Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock.net Forum › Overclock.net Related News and Information › Overclock.net Presents August Ice, an Extreme Overclocking Demonstration
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Overclock.net Presents August Ice, an Extreme Overclocking Demonstration - Page 40

post #391 of 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeCuztoms View Post
ok..... there is 1 thing i had in mind with the sign in sheet @ the event.

Corsair gave me a ax1200, ax750 and a kit of Vengeance CMZ6GX3M3A2000C10

So, this is what I'm gonna do.

Mikecdm is going to do a review of these sticks on x58 and Sandy Bridge. He will make a post in the HWBot bench team section and post the review.

one of these guys will win the kit for FREE.



So... be watching. We will have Mikecdm post a link to his review here so these guys know where to go to see the review and see if they win the memory..
I had a great time watching you guys bench and learning a thing or 2 for my Son and I to possibly give DICE a shot (as a start )

It's cool to finally meet you guys in person too and the giveaway is icing on the cake and will make one of us very happy. Looking forward to seeing the review. Good Luck on your Hiatus Dave, hope you'll be back soon to entertain us again.
P67A-UD4-B3
(14 items)
 
  
Reply
P67A-UD4-B3
(14 items)
 
  
Reply
post #392 of 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood406 View Post
I had a great time watching you guys bench and learning a thing or 2 for my Son and I to possibly give DICE a shot (as a start )

It's cool to finally meet you guys in person too and the giveaway is icing on the cake and will make one of us very happy. Looking forward to seeing the review. Good Luck on your Hiatus Dave, hope you'll be back soon to entertain us again.
Yeah, you guys were great to talk to. Most of the time the insulation prep is what gets people confused when start to use DICE so if you have any questions shoot me a PM or post in the DICE/LN2 section and we can assits you in getting all the stuff you need and what to do.
The HedgeHog
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770K Z77-UP7 MSI GTX 680 Twin 4 Gig G.Skill Trident X 2600's and some Dom's Hypers 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Yes, lots of them. LN2  The smallest one I can get! Samsung 2333 HD 23" 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corisar 1200 AX=1.21 jigawatts Fractal Design/Dimastech G5 Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
The HedgeHog
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770K Z77-UP7 MSI GTX 680 Twin 4 Gig G.Skill Trident X 2600's and some Dom's Hypers 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Yes, lots of them. LN2  The smallest one I can get! Samsung 2333 HD 23" 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corisar 1200 AX=1.21 jigawatts Fractal Design/Dimastech G5 Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
post #393 of 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGuru View Post
Yeah, you guys were great to talk to. Most of the time the insulation prep is what gets people confused when start to use DICE so if you have any questions shoot me a PM or post in the DICE/LN2 section and we can assits you in getting all the stuff you need and what to do.
Thanks for the Offer! We're already talking about giving DICE a shot and we'll certainly take you up on the advice. Unlike xxbassplayerxx......we have a few spare motherboards laying around that are just begging for extreme cooling!

I've already checked out the dice/ln2 thread and am forming an opinion on what parts to use based on your guy's advice. Things like the Koolance V2 and the Dragon Skin are high on the list.

Heck we might even be extreme overclockers by the time XtremeCustomz Dave is ready for his next show, maybe we'll get an invitation!
P67A-UD4-B3
(14 items)
 
  
Reply
P67A-UD4-B3
(14 items)
 
  
Reply
post #394 of 459
I am located in Lake Orion so if you need some help I'm not far from you.
The HedgeHog
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770K Z77-UP7 MSI GTX 680 Twin 4 Gig G.Skill Trident X 2600's and some Dom's Hypers 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Yes, lots of them. LN2  The smallest one I can get! Samsung 2333 HD 23" 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corisar 1200 AX=1.21 jigawatts Fractal Design/Dimastech G5 Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
The HedgeHog
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770K Z77-UP7 MSI GTX 680 Twin 4 Gig G.Skill Trident X 2600's and some Dom's Hypers 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Yes, lots of them. LN2  The smallest one I can get! Samsung 2333 HD 23" 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corisar 1200 AX=1.21 jigawatts Fractal Design/Dimastech G5 Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
post #395 of 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood406 View Post
Thanks for the Offer! We're already talking about giving DICE a shot and we'll certainly take you up on the advice. Unlike xxbassplayerxx......we have a few spare motherboards laying around that are just begging for extreme cooling!

I've already checked out the dice/ln2 thread and am forming an opinion on what parts to use based on your guy's advice. Things like the Koolance V2 and the Dragon Skin are high on the list.

