Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › questions about MSI Hawk GTX 560 Ti
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

questions about MSI Hawk GTX 560 Ti - Page 2

post #11 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
I got that. Right now, I'm confused regarding what the BIOS hookup (white header beside the switch) does. Any info?
oh sry my bad you mean the 3pin connector next to the bios switch.
sry i dont know

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL3P20 View Post
what is this 'reserved' area? anyone have a pic?
the resevered area does not have a dot thingy behind its pin thuo so not sure it it does anything



post #12 of 20
if someone has a DMM.. put a probe on the pins and 1x to ground... see if those things are connected at all.. if they are for flashing or diag. they should have a path to ground somewheres...

Q- is it 2 pins or 3?
post #13 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowie View Post
the resevered area does not have a dot thingy behind its pin thuo so not sure it it does anything
That's actually why it doesn't have a solder dot behind the pin, because it is "reserved" and may be used for diagnostic purposes when turned-in for repairs I presume.
post #14 of 20
Thread Starter 
Bump! Even MSIAlex doesn't know the answer to this and he seems to not want to help.
post #15 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
Bump! Even MSIAlex doesn't know the answer to this and he seems to not want to help.
I think it's a safe assumption silent mode is enforcing idle or low clocks and also drastically limiting fan speed, something like that.

I imagine it wouldn't be for anything else.

I have this card, and I personally see no need to use Silent Mode as the card's almost completely silent when it's idle.
post #16 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascii Aficionado View Post
I think it's a safe assumption silent mode is enforcing idle or low clocks and also drastically limiting fan speed, something like that.

I imagine it wouldn't be for anything else.

I have this card, and I personally see no need to use Silent Mode as the card's almost completely silent when it's idle.
I'm asking about the BIOS hookup header not the fan switch
post #17 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
I'm asking about the BIOS hookup header not the fan switch
Oh, ok

I actually can't find another card that has this either, so I can't get an explanation. It's likely a Bios backup or something, just guessing.
post #18 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascii Aficionado View Post
Oh, ok

I actually can't find another card that has this either, so I can't get an explanation. It's likely a Bios backup or something, just guessing.
You mean new Hawk 560 Ti cards now don't have the Bios hookup header?
post #19 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
You mean new Hawk 560 Ti cards now don't have the Bios hookup header?
No, I meant any other card, as in series, brand, model.

Seems only the Hawk has this, that I could find.
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
Bump! Even MSIAlex doesn't know the answer to this and he seems to not want to help.
I'll tell you the same thing I told you in PM:

If it was anything close to being a feature that you (end user) should know about, I would tell you the answer.

I am not going to pull out PCB blueprint diagrams just so this answer can be answered/addressed. Frankly there's a lot of things that doesn't need to be completely explained.

If you think this is "bad customer service", then you are sorely mistaken. You do realize that BIOS flashing is something that can void your warranty, and MSI provides no support on actions that can void warranty? (I bring this up because you seem to suggest it as a BIOS flashing tool when there is no information on it.)

In any case, I already told you: if it's actually a feature that you, the user, can use, I would have told you about it already in your very first question. Take that however way you wish. If it's bad customer service, then I'm sorry.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Extreme X6800 NVIDIA reference 790i Ultra NVIDIA GeForce GTX280 4GB DDR3 Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Raptor 150GB XP SP3 Dell 2407WFP Logitech 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec P180 Logitech MX518 Ikea desk 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Extreme X6800 NVIDIA reference 790i Ultra NVIDIA GeForce GTX280 4GB DDR3 Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Raptor 150GB XP SP3 Dell 2407WFP Logitech 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec P180 Logitech MX518 Ikea desk 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › questions about MSI Hawk GTX 560 Ti