Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › Not a Flame Thread, Buyers Question. Sabertooth or CrosshairV?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Not a Flame Thread, Buyers Question. Sabertooth or CrosshairV? - Page 2

post #11 of 19
Power, Reset and the last one I believe is an "Overclock Genie" which automatically overclock and adjust the settings for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Bit View Post
I really want to know what those Buttons on my new soon to be Crosshair V are all about. . .
post #12 of 19
I have to agree with raisethe3 and zoid.srg ... either..two of the best in the world today. After owning, and I mean in more than one way, the Crosshair iv Extreme..
I was asking myself the same question when the new am3+ started coming out.
You see which way I went... and Im already waiting for VI...best of luck.c.
post #13 of 19
Well, hard to give actual opinios since i dont have both boards.

But, i have C5F and its a great board, many pci-e, many bios options, overclocks really good, but i bet sabertooth does the same.

Bottom line, you gonna need 3 GPU?

No? And wanna same some money? -> Sabertooth.

Both are 990FX dont see where there can be much diference.
post #14 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Well, hard to give actual opinios since i dont have both boards.

But, i have C5F and its a great board, many pci-e, many bios options, overclocks really good, but i bet sabertooth does the same.

Bottom line, you gonna need 3 GPU?

No? And wanna same some money? -> Sabertooth.

Both are 990FX dont see where there can be much diference.
Future plans are to QuadFire Via a 6990 addition in the aftermath of my Zambezi, (Provided my Zambezi lives up to its expectations, If it doesnt live up to its rumors, I will stay on Xfire 6970s)
Frankenstien
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 6x 1100T @ 4112.6Mhz Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 2xSapphire Radeon 6970 - 2Gb 2x4Gb Gskill Ripjaw 1600 Cas 7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Samsung F3 7200RPM OEM-Sony Windows 7 64Bit Home Acer 21.5'' 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitek ThermalTake Blackwidow 850W NZXT Gamma w/ 8xCase Fans Logitek 
  hide details  
Reply
Frankenstien
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 6x 1100T @ 4112.6Mhz Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 2xSapphire Radeon 6970 - 2Gb 2x4Gb Gskill Ripjaw 1600 Cas 7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Samsung F3 7200RPM OEM-Sony Windows 7 64Bit Home Acer 21.5'' 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitek ThermalTake Blackwidow 850W NZXT Gamma w/ 8xCase Fans Logitek 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 19
Well here to try to help even though I do not have either of these boards

Typically the ROG boards are very overclock friendly, meaning sub ambient World record contension class boards

The Sabertooth series has been introduced to try to bridge the gap so to speak by providing a fantastic above ambient overclocking board for the typical enthusiast. These boards will max any ambient solutions and provide great stability with in that arena.

Both boards are very feature rich with the ROG getting the nod for a few more bells and Whistles, mostly ROG connect.

This is what is typical of there Intel counter parts and am only guessing Asus follows suit with their AMD platform

Best of luck and end of the day

ROG = Extreme cooling

Tooth = Water and air
Leviathan
(27 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3930k MSI X79A-GD65 (8D) eVGA (SC) GTX Titan  eVGA (SC) GTX Titan  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Team Group 16GB Team Extreme 2400MHz 9-11-11-28 1T Samsung 128GB 830 Samsung 128GB 830 OCZ 120GB Solid 3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ 120GB Solid 3 Western Digital 640GB Black  4x Coolgate Quad 120mm Ultimate Heat Exchanger ... EK Supremacy Universal CPU Liquid Cooling Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
2x EK Geforce GTX Titan VGA Liquid Cooling Bloc... EK DDC X-RES Top 140 - Acetal w/250mm tube exte... EK DDC X-RES Top 140 - Acetal  8x Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition CO-90... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
7x Xigmatek AOS (Aeronautical Oil System Bearin... 8x Yate Loon 120 x 38mm Low Speed Silent Case F... 7 64 bit Crossover 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razor Black Widow Ultimant 2013 Corsair AX1200 CaseLabs TH10 Black TT Level 10M  
Mouse PadAudio
TT Landon  Creative 3D Recon 
  hide details  
Reply
Leviathan
(27 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3930k MSI X79A-GD65 (8D) eVGA (SC) GTX Titan  eVGA (SC) GTX Titan  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Team Group 16GB Team Extreme 2400MHz 9-11-11-28 1T Samsung 128GB 830 Samsung 128GB 830 OCZ 120GB Solid 3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ 120GB Solid 3 Western Digital 640GB Black  4x Coolgate Quad 120mm Ultimate Heat Exchanger ... EK Supremacy Universal CPU Liquid Cooling Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
2x EK Geforce GTX Titan VGA Liquid Cooling Bloc... EK DDC X-RES Top 140 - Acetal w/250mm tube exte... EK DDC X-RES Top 140 - Acetal  8x Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition CO-90... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
7x Xigmatek AOS (Aeronautical Oil System Bearin... 8x Yate Loon 120 x 38mm Low Speed Silent Case F... 7 64 bit Crossover 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razor Black Widow Ultimant 2013 Corsair AX1200 CaseLabs TH10 Black TT Level 10M  
Mouse PadAudio
TT Landon  Creative 3D Recon 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchdoctor View Post
Well here to try to help even though I do not have either of these boards

Typically the ROG boards are very overclock friendly, meaning sub ambient World record contension class boards

The Sabertooth series has been introduced to try to bridge the gap so to speak by providing a fantastic above ambient overclocking board for the typical enthusiast. These boards will max any ambient solutions and provide great stability with in that arena.

Both boards are very feature rich with the ROG getting the nod for a few more bells and Whistles, mostly ROG connect.

This is what is typical of there Intel counter parts and am only guessing Asus follows suit with their AMD platform

Best of luck and end of the day

ROG = Extreme cooling

Tooth = Water and air
Lol, well I budget everything, with the exception of my computer. I have a microphone from 1999 because it still transmits voice , attached to a $1400 PC, easily more money if I count shipping costs of RMA's and extras. . . I pretty much went all out for my PC, its CPU<-Soon a Zambezi-> Mobo/Ram/PSU/GPUs are all the best solution for its price, Intel is just never going to happen in 8Bits rigs. . But I am a very cheap person for anything but PCs and some mainstream electronics.
Edited by 8-Bit - 7/25/11 at 8:23am
Frankenstien
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 6x 1100T @ 4112.6Mhz Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 2xSapphire Radeon 6970 - 2Gb 2x4Gb Gskill Ripjaw 1600 Cas 7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Samsung F3 7200RPM OEM-Sony Windows 7 64Bit Home Acer 21.5'' 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitek ThermalTake Blackwidow 850W NZXT Gamma w/ 8xCase Fans Logitek 
  hide details  
Reply
Frankenstien
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 6x 1100T @ 4112.6Mhz Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 2xSapphire Radeon 6970 - 2Gb 2x4Gb Gskill Ripjaw 1600 Cas 7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Samsung F3 7200RPM OEM-Sony Windows 7 64Bit Home Acer 21.5'' 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitek ThermalTake Blackwidow 850W NZXT Gamma w/ 8xCase Fans Logitek 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 19
The only major difference between those two mobo is 4 way SLI/CF, but you need a ROG Xpander for it.
HTPC
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A-3870K AsRock A75 Pro (FM1) HyperX DDR3 1866 8 GB SAMSUNG 830 256gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 2TB Plextor Black Blu-ray Burner Phenom II X4 stock Cooler Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCase
LG M2762D-PM Glossy Black 27" 5ms (1920x1080) Antec HG 900 Gerenic ATX Case 
  hide details  
Reply
HTPC
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A-3870K AsRock A75 Pro (FM1) HyperX DDR3 1866 8 GB SAMSUNG 830 256gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 2TB Plextor Black Blu-ray Burner Phenom II X4 stock Cooler Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCase
LG M2762D-PM Glossy Black 27" 5ms (1920x1080) Antec HG 900 Gerenic ATX Case 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Bit View Post
Future plans are to QuadFire Via a 6990 addition in the aftermath of my Zambezi, (Provided my Zambezi lives up to its expectations, If it doesnt live up to its rumors, I will stay on Xfire 6970s)
So.. you gonna have 2xHD6970, and latter add a HD6990, definetly Crosshair v Formula.

Because with the C5F you only need a 7 expansion slots CASE, and it will run 16x8x8.

With Sabertooth, you will need 8 expansion slot case, and it will run 16x8x4. Or 16x16x4, dunno, just know the last slot is x4 and you will need it to run 3 cards.
post #19 of 19
Uhh...the Sabertooth runs 16x8x8 if you populate 3 cards. If two 16x16(obviously). The black slot runs at x4 speed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
So.. you gonna have 2xHD6970, and latter add a HD6990, definetly Crosshair v Formula.

Because with the C5F you only need a 7 expansion slots CASE, and it will run 16x8x8.

With Sabertooth, you will need 8 expansion slot case, and it will run 16x8x4. Or 16x16x4, dunno, just know the last slot is x4 and you will need it to run 3 cards.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › Not a Flame Thread, Buyers Question. Sabertooth or CrosshairV?