Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › Suggest High Quality Headsets!!! Please... :)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suggest High Quality Headsets!!! Please... :)

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
HI All.....I own XonarDX Soundcard and Sony's MDRXD-100 Headphones.

My Preferrenced used for headphones:

Hardcore Gamer(FPS,RPG,Action,Adventure singleplayers) I love being immersed in games by sound so sound/directive/positional sound as well as music in gaming are of Utmost imp.(Infact I ambuying a new headsets for gaming only & was going for a 5.1headsets but heard frm this site that there are other headsets that provides better quality than 5.1 gaming headsets both in terms of sound/music quality as well as direction and positional sound)


I dont have much knowledge of being an audiophile and technical terms but I want to listen Music(another imp. preference) and watch movies in highest quality possbile HD-audio etc. So would like to have an all-round headphones which could blow mind in gaming through 5.1 sound and also in music and movies.

Another thing, Are headphones better than speakers and can they provide that bass/impact of guns bombs/missiles exploding in games movies so that you can feel.
My budget is around 200$ and can go a little up n down.

And how good are these sony's xd100 headphones I am using compared to which u all are telling as it seems that sound in games sometimes are'nt that directive/positional.
post #2 of 19
Everyone here will ask musical preferences and then suggest the highest price cans you can afford and a Zalman clip on mic.
5.1 and 7.1 cannot be correctly emulated on headphones, regardless of the number of speakers, or so the consensus goes. I personally have not tried a 5.1/7.1 headset, so I don't know. Your soundcard will be irrelevant if you get a USB headset.
I have a pair of Razer Carcharias. I enjoy them paired with my Titanium HD. You should try as many sets as you can within your price range and decide for yourself what sounds best to you.
I PERSONALLY feel that no headphone can really do the same job as a quality set of actual speakers, but this is very subjective and does not take into account your home AV setup.
Blue Fury
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8 6600k asus Sapphire 290X Tri-OCX 4GB 2x4 (8)GB G-Skill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZVertex3 60GB Seagate 1TB WD 500GB Samsung 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 850 ASUS DVDRW24x Corsair H100 W10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
55" 4k Hisense Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Corsair CX750 AzzA Hurrican 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder 3500 Diablo3 RoS LE onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue Fury
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8 6600k asus Sapphire 290X Tri-OCX 4GB 2x4 (8)GB G-Skill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZVertex3 60GB Seagate 1TB WD 500GB Samsung 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 850 ASUS DVDRW24x Corsair H100 W10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
55" 4k Hisense Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Corsair CX750 AzzA Hurrican 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Deathadder 3500 Diablo3 RoS LE onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 19
Thread Starter 
Well but 5.1 speakers in 200$ to 300$ range doesnt havthat gud quality compared to 2.1 ins sort of same range ,its all about surround sound experience in gaming and movies (also for which I compared headphones & speakers)

My Music choice say includes all genres biggrin.gif
post #4 of 19
Might be a little cheaper than what you want, but I love my AD700s to death. I was ready to drop $500 on some cans but ended up trying the AD700s for only about $110 after so many suggestions.

Couldn't be happier with them. Paired up with a Titanium HD and the Zalman clip-on.

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk.
Intellect v2
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K Processor ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO LGA1151 DDR4 M.2 SAT... EVGA GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0 Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB DDR4 2400 MT/s (PC... 
CoolingKeyboardPowerCase
Noctua NH-D15 Das Keyboard 4 Professional (Brown) Corsair AX860 Fractal Design Define R5 
Mouse
MIONIX NAOS 7000 
  hide details  
Reply
Intellect v2
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K Processor ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO LGA1151 DDR4 M.2 SAT... EVGA GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0 Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB DDR4 2400 MT/s (PC... 
CoolingKeyboardPowerCase
Noctua NH-D15 Das Keyboard 4 Professional (Brown) Corsair AX860 Fractal Design Define R5 
Mouse
MIONIX NAOS 7000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 19
Thread Starter 
Othersuggestions!!!! frown.gif
post #6 of 19
HD555, AD700, Sharkoons, Any Razer headset... Dude just pick one and be happy with it.. so whats the worst thing that can happen??? ITs going to be better then what you have now lol
9143
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k 1.22V 4.7Ghz OC AIR 59C load ASUS Z170-A Gigabyte 7870 1100/1200 OC Crucial Sport 8GB 2400 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
BX100 250GB Windows 10 64 bit Anti Beacon Asus VH242H Supernova 550 Evga 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air 540 Logitech G400 A black one Cyber Acoustics Speakers 
AudioAudio
Scarlett 2i2 Status HD headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
9143
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k 1.22V 4.7Ghz OC AIR 59C load ASUS Z170-A Gigabyte 7870 1100/1200 OC Crucial Sport 8GB 2400 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
BX100 250GB Windows 10 64 bit Anti Beacon Asus VH242H Supernova 550 Evga 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air 540 Logitech G400 A black one Cyber Acoustics Speakers 
AudioAudio
Scarlett 2i2 Status HD headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 19
HD555/595/598s are also popular around here. If you want a pair of ~$200 pair of headphones, then go for the Audio Technica AD900. If you want some bass, then get the A900 version. Another option would be the Sennheiser HD600, but those are a bit more unless you buy used. You would also need a soundcard/headphone amplifier to get the most out of them.
post #8 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabu840;14319797 
HI All.....I own XonarDX Soundcard and Sony's MDRXD-100 Headphones.

My Preferrenced used for headphones:

Hardcore Gamer(FPS,RPG,Action,Adventure singleplayers) I love being immersed in games by sound so sound/directive/positional sound as well as music in gaming are of Utmost imp.(Infact I ambuying a new headsets for gaming only & was going for a 5.1headsets but heard frm this site that there are other headsets that provides better quality than 5.1 gaming headsets both in terms of sound/music quality as well as direction and positional sound)


I dont have much knowledge of being an audiophile and technical terms but I want to listen Music(another imp. preference) and watch movies in highest quality possbile HD-audio etc. So would like to have an all-round headphones which could blow mind in gaming through 5.1 sound and also in music and movies.

Another thing, Are headphones better than speakers and can they provide that bass/impact of guns bombs/missiles exploding in games movies so that you can feel.
My budget is around 200$ and can go a little up n down.

And how good are these sony's xd100 headphones I am using compared to which u all are telling as it seems that sound in games sometimes are'nt that directive/positional.

Speakers are way better then headphones. Hence why I got speakers for sound quality and headsets for gaming. Sound quality and convenience; no poor mic to go with it either.

But you can find poop speakers just like you can find poop headphones. I wouldn't invest in any good headphones unless I'm willing to pay 100-200 for a dedicated amp, and 200-300 for the headphones.
post #9 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino;14320865 
Speakers are way better then headphones. Hence why I got speakers for sound quality and headsets for gaming. Sound quality and convenience; no poor mic to go with it either.

But you can find poop speakers just like you can find poop headphones. I wouldn't invest in any good headphones unless I'm willing to pay 100-200 for a dedicated amp, and 200-300 for the headphones.

Speakers are better for what? General music listening or movies, maybe. For gaming, private listening, or monitoring on a budget, headphones are the better choice.
post #10 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville;14320366 
HD555/595/598s are also popular around here. If you want a pair of ~$200 pair of headphones, then go for the Audio Technica AD900. If you want some bass, then get the A900 version. Another option would be the Sennheiser HD600, but those are a bit more unless you buy used. You would also need a soundcard/headphone amplifier to get the most out of them.

Ya i own Xonar Dx soundcard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Cards and Computer Audio
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › Suggest High Quality Headsets!!! Please... :)