Heck we might even be extreme overclockers by the time XtremeCustomz Dave is ready for his next show, maybe we'll get an invitation!
The Koolance V2 is an excellent choice. NoGuru was using that pot the whole time throughout the weekend and it was holding his 1090T at -170C.
Mix & Match
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
775 / 1155 / AM3 TA890FXE / EP45T-USB3P / UP7 Far Too Many Hypers / PSC / BBSE 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
90GB Force GT / F3 1TB / WD 640GB Stripped ;) Dell Ultrasharp U2410 24in Enermax Evo 1250W 
Case
Dwood LN2 Bench 
  hide details  
Reply
Mix & Match
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
775 / 1155 / AM3 TA890FXE / EP45T-USB3P / UP7 Far Too Many Hypers / PSC / BBSE 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
90GB Force GT / F3 1TB / WD 640GB Stripped ;) Dell Ultrasharp U2410 24in Enermax Evo 1250W 
Case
Dwood LN2 Bench 
  hide details  
Reply
post #396 of 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobieCat View Post
The Koolance V2 is an excellent choice. NoGuru was using that pot the whole time throughout the weekend and it was holding his 1090T at -170C.
Wish they still sold the Rev1, it was cheaper and great for DICE. The Rev2 is awesome but a little over kill for DICE. Holds temps well and has a HUGE opening for pouring or holding.
Let me know if and when you go to buy Hollywood and I can try and find a used one if you are interested in that.
The HedgeHog
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770K Z77-UP7 MSI GTX 680 Twin 4 Gig G.Skill Trident X 2600's and some Dom's Hypers 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Yes, lots of them. LN2  The smallest one I can get! Samsung 2333 HD 23" 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corisar 1200 AX=1.21 jigawatts Fractal Design/Dimastech G5 Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
The HedgeHog
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770K Z77-UP7 MSI GTX 680 Twin 4 Gig G.Skill Trident X 2600's and some Dom's Hypers 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Yes, lots of them. LN2  The smallest one I can get! Samsung 2333 HD 23" 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corisar 1200 AX=1.21 jigawatts Fractal Design/Dimastech G5 Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
post #397 of 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGuru View Post
Wish they still sold the Rev1, it was cheaper and great for DICE. The Rev2 is awesome but a little over kill for DICE. Holds temps well and has a HUGE opening for pouring or holding.
Let me know if and when you go to buy Hollywood and I can try and find a used one if you are interested in that.
That would be great! I'd sure appreciate it. Bassplayer made the same offer. You, Bass, Dave and HobieCat have been great and I hope to start freezing things in the near future.
P67A-UD4-B3
(14 items)
 
  
Reply
P67A-UD4-B3
(14 items)
 
  
Reply
post #398 of 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGuru View Post
Tell you what, even though we had very little LN2 at the end, we all got some nice runs in late and it was great talking to all who showed up. I will write a little more of the event when I get more time in the next day or two. I managed 6.3ish on the 1090T and Bass and I worked on some SuperPi and piFast for pretty good results.
Here is a list of who showed up for OCN.

LUZER4LIFE
Battlecryawesome
Mariokiller64
Knightwolf654
RussianJ
axizov
elementskater706
Hollywood406
Krulexxx
Zabador
lostmaye
Hobbiecat
AlphaMackVega
Caustin


Oh and this http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1963270
Argh, its lostmage! =P
I guess my handwriting really is terrible.
Arcturus
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4690k @ 4.4ghz Asrock Z97 Pro4 Sapphire R9 390 G.Skill Sniper 2133mhz 8gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo 250gb WD Blue - 1Tb Mirrored Hyper 212 Evo Windows 8.1 
PowerCaseAudioAudio
XFX TS 650w Corsair Carbide 200r Fiio E10/E9 Stack AKG Q701 
Audio
Grado SR325e 
  hide details  
Reply
Arcturus
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4690k @ 4.4ghz Asrock Z97 Pro4 Sapphire R9 390 G.Skill Sniper 2133mhz 8gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo 250gb WD Blue - 1Tb Mirrored Hyper 212 Evo Windows 8.1 
PowerCaseAudioAudio
XFX TS 650w Corsair Carbide 200r Fiio E10/E9 Stack AKG Q701 
Audio
Grado SR325e 
  hide details  
Reply
post #399 of 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmage View Post
Argh, its lostmage! =P
I guess my handwriting really is terrible.
Everyones was terrible
Fixed
The HedgeHog
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770K Z77-UP7 MSI GTX 680 Twin 4 Gig G.Skill Trident X 2600's and some Dom's Hypers 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Yes, lots of them. LN2  The smallest one I can get! Samsung 2333 HD 23" 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corisar 1200 AX=1.21 jigawatts Fractal Design/Dimastech G5 Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
The HedgeHog
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770K Z77-UP7 MSI GTX 680 Twin 4 Gig G.Skill Trident X 2600's and some Dom's Hypers 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Yes, lots of them. LN2  The smallest one I can get! Samsung 2333 HD 23" 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corisar 1200 AX=1.21 jigawatts Fractal Design/Dimastech G5 Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
post #400 of 459
Thanks, at least I'm not alone =P
Arcturus
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4690k @ 4.4ghz Asrock Z97 Pro4 Sapphire R9 390 G.Skill Sniper 2133mhz 8gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo 250gb WD Blue - 1Tb Mirrored Hyper 212 Evo Windows 8.1 
PowerCaseAudioAudio
XFX TS 650w Corsair Carbide 200r Fiio E10/E9 Stack AKG Q701 
Audio
Grado SR325e 
  hide details  
Reply
Arcturus
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4690k @ 4.4ghz Asrock Z97 Pro4 Sapphire R9 390 G.Skill Sniper 2133mhz 8gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo 250gb WD Blue - 1Tb Mirrored Hyper 212 Evo Windows 8.1 
PowerCaseAudioAudio
XFX TS 650w Corsair Carbide 200r Fiio E10/E9 Stack AKG Q701 
Audio
Grado SR325e 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock.net Forum › Overclock.net Related News and Information › Overclock.net Presents August Ice, an Extreme Overclocking Demonstration