] | WD10EZEX Phanteks PH-TC14PE W10 x64 ASUS VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K65 LUX RGB MX Red EVGA 750 G2 Corsair Air 540 Corsair M65 PRO RGB 
Audio
ASUS Xonar DX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5670 | 3.7 GHz Foxconn BloodRage GIGABYTE GTX 670 2 GB SLI G.Skill 6GB | DDR3 1333 CL7 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
M4 128GB | 2xWD640AAKS [RAID0] Scythe Mugen 2 W7 x64 Microsoft SideWinder x4 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair 750TX Corsair 500R White Corsair Raptor M45 ASUS Xonar DX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium G4560 ASRock H110-STX Intel HD Graphics 610 G.SKILL 8GB | DDR4 2400 CL16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Black 256GB M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0 WD Black 750GB SATA Noctua NH-L9i W10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ RL2455HM Corsair STRAFE RGB MX Silent 120W/19V Power Adapter ASRock DeskMini 
MouseAudio
Corsair Raptor M45 Realtek ALC283 
  hide details  
Reply
x79
(13 items)
 
x58
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5-1650 v2 | 4.5 GHz ASUS X79 DELUXE EVGA GTX 1080 ACX G.Skill 16GB | DDR3 2133 CL9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
840 EVO [2x250GB RAID 0] | WD10EZEX Phanteks PH-TC14PE W10 x64 ASUS VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K65 LUX RGB MX Red EVGA 750 G2 Corsair Air 540 Corsair M65 PRO RGB 
Audio
ASUS Xonar DX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5670 | 3.7 GHz Foxconn BloodRage GIGABYTE GTX 670 2 GB SLI G.Skill 6GB | DDR3 1333 CL7 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
M4 128GB | 2xWD640AAKS [RAID0] Scythe Mugen 2 W7 x64 Microsoft SideWinder x4 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair 750TX Corsair 500R White Corsair Raptor M45 ASUS Xonar DX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium G4560 ASRock H110-STX Intel HD Graphics 610 G.SKILL 8GB | DDR4 2400 CL16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Black 256GB M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0 WD Black 750GB SATA Noctua NH-L9i W10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ RL2455HM Corsair STRAFE RGB MX Silent 120W/19V Power Adapter ASRock DeskMini 
MouseAudio
Corsair Raptor M45 Realtek ALC283 
  hide details  
Reply
post #103 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by revamper View Post
BXR and RRX definitely made the game more skillful especially since they could be mastered. The rest of what you said is only helping my argument.
No, you're right, Halo needs more exploitable glitches. That's what makes it competitive.

Quote:
And so the personal insults begin.
They began with "I CAN GAURANTEE IM BETTER THAN YOU". Remember that?
post #104 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzon View Post
No, you're right, Halo needs more exploitable glitches. That's what makes it competitive.
Yeah, I would think that they helped H2 be a bit more competitive.
post #105 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faint View Post
Yeah, I would think that they helped H2 be a bit more competitive.
Apparently I don't understand what you mean by competitive. My friends and I always cherished the Halo competitive scene because it required teamwork and knowledge of the map that few others shooters could demand. I didn't realize that to be competitive was to master "BXR". Frankly, I could never care less about that crap.

Honestly, if exploitable bugs are what you desire, you guys would love Reach. Between getting killed after bulltrues and spamming armor lock to glitch it, there's plenty of "skill" to go around.
Edited by Narzon - 7/24/11 at 8:24pm
post #106 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzon View Post
Apparently I don't understand what you mean by competitive. My friends and I always cherished the Halo competitive scene because it required teamwork and knowledge of the map that few others shooters could demand. I didn't realize that to be competitive was to master "BXR". Frankly, I could never care less about that crap.

Honestly, if exploitable bugs are what you desire, you guys would love Reach. Between getting killed after bulltrues and spamming armor lock to glitch it, there's plenty of "skill" to go around.
Well, yeah, it seems that you don't; but that's cool, you don't have to.

Just going to tell you that because of "that crap", H2 became so much more enjoyable than it already was. If you don't understand the reason behind it, well I'm sorry but that's your loss.

Honestly, I do like Reach better than H3 but it still sucks compared to H2. I pretty much hate all of the abilities in Reach with the exception of Evade and Dash/Sprint. The rest shouldn't even be there, just my opinion.
post #107 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faint View Post

Just going to tell you that because of "that crap", H2 became so much more enjoyable than it already was. If you don't understand the reason behind it, well I'm sorry but that's your loss.
Really? That's what made Halo 2 enjoyable? BxR? All these years, I thought it was the 16-player games of Zombies, Tower of Power, Cat n Mouse, and Tremors. I thought it was the matchmaking system that dominated any other console multiplayer lobby system out at the time. I thought it was the unique weapons and vehicles, the awesome maps, and the competitive ranking system. I really had no idea that it became the most popular online console title of its time because of exploitable glitches that a few people used.
post #108 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzon View Post
Really? That's what made Halo 2 enjoyable? BxR? All these years, I thought it was the 16-player games of Zombies, Tower of Power, Cat n Mouse, and Tremors. I thought it was the matchmaking system that dominated any other console multiplayer lobby system out at the time. I thought it was the unique weapons and vehicles, the awesome maps, and the competitive ranking system. I really had no idea that it became the most popular online console title of its time because of exploitable glitches that a few people used.
I don't understand why you defend H2 and make fun of it at the same time. It blows my mind how you didn't see how amazing H2 was. And how the whole accidental glitched X button gave H2 something that made it so unique. I pity you.
x79
(13 items)
 
x58
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5-1650 v2 | 4.5 GHz ASUS X79 DELUXE EVGA GTX 1080 ACX G.Skill 16GB | DDR3 2133 CL9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
840 EVO [2x250GB RAID 0] | WD10EZEX Phanteks PH-TC14PE W10 x64 ASUS VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K65 LUX RGB MX Red EVGA 750 G2 Corsair Air 540 Corsair M65 PRO RGB 
Audio
ASUS Xonar DX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5670 | 3.7 GHz Foxconn BloodRage GIGABYTE GTX 670 2 GB SLI G.Skill 6GB | DDR3 1333 CL7 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
M4 128GB | 2xWD640AAKS [RAID0] Scythe Mugen 2 W7 x64 Microsoft SideWinder x4 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair 750TX Corsair 500R White Corsair Raptor M45 ASUS Xonar DX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium G4560 ASRock H110-STX Intel HD Graphics 610 G.SKILL 8GB | DDR4 2400 CL16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Black 256GB M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0 WD Black 750GB SATA Noctua NH-L9i W10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ RL2455HM Corsair STRAFE RGB MX Silent 120W/19V Power Adapter ASRock DeskMini 
MouseAudio
Corsair Raptor M45 Realtek ALC283 
  hide details  
Reply
x79
(13 items)
 
x58
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5-1650 v2 | 4.5 GHz ASUS X79 DELUXE EVGA GTX 1080 ACX G.Skill 16GB | DDR3 2133 CL9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
840 EVO [2x250GB RAID 0] | WD10EZEX Phanteks PH-TC14PE W10 x64 ASUS VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K65 LUX RGB MX Red EVGA 750 G2 Corsair Air 540 Corsair M65 PRO RGB 
Audio
ASUS Xonar DX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5670 | 3.7 GHz Foxconn BloodRage GIGABYTE GTX 670 2 GB SLI G.Skill 6GB | DDR3 1333 CL7 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
M4 128GB | 2xWD640AAKS [RAID0] Scythe Mugen 2 W7 x64 Microsoft SideWinder x4 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair 750TX Corsair 500R White Corsair Raptor M45 ASUS Xonar DX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium G4560 ASRock H110-STX Intel HD Graphics 610 G.SKILL 8GB | DDR4 2400 CL16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Black 256GB M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0 WD Black 750GB SATA Noctua NH-L9i W10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ RL2455HM Corsair STRAFE RGB MX Silent 120W/19V Power Adapter ASRock DeskMini 
MouseAudio
Corsair Raptor M45 Realtek ALC283 
  hide details  
Reply
post #109 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by revamper View Post
I don't understand why you defend H2 and make fun of it at the same time. It blows my mind how you didn't see how amazing H2 was. And how the whole accidental glitched X button gave H2 something that made it so unique. I pity you.
Maybe you're confused, because I never said I didn't absolutely love Halo 2, I played it for 3 years straight. I loved it because of the gameplay, not because of some broken exploit a few people used.
Thanks for the pity, though I don't see what you pity me for.
No, wait, I understand. The phrase "I pity you" is applied to childish arguments to make them condescending. Of course.
post #110 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzon View Post
Maybe you're confused, because I never said I didn't absolutely love Halo 2, I played it for 3 years straight. I loved it because of the gameplay, not because of some broken exploit a few people used.
Thanks for the pity, though I don't see what you pity me for.
No, wait, I understand. The phrase "I pity you" is applied to childish arguments to make them condescending. Of course.
And there he goes trying to be intelligent.
x79
(13 items)
 
x58
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5-1650 v2 | 4.5 GHz ASUS X79 DELUXE EVGA GTX 1080 ACX G.Skill 16GB | DDR3 2133 CL9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
840 EVO [2x250GB RAID 0] | WD10EZEX Phanteks PH-TC14PE W10 x64 ASUS VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K65 LUX RGB MX Red EVGA 750 G2 Corsair Air 540 Corsair M65 PRO RGB 
Audio
ASUS Xonar DX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5670 | 3.7 GHz Foxconn BloodRage GIGABYTE GTX 670 2 GB SLI G.Skill 6GB | DDR3 1333 CL7 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
M4 128GB | 2xWD640AAKS [RAID0] Scythe Mugen 2 W7 x64 Microsoft SideWinder x4 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair 750TX Corsair 500R White Corsair Raptor M45 ASUS Xonar DX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium G4560 ASRock H110-STX Intel HD Graphics 610 G.SKILL 8GB | DDR4 2400 CL16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Black 256GB M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0 WD Black 750GB SATA Noctua NH-L9i W10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ RL2455HM Corsair STRAFE RGB MX Silent 120W/19V Power Adapter ASRock DeskMini 
MouseAudio
Corsair Raptor M45 Realtek ALC283 
  hide details  
Reply
x79
(13 items)
 
x58
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5-1650 v2 | 4.5 GHz ASUS X79 DELUXE EVGA GTX 1080 ACX G.Skill 16GB | DDR3 2133 CL9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
840 EVO [2x250GB RAID 0] | WD10EZEX Phanteks PH-TC14PE W10 x64 ASUS VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K65 LUX RGB MX Red EVGA 750 G2 Corsair Air 540 Corsair M65 PRO RGB 
Audio
ASUS Xonar DX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5670 | 3.7 GHz Foxconn BloodRage GIGABYTE GTX 670 2 GB SLI G.Skill 6GB | DDR3 1333 CL7 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
M4 128GB | 2xWD640AAKS [RAID0] Scythe Mugen 2 W7 x64 Microsoft SideWinder x4 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair 750TX Corsair 500R White Corsair Raptor M45 ASUS Xonar DX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium G4560 ASRock H110-STX Intel HD Graphics 610 G.SKILL 8GB | DDR4 2400 CL16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Black 256GB M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0 WD Black 750GB SATA Noctua NH-L9i W10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ RL2455HM Corsair STRAFE RGB MX Silent 120W/19V Power Adapter ASRock DeskMini 
MouseAudio
Corsair Raptor M45 Realtek ALC283 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [YT] Halo anniversary gameplay